AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [22/10/2022] (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=310498)

iceeedr 09-05-2018 23:39

HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [22/10/2022]

49 Attachment(s)
Public Info:

I found problems using the plugin made by "OLO" (sometimes it did not kick the player even though I was watching the ping and was always above the allowed), so I decided to give a little update and modify some things, making clear to the administrators of the site that I am posting just for help if anyone else goes through this.

Oh sure, I accept constructive criticism :D

Notes about changes/updates:

The plugin made by OLO uses dynamic number of arguments in its functions, and for some reason was failing (at least with me), so I made a small update on the way the tasks are created, passing the task ID correctly so as not to confuse with the ID of the player and I modified the cvar for pcvars (this does not make much difference, but who is updating one thing already avails and updates another.)

Servers using this plugin:

Here o/

Requirements:

* AMXX >= 1.10
* Compile locally

Obs:

~> Again, I thank "OLO" for the plugin originally produced, and SmileYzn for countless aids.

Submit translations:

Please send your translations through this link.

Available Languages:

Portuguese - iceeedR
English - iceeedR
Spanish - Rivotril
Romanian - Nutu_
Serbian - ^G[L]A^~Yuki
Slovak - Belo95135
German - Mordekay
Turkish - Snake
Hungarian - Hembi
Albanian - lantimilan
Simplified chinese - all85100
Russian - SomewhereLost
Albanian - edon1337

History:

Code:

0.1 [06/09/2018]
* First release

0.2 [10/09/2018]
* Fully upgraded to amxx 1.9.

0.3 [03/10/2018]
* new natives from amxx 1.9 used
* AutoExecConfig Added to plugin

0.4 [05/10/2018]
* AutoExecConfig removed since it was added to the new amxx.

0.5 [05/10/2018]
* Fixed a typo.

0.6 [18/10/2018]
* Fixed use of native bind_pcvar_ *
* Added language file

0.7 [06/12/2018]
* Added 2 cvars "Admin immunity" and "Notification filter"
* Changed .cfg creation path

0.8 [08/12/2018]
* Added to log the kick message.
* Small bugs fixed like the cvar "amx __..." (contained 2 underlines), please delete the newpingkicker.cfg and use the new file created.

0.8.1 [02/01/2019]
* Added variable to create log or not of kicked players.
* Corrected the notification method so that it is always updated with the value of the cvar.

0.9 [08/01/2019]
* Minor Adjustments

1.0 [27/02/2019]
* Clean and remove unnecessary code
* Removed the command amx_hpk, in view of the use of CFG.
* Added a filter for the immunity flag to admin.

1.1 [04/06/2019]
* Little fixes

1.2 [16/07/2019]
* Fixed some typos

1.3 [10/01/2020] - And probably the final version.
* Fixed language formatting when kicking.

1.4 [23/08/2021] - Final Version (No bug reporting)
* Small optimization in creating cvars.

1.5 [03/09/2021] - Minor adjustments for approval

1.5.1 [20/10/2021] - Updated LANG.

1.6 [31/05/2022]
* Logic redone after some reports that if a player got lag after some time without lag, the average was not correctly applied.
* No need to redownload lang or delete the cfg file.

1.7 [22/10/2022]
* Fixed log_amx which was using LANG_PLAYER instead of LANG_SERVER.
* Fixed small error in LANG file in pt-br.

Keep in mind the need to delete the old "NewPingkicker" cfg so that it can be generated the updated one.
-----------------------------------------------END----------------------------------------------

JusTGo 09-06-2018 09:02

Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated

maybe you should mention what you have updated from OLO version

iceeedr 09-06-2018 10:06

Just looking at the 2 sma's clearly perceives the difference. I do not want to go into the subject too much.

HamletEagle 09-06-2018 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceeedr (Post 2614014)
Just looking at the 2 sma's clearly perceives the difference. I do not want to go into the subject too much.

If you decide to take someone else's plugin and post it you should definitely say what you changed.

OciXCrom 09-06-2018 10:19

Quote:

* AMXX >= 1.8.2
The plugin won't compile on 1.8.2 because MAX_PLAYERS isn't defined.

iceeedr 09-06-2018 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2614019)
The plugin won't compile on 1.8.2 because MAX_PLAYERS isn't defined.

Oops, my mistake, fixed.

iceeedr 09-06-2018 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamletEagle (Post 2614018)
If you decide to take someone else's plugin and post it you should definitely say what you changed.

Seeing this side you are right, I will update the main post as soon as possible, I make clear that I have no intention of "stealing" the plugin made previously to post again because I do not receive anything for that, if that's the case and you think it's better, we can delete this post and I post the update in OLO's own post, I'm waiting for the best solution.

HamletEagle 09-06-2018 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceeedr (Post 2614023)
Seeing this side you are right, I will update the main post as soon as possible, I make clear that I have no intention of "stealing" the plugin made previously to post again because I do not receive anything for that, if that's the case and you think it's better, we can delete this post and I post the update in OLO's own post, I'm waiting for the best solution.

If the changes you made are significant enough you can make a new thread and take over the plugin(the original author name should be kept, you could say something like OLO & iceeedr)

iceeedr 09-06-2018 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamletEagle (Post 2614027)
If the changes you made are significant enough you can make a new thread and take over the plugin(the original author name should be kept, you could say something like OLO & iceeedr)

The plugin made by OLO uses dynamic number of arguments in its functions, and for some reason was failing (at least with me), so I made a small update on the way the tasks are created, passing the task ID correctly so as not to confuse with the ID of the player and I modified the cvar for pcvars (this does not make much difference, but who is updating one thing already avails and updates another.) I wait for your endorsement to update the main post and / or delete the post and do just the weights in the original plugin, see you later.

Fuck For Fun 09-08-2018 18:46

Glad to see people like you who take old PLUGIN and improve it, but I'd love you to do
*UPDATE and explain what has been fixed / arranged.