AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] Grooveshark v2.0.5 (2012-10-15) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=142920)

GNCMatt 11-11-2010 21:30

[ANY] Grooveshark v2.0.5 (2012-10-15)

4 Attachment(s)
Grooveshark
Listen to songs in-game from Grooveshark's massive music database.

Description:
This plugin will allow you to play specific songs in game, and it will broadcast the song information in chat, which includes: the name of the song, artist, and a Song ID that other players can use to listen to the same song.

http://imgur.com/tS2NU.png

Command List:
sm_grooveshark (No Parameters) - Launch Grooveshark.com in MOTD browser for manual usage. *
sm_grooveshark <Name of Song> - Play song that best matches your query
sm_gs <Name of Song> - Alias for sm_grooveshark
sm_gsid <Song ID> - If you know the ID of the song you're looking for
sm_gsid2 <Song ID> - Play a song with the songid you get from the "share song" url.
sm_gsstop - Stop currently playing song
sm_gsplay (No Parameters) - Replay the last song you selected with sm_grooveshark
sm_gsplay <client> - Play the last song that client played.
sm_gscurrent - Displays information about the last song you selected with sm_grooveshark
gs_follow <client> - Follow another player. Any songs they play will play for you.
gs_open - Opens the motd panel without setting anything. It's a little fragile but can be used for a few things, including: debugging issues, adjusting settings, seeking.

Admin Commands:
gs_followall <client> - Forces all clients to follow the specified client.

Cvars:
sm_gs_apikey <key> - Sets the API key that you can obtain from http://tinysong.com/api.

Dependencies:
Socket Extension
Colors (Only for compiling)

Special Thanks:
|N| Octo-dhd - Thanks for the snippet.
All the jumpers that helped beta test.
Grooveshark and TinySong - Thanks for being awesome!

Known Issues:
  • The latest version is based on the development version that isn't really finished yet. It should still all work as is, but it's not the final version of what I intended to post.
  • Possible issues with L4D2. Workaround: Type !gs in chat with no parameters first, then close the motd window and you should be able to use it normally.

Other Notes:
  • If you enjoy the content delivered by this plugin, you should check out Grooveshark.com when you aren't in game, to support their site (banner ads). Maybe even consider VIP for $3/mo. I personally have VIP just so I could use their awesome Android App, but there are other benefits too. (Note: I am not affiliated with the site and any money paid to Grooveshark has nothing to do with me or this plugin).
  • I've only tested this plugin on TF2, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on all mods.

Changelog:
v2.0.5 (2012-10-15)
* Fixed some stuff.
* The lag that was previously present no longer exists (Thanks Valve!), minus a ping spike during buffer.
* Added API Key support.
* Added support for errors.
* Modified how sm_gsid works, and added sm_gsid2 so you can play songs with the id you find in the share url from grooveshark.com.
* Added sm_gsfollow <client> so you can follow another player and any song they play will play for you too.
* Added admin command sm_gsfollowall <client> so admin can force all players to follow the specified player.
* Added sm_gsopen. This command will just open the motd panel without changing anything, use after playing a song for debugging, or if you want to adjust song volume or something.
* Modified gs_play, you can now use gs_play <client> to listen to the last song that client played.
* There might be more things, it's been a long update window.

v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
* Added sm_gsstop command to stop the music.

v1.2.0 (2010-11-11)
* Initial public release

noodleboy347 11-11-2010 22:53

Re: [ANY] Grooveshark

This is fantastic. The lag is pretty bad tho :/

Caps Lock Fuck Yeah 11-12-2010 02:17

This is just fantastic, i love it!

B!PP 11-12-2010 07:30

Wow.

I'm a VIP groovesharf since 2 years now.
Use grooveshark in STEAM games is like living a dream.

Nice work !

Herokim 11-12-2010 08:47

Confirming it works in Left 4 Dead 2.

EDIT: To make songs work, you need to type first !gs/!grooveshark and let it load fully 'till it shows "Search for music". Possible bug?

Caps Lock Fuck Yeah 11-12-2010 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herokim (Post 1347814)
Is it possible to do something like this ?

sm_gs "Song" "Artist"

:S?

Oh, and confirming it works in Left 4 Dead 2.

EDIT: To make songs work, you need to type first !gs/!grooveshark and let it load fully 'till it shows "Search for music". Possible bug?

It already does do that...
!gs "Any search string here"

GNCMatt 11-12-2010 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caps Lock Fuck Yeah (Post 1347902)
Quote:

Is it possible to do something like this ?

sm_gs "Song" "Artist"

:S?

Oh, and confirming it works in Left 4 Dead 2.

It already does do that...
!gs "Any search string here"

What he said.

Quote:

Not sure exactly what you mean. If you use the command with a song name you shouldn't see anything, it should just automatically start playing.

If you type the command alone without a song name (forgot to mention this in the first post) it will open http://www.grooveshark.com in the motd window. I put that in for people with accounts that want access to their playlists, or people that just want to setup a queue of songs instead of just one at a time. Though if you do that it won't display what song(s) you are listening to in chat so it isn't as social, but it is a bit more practical if you just care about the music.

delirium_trigger 11-12-2010 13:26

I was under the impression that it plays the music to all players in the server similar to stuff I have seen and heard in GMod and CSS servers. Does it do that for any other game?

In L4D2 it only plays for that specific person. Is there a way to have it stream to all connected clients?

Herokim 11-12-2010 13:56

I am telling that if I type /gs *song name + author* it shows that I am listening to it in chat, but really, I don't hear anything. I can only hear songs when I type /gs alone, so I will see the MOTD. After it loaded fully to the main website, and leave the MOTD, I can play songs and hear them actually.
Hope you understand me now.

delirium_trigger 11-12-2010 13:59

And Herokim is right.

If you join the server and automatically try to play a specific song it will not play.

You must first let the GS MOTD load first before you can play any song.

and 1 more thing, no pause option or stop option?