AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Grenade Trails (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=68057)

Fredd 03-07-2008 00:32

Grenade Trails

2 Attachment(s)
Grenade Trails Version 1.1

Adds a trail to grenades when you throw them..here is the video thx to exvel for taking it

Requires - Hooker Extension

Cvars

gt_enables - Enables\Disables the trails, 1=on, 0=off

LocutusH 03-07-2008 04:50

Re: Grenade Trails

Can you please provide a screenshot, how this looks in game?

ottobohn 03-07-2008 16:31

This shoulds good for DM.

exvel 03-10-2008 14:19

Awsome plugin! Thanks.
Here is a small video which shows plugin in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8_dg0BVLiE

Rebell 03-10-2008 15:17

Looks nice ^^

cya

Fredd 03-10-2008 18:19

exvel@: thx alot man, ill add it to the first post.

tcviper 03-11-2008 08:46

Approved :)

cjeshjoir™ 03-23-2008 19:17

1 Attachment(s)
One possible reason flashes turn yellow instead of white is because there are multiple beams following the grenade. After modifying this plugin to make random colored trails, I observed multiple colors per trail instead of one trail and one color. The screenshot attached clearly shows multiple beams.

bl4nk 03-23-2008 20:36

This is because he has it set to make a trail behind the grenade every frame instead of only setting one trail on it.

cjeshjoir™ 03-24-2008 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl4nk (Post 600948)
This is because he has it set to make a trail behind the grenade every frame instead of only setting one trail on it.

What would be a better method for creating a trail behind a grenade?

Fredd 03-24-2008 01:45

...nice discussion guys, you also want to remake my version of the plugin and post it here? there is no better way to do this, other than using virtual hooks which is unsupported right now.

bl4nk 03-24-2008 02:13

Um, sure there is. Just make an array the size of GetMaxEntities() and when you find a grenade, set the array at that entity's number to 1. When it's destroyed set it back to 0. That way you can check if it already has a trail behind it or not.

DontWannaName 03-25-2008 01:48

You should make it smoke like in DODS instead of colors.

Wizman87 05-11-2008 13:43

Hey Fredd, I installed your Grenade Trails v1.0 plugin onto my server, and it is working great, with the exception of one thing that I noticed. I started getting this error message each time upon throwing a random HE grenade, flashbang, or smoke grenade (any grenade) over de_dust2's platform (bomb planting radius @ bombsite A) from CT spawn towards the ramp/small hill up to the platform area:

Quote:

Engine Error:
CUtlLinkedList overflow!

hl2.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
I'm not sure if you've encountered this error yet or if its on your "To Fix Bugs" list, but I'm reporting it anyways ~ just incase. I might be the first one to encounter this, since no one else has seen this occurance, let alone, heard of, or commented on it yet. (Not to mention I want it fixed ASAP so I can put it back onto my server, haha. Nothing to say about helping out in the process though.) :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure that it isn't a random occurance either since I've tried testing multiple times (via relaunching CS:S, rejoining my server, etc), and throwing it in the same radius area towards the same destination again and again. It doesn't seem to crash when I throw any type of grenade anywhere else (or to say the least, in a spot that I haven't encountered yet ~ on any other map as well). It seems to spring that error with any grenade that I throw though, like I previously mentioned. Also, I'm not sure if its client-side, if its a programming error, or if its a plugin conflict, but I've got my ideas, since it doesn't seem to crash the server, and I'm more than likely sure my plugins are all working fine together via server-side. I'm thinking its a programming error, in relation with the engine's code and the plugin's code since it only crashes the client. The trail is overflowing since it is being multiplied/calculated or trailed/displayed multiple times over and over again, much in the same way that cjeshjoir described in his earlier post with his screenshot, thereby creating a flow error aka buffer overflow. :arrow::idea: It's probably a small fix.

If I could, I'd have a go at looking at your code, but seeing as I have no knowledge of HL2 engine based coding, I'll have to resort to waiting for a bug fix or a re-release. (No surprise there.) ^^''

In the meantime, I'll test things out a bit more and see if I run into any other bugs worth mentioning. =P

*cough*

Time to get crackin'!! >=P!

"Go, go, go!" "MOVE!!"

:mrgreen:

Fredd 05-11-2008 15:51

im planning to rewrite the code, so just hang in there..

MoggieX 05-11-2008 15:59

We got the same too, loaded it up with 64 players on and at least 50% of them got that error as described above.

For the ones that didn't receieve that error, it worked well :)

Matt

maitredede 05-21-2008 12:48

Hi !

Same overflow bug here... It is client-side only...

I think it happens because when you see many trails at the same time, each trail part is kept in a client-side memory list, and this list is not big enough to keep all those trail-parts...

