AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] [SM 1.3] Block ghost duck exploit 1.5 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96876)

Thraka 07-09-2009 23:47

[L4D] [SM 1.3] Block ghost duck exploit 1.5

10 Attachment(s)
This plugin will prevent a ghost infected from using the DUCK command if they are blocked. In addition, if they get passed that line of defense, it will create a timer (for 0.1 seconds) after they spawn that checks for the following conditions:
1) They are ducked, but not in the process of "ducking" (released the crouch key and are coming up from the duck)
2) Is not holding the crouch button down.

If those conditions match, the player is slayed and notified that why they were killed. The plugin calls ShowActivity2 which tells (depending on how you have sourcemod setup) people the person was killed for trying to use the exploit.

Because of the way the game works, anytime a ghost is in a tunnel which auto ducks them, they are detected as cheating if they aren't holding crouch. For this reason, the default is not to kill them, but to force them to duck unduck.

Version 1.0 forces a player to run +duck then -duck after spawning.

l4d_block_ghost_duck.sp is always the latest.

Notes
!!Version 1.1 and above require SM 1.3!!
!!Version 1.1 and above require SM 1.3!!
- Use version 1.0 if you wish to run on SM 1.2

Version History
  • Fixed +duck-duck mode where every time you spawn, it called the code. Now it does same detection as slay version. (is ducked, not holding duck, and not falling)
  • Changed default from slay to +duck-duck.

• Added the ability to toggle slay when exploit detected at spawn.
  • Detects falling velocity during spawn. L4D flags you as ducking when you jump. This now (when spawning) checks to see if the player IS ducking, BUT is falling, and bypasses the kill\duck+stand fix.

• Added a fallback method of detection. If player spawns, is on the infected team, is ducked, and is not holding the duck key, they are slayed and notified why.
  • More effecient. Now it caches the offsets of the properties. It first checks for duck command even being used, then checks that the client is on the infected team, then makes sure we're working with players, not bots.
  • Uses SM 1.3
  • Hooks player command and detects for team infected, is a ghost, if they are using the +DUCK command, and if they are blocked, and if so, removes the +DUCK command.
  • Uses SM 1.2
  • Uses better detection of the client using the exploit when spawning. Pulled from version 1.5. No longer forces to duck\unduck every time.
  • Initial release.

CVARs
l4d_ghost_duck_block_ver - Version of the plugin
l4d_ghost_duck_block_kill - If set to 1, slays the player when they spawn and have used the exploit. Default is 0. Note: If set to 0, they use the old duck+stand mechanism which cancels out the exploit.

History Downloads
Version 1.0 - 22 views
Version 1.1 - 15 views
Version 1.2 - 17 views
Version 1.3 - 4 views
Version 1.4 - 44 views

olj 07-10-2009 08:59

Re: [L4D] Block ghost duck exploit

"It prevents a infected ghost from using the no-sound, fast move spawn exploit." What's that mean? I have no idea about that exploit and what problems it can cause.

GM-Scorp 07-10-2009 11:22

if i'm right the exploid causes players to move at run speed when they are crouching

if i'm not mistaken

this plugin prevent that from happening i gues

Thx man good 1

Thraka 07-10-2009 12:01

I don't want to explain HOW the exploit is done, just to prevent it from spreading. But a lot of people will do it on servers. Basically, once they spawn it lets them keep their ghost speed (or around the speed of the ghost, so they move much faster than normal) fully ducked, and they make no noises. Hunters can pounce instantly. Since they are fully crouched (without even pressing the crouch button) once they press the crouch button, it stand them back up and returns to normal. So this forces them to stand back up on spawn.

AtomicStryker 07-10-2009 12:55

This also breaks Hunters that spawn ducked legit, they can't quickspawn and pounce immediatly.

I suggest you forget your manual duck approach and check for being Hunter and the Entity Prop m_bDucked

Thraka 07-10-2009 13:36

It's on my todo list really. m_bDucked always returns 1 no matter what.

Thraka 07-10-2009 14:30

Got it working with SM 1.3, the way you would expect it to work. YAH!!

bman87 07-10-2009 15:09

Re: [L4D] Block ghost duck exploit 1.1

I have not installed this yet. But from the looks of the source its going to spam the crap out of you with debug info. Should I comment out all the PrintToChatAll() before I compile? It would be nicer if it were stealthy.

quick fix:

*Fixed in OP*

AtomicStryker 07-10-2009 15:33

For a release it would be nicer if it didn't have twelve PrintToChatAll's for every duck :P

Thraka 07-10-2009 15:52

Strange. i saved it with those removed and I'm running it on my server.

Weird.. PawnStudio had the correct one. I save it, close Pawn and reload it, and it was back with all the chats.. I'll fix it.

... done

Same thing happened to me with the TankPunch fix I did.. SourcePawn had correct version, and even if I saved it, it didn't write it to disk..