AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Auto Name Changer - "unnamed"/New Player Name [23rd Jun 08] (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72079)

MoggieX 05-30-2008 20:47

Auto Name Changer - "unnamed"/New Player Name [23rd Jun 08]

1 Attachment(s)
Auto Name Changer

Purpose
We were all "unnamed" once and this plug-in automatically changes a players name when they connect (and only connect) to something a little more useful to a newbie, such as:

Press ESC > Options > Set Name

This plugin now has the option to change the name as a cvar, thus for example you wanted to auto change the name in Eternal Silence, alter the convar sm_autoname_ntc to "ES Newbie"

I had been using a simple script using the sm_name command and thought it was about time I did it properly as I cannot be on 12 game servers at the same time.

Convars
sm_autoname_version - Version duh
sm_autoname_name - This is set to "Press ESC > Options > Set Name" by default
sm_autoname_ntc - Default: "unnamed" - Change this to "ES Newbie" if using Eternal Silence mod

Installation
Pop the autonamechanger.smx file in your <mod dir>/addons/scourcemod/plugins directory

Notes
I never intend for this plug-in to check for people changing their name to unnamed while in game, only when they connect; That is not the aim of this plug-in at all [checking for chnages]. Its there to HELP a new n00blet.

Suggestions
Open to all with the exclusion of the above :)

Version History
1.0 - First release
2.0 - Now checks anywhere in the name for "unnamed", thus if a player with the name of "(1000001)unnamed" connects, it gets changed. Although only likely to be "(1)unnamed" or "(2)unnamed".
3.0 - Updated with new cvar to change the name to be checked as the mod requires

Thanks To
Tsunami & a the layout from one of bl4nk's plug-ins

Manni 05-30-2008 23:36

Re: "unnamed" - Auto Name Changer [31 May 08]

Hi.

Nice plugin.

Does this also prevent this;
(more and more people connect to the servers as "unconnected", then they are not kick & ban able via !commands or menu nor visible in the console, if you type "status")?

i guess not. The real name isn't "unconnected", they only appear as "unconnected"
Hmhm

Fenrix 05-31-2008 00:05

you wouldnt be able to enable an option to randomly pick a name from a list by anychance? ( i just IP ban any UNCONNECTED players so they can't see my server anymore)

DontWannaName 05-31-2008 00:42

Unconnected players are people who are partially connected to the server but dont authenticate. It has happened to me before. It takes bad lag to do it. But then again im not sure if thats the reason, could be a glitch/hack.

Fenrix 05-31-2008 07:13

my server just got crashed by an unconnected player and me and the regulars just figured out how to do it ourselves, its not something I will tell in a public forum but it can be replicated and done VERY easily.

if you want to know how its done give me a pm.

as for the unnamed one its not really the same as the unconnected glitch

Lapoxickle 05-31-2008 07:57

Could you please add support for kicking/banning people with Unconnected names also? already been said that they appear as just a blank name in status, this would be much appreciated as the influx of abusers mic spamming and generally trying to kill off servers is getting annoying now

MoggieX 05-31-2008 09:50

Interesting as we've only had very minor issues with nub-cakes joining as " " and unconnected.

It should be easy to add a check for " " and "unconnected", although for "unconnected" I am caucious as that would normaly indicate that the player hasn't connected properly and may not even hit the event that I'm using to check a players name.

I'll put something together in a few minutes, if one of you would like to try it out and post back the results.

Matt

MoggieX 05-31-2008 10:03

Try the attached.

If they join as " ", it changes thier name, prints to chat and kicks

If they join as "unconnected", it prints to chat and kicks

Note it looks right, but I have not tested it :)

Matt

Lapoxickle 05-31-2008 10:08

I would test it but i get: "Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author." when trying to download

MoggieX 05-31-2008 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lapoxickle (Post 632569)
I would test it but i get: "Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author." when trying to download

Yea I got the same, will try later when I'm back on my main machine.

Matt