I think for bug-correction :
- Ask Valve :)
- Change the trail-related function to draw a part only each 10 gameframes (or less often)

Good luck :)

Fredd 05-21-2008 17:56

im going to update this soon to work better, so h\o.

MisterCrille 05-31-2008 12:48

I love this plugin and will keep using it on my server if the crashing stops. Thanks a lot!

Fredd 05-31-2008 17:37

update is coming soon it will be all fixed.

Fredd 06-05-2008 11:21

ok updated...
cjeshjoir™ and bl4nk: the same issue is still happening, white is yellow even though i only set it once...and blue(0,0,225,225) doesnt even work either..

everyone else who had issues with this plugin on d2 please test the new version and tell me how it works out...

and yeah i will try adding support for custom convars to change the colors soon...

PStar 06-05-2008 11:33

Yes, i noticed it later silly me XD.
Just a sec and i will try it out.

Fredd 06-05-2008 11:34

you need to download the hooker and use its include files in order to be able to compile locally...i have attached the .smx for reason in the first post either way you will need to download hooker on your server..

PStar 06-05-2008 11:45

Looks like it works, but the trails are now less see able and smaller.
I throw 8 grenades and nothing bad happened where with the older version it was enough to throw a HE,flash, and smoke.

Fredd 06-05-2008 11:53

ok thats good to heard ;]
the brightness, width, and fade are less visible i know...now do you guys wanna be able to control the color, brightness, width, fade for every grenade with a convar or just the color? or i could just change the brightness and only add convars for colors...

Mister_Crille 06-05-2008 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredd (Post 634934)
you need to download the hooker and use its include files in order to be able to compile locally...i have attached the .smx for reason in the first post either way you will need to download hooker on your server..

I have no idea what this means?:|

edit* I got it working but doesn´t look as good as it did before. I uploaded the hooker files and the plugin smx, is this right?

J@y-R 06-05-2008 17:58

I can not Compiled over the Attached Files
Get Plugin !!!

Greetz
JaY

Fredd 06-05-2008 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by J@y-R (Post 635100)
Get Plugin !!!

Greetz
JaY

if you understand words..i said dont use the "Get Plugin" funciton i attached the .smx for a reason...

PStar 06-06-2008 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by J@y-R (Post 635100)
Get Plugin !!!

Greetz
JaY

Download the required Hokker extension too and it will compile.

MoggieX 06-21-2008 07:17

Question: Could this be expanded to make the players themselves have trails?

Matt

TechKnow 08-23-2008 01:54

I have found a Glitch with this plugin... sorry, I really dont know if it ever can be fixed.. with this plugin enabled and you throw a nade out of the map it will crash EVERYONES counterstike game and everyone will have to re open counterstrike due to some kind of overflow, once people found this out they were doing all the time to be asses so i removed the plugin.

TechKnow

Snake60 08-23-2008 05:42

TechKnow
Tell me please, on which maps this happened? I use this plugin over 2 month and never it crash our server. Maybe peoples don't throw nade out of the map... I want test it...

TechKnow 08-23-2008 07:14

I think any map, but I was showed on Dust2 by the big box at the top of Bomsite A, and yes I have been running it for like i guess 6 months on 3 of my populated servers and never knew what was doing this overflow error crash of the client. Needless to say when I was shown and proved to, I about shit and removed the plugin from all 3 servers and havent had a crash since. I am very sorry I had to remove this plugin because Alot liked it but mostly me, BTW, the server dont crash, it crashes the client with an overflow error.

TechKnow.

..::FireBlade::.. 07-20-2009 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjeshjoir™ (Post 601018)
What would be a better method for creating a trail behind a grenade?

Yeah, that could be awesome, or then create a weapon trail, like a knife trail, so you can give a knife to a player, with a trail.

DGA_Zero 05-20-2010 10:59

When I want to download the plugin it answer me: Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author.

TechKnow 05-20-2010 16:03

1 Attachment(s)
You need to compile the plugin with an older version of sourcemod or download this one here, both ways will still work with latest sourcemod, because sourcemod for the most part totally backwards compatable.

skabull 07-18-2010 19:36

Hello,

Since the update to CSS, the plugin is crashing the server to change map ...

I'm sure that the plugin that causes the reboot the server, because if I remove it, I can change the map without problem.

There will be an update of the plugin?

Sorry for my English school ...

bouncer 10-16-2010 10:39

Is it possible to make it so that only those admins with custom flag O have grenade trails?

SC]-[LONG_{HoF} 10-16-2010 13:32

I would use this plugin if it was stable.

Bacardi 10-16-2010 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC]-[LONG_{HoF} (Post 1326564)
I would use this plugin if it was stable.

Ye, same here.
This will crash clients, not server. But I haven't test this in long time...

*edit
Or I don't remember will first post plugin crash server and this #36 works but crash clients game.