AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   DODS+ 0.9.1 (was DODSfix) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=45300)

L. Duke 09-28-2006 15:14

DODS+ 0.9.1 (was DODSfix)

1 Attachment(s)
Obsolete

DODSfix is now updated and renamed to DODS+

DODS+ allows server admins to customize the weapon/ammo set each class receives at spawn.

Default setting:
  • Rifle and Support classes get pistols (3 total clips, 1 in gun and 2 spare)
Included settings (commented out of the cfg):
  • Rifle classes receive regular grenades instead of rifle grenades
  • Increase clips for m1carbine/c96 for Rocket class to 5 total (from 3 total)
  • Decrease number of rockets for Rocket class to 3 total (from 5 total)
Examples that could be done with this plugin:
  • Give allied riflemen a k98 instead of a garand
  • Give snipers an m1carbine/c96 instead of a pistol
  • Change the number of clips given for any weapon or the number of nades a player receives.
  • etc.
Please post any bugs or problems in this thread.

FlyingMongoose 09-28-2006 16:15

Re: DODSfix (pistols for rifle/heavy) [ver 0.9]

I would also state that the name "DoD:S Fix" also coincides with the way DoD 1.6 works. IE, "Fixing it" for play as though it was closer to the original.

trawiator 09-28-2006 16:37

Great plugin!

+karma for you. :D

OoS-LJ 09-28-2006 20:39

Nice plug-in. I already do this via Eventscripts. Is this any better or does it do the same thing as ES. Thanks for making things for us DODS peeps. I felt left out.

L. Duke 09-28-2006 22:40

Thanks everyone. I like your comment FlyingMongoose. :)

OoS-LJ, if it's working for you keep doing it. I would say that this would cause less overhead than using eventscripts because the decisions are made in machine code, which if I'm not mistaken, will take way less time than parseing text, deciding what it means, and executing the proper code.

OoS-LJ 09-29-2006 00:58

Yes, I would love for you to be able to add a few more features. It would be nice to have cvars to add ammo to any weapon for any class, or replacing the rifle nades with regular nades. Just figure I put out the request and see what happens. Thanks again for the plugin. Keep up the good work.

unnamed :) 09-29-2006 05:56

How about setting amount of ammunition on classes yourself? I'd love to add 1 more clip to every secondary weapon.

tcviper 09-29-2006 07:32

Good plugin though Im not going to use it as its part of the game, each class is balanced in its own way and if you add a pistol to all classes (specially for a class that already has enough high power), you will change gameplay.

L. Duke 09-29-2006 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcviper (Post 385624)
Good plugin though Im not going to use it as its part of the game, each class is balanced in its own way and if you add a pistol to all classes (specially for a class that already has enough high power), you will change gameplay.

A big :down: from Viper! : )

That's definitely a concern. This code was originally part of the CALibrate DODS match plugin, and it may have had a big effect there. On our pub server, most people don't like the rifle classes so anything that gets them to play it is a plus to us.

quint 09-29-2006 10:50

Nice idea

what classes get the pistol , is it Support and Rifle class ?

What does this mean in the readme.html

"Two screenshots will be taken of each player after random deaths"

Thank you