AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting Help (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Another way instead of "Public function"? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=184264)

iBrazilian 05-02-2012 22:05

Another way instead of "Public function"?

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum, either way this revolves around help. I've got a PokeMod server, It has about 500+ Public functions just on skills itself and that's way too much for a server at least seems that way, It seems to be crashing my server as it's too many things calling specially when my server hits 15-20+ players, is there anyway that I can use these skills without being with Public functions.

Arkshine 05-03-2012 05:12

Re: Another way instead of "Public function"?

Don't assume randomly something when you have no idea what you're talking about. A crash is way too vague. Star t to check if you can get more informations. Start to test one-by-one plugins you have to see what happens.

iBrazilian 05-03-2012 15:55

I've spent weeks on this, testing and debugging, looking over countless logs and code. Wiped server clean, updated AMXX. I run at 3 plugins overall including PokeMod which is the largest one overall the others are very small plugins.

I've talked to Emp`, Liinuus, Hib who codes for PokeMod. Reason for it appear that for example, if there are too many skills being spammed even with a cooldown, It puts a stress on the server, that's lets say [1] person using a skill with sound, model. Now multiply that by 10 or even 15 players, that's pretty big. I've deleted I'd say 90% of the sounds and barely running any models now, yet It continues to crash. The only things that appears on log at the moment is spamming of IP:Reconnect and SZ_GetSpace: overflow on.

A question that I've got is "SZ_GetSpace: overflow on" is that from message_begin line? As in most skills there are at least 1 message_begin meaning there are over 500 of it.

Just trying to understand more. Thank you for replying.

fysiks 05-04-2012 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBrazilian (Post 1701387)
I've spent weeks on this, testing and debugging, looking over countless logs and code. Wiped server clean, updated AMXX. I run at 3 plugins overall including PokeMod which is the largest one overall the others are very small plugins.

I've talked to Emp`, Liinuus, Hib who codes for PokeMod. Reason for it appear that for example, if there are too many skills being spammed even with a cooldown, It puts a stress on the server, that's lets say [1] person using a skill with sound, model. Now multiply that by 10 or even 15 players, that's pretty big. I've deleted I'd say 90% of the sounds and barely running any models now, yet It continues to crash. The only things that appears on log at the moment is spamming of IP:Reconnect and SZ_GetSpace: overflow on.

A question that I've got is "SZ_GetSpace: overflow on" is that from message_begin line? As in most skills there are at least 1 message_begin meaning there are over 500 of it.

Just trying to understand more. Thank you for replying.

See, you don't really know what you are talking about. Don't assume it is because of too many "public functions," it just makes you sound ignorant when you say stuff like that.

iBrazilian 05-04-2012 04:19

I'm not assuming, I've just been testing and debugging for 3+ months and It gets a bit frustrating when things doesn't work out that's why I've been asking for help now.

Forget everything I just said..
Could you please provide me with a couple of information on how I'd go about finding out deeper what may be causing the crashes?

fysiks 05-04-2012 04:21

Just because you say you debugged it doesn't mean there are "too many public functions."

It's not exactly an easy thing to debug (you seem to have found out). Has it ever worked well or has it always been like this?

iBrazilian 05-04-2012 04:23

Lately after deleting many sounds it seems to have lowered, usually 3-6 crashes daily. Now 1-2, so pretty much always been this way.

fysiks 05-04-2012 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBrazilian (Post 1701790)
pretty much always been this way.

Is it a custom version of the plugin? Did you try disabling everything but the plugin in question and the default AMX Mod X plugins? What happens?

iBrazilian 05-04-2012 04:40

Only one file is custom which are some skills other then that everything is original release version. I've disabled pretty much everything. Recently I updated to AMXX to 1.8.2 from 1.8.1 and that seemed to lowered the crash. This here is my plugins.ini http://pastebin.com/b1LC60Lp . I get a few occasional errors sometimes from a couple of plugins such as xredirect, multilang which is ramdom and shouldn't, but not sure.

fysiks 05-04-2012 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBrazilian (Post 1701796)
I've disabled pretty much everything.

What does that mean?