AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Info string length exceeded (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=31864)

Cerv3r 11-27-2004 00:13

Info string length exceeded

Please help me about this
in my dedicated server console
i get this message spamming my console

Quote:

Info string length exceeded
what does that mean?

Chivas2973 11-27-2004 23:13

I get this alot in my cstrike server, I'd like to know as well if anyone has any ideas

imported_Hawk 02-03-2005 21:10

this is kinda an old post but ya man ive had my server up for a while but i shut it down every night yet i still get this message every few days and its really bugging me but it just resently started happining i would like to know whats the problem and if there is some way to fix it

kanu | DarkPredator 02-03-2005 21:51

just to add, i get this message a lot as well

to help, i can pinpoint something that someone smarter may be able to figure out:

sometimes spiderman and batgirl give two errors, like ropmissile_chk or something,
so i went into their code and removed the lines about this

now instead of getting two errors like this:

Unknown command: ropemissile_chk
Unknown command: ropemissile_chk

i get this:

Info String Length Exceeded
Info String Length Exceeded

this happens everytime someone uses spiderman or batgirl, as in everytime the bound button is pressed
i dont know why it does that but maybe someone could look at those two heroes and figure something out

jtp10181 02-03-2005 23:14

I already said in another post that too many heroes are probably using set_user_info
if you are using any of prowlers heroes I belive he uses them a lot.

I will have to try and shorten the userinfo data set on the stock heroes.

Puddle In The Ocean 03-14-2005 23:43

ok dark predator stumbled onto something. i tested out this theory of his and when batgirl's rope is fired, i get 2 messages saying 'info length exceeded'. Is it set_user_info that i must change to fix it? (btw i have not edited batgirl or spiderman in any way and thats how it was download) maybe we need to post an actuall fix... what you guys think?

vittu 03-14-2005 23:48

puddle's you should be looking at the CVS your advanced enough for that, these issues have been fixed....

jtp10181 03-15-2005 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puddle In The Ocean
ok dark predator stumbled onto something. i tested out this theory of his and when batgirl's rope is fired, i get 2 messages saying 'info length exceeded'. Is it set_user_info that i must change to fix it? (btw i have not edited batgirl or spiderman in any way and thats how it was download) maybe we need to post an actuall fix... what you guys think?

we already established the problem above and I attempted to fix it in the CVS release as vittu said....

Puddle In The Ocean 03-15-2005 16:56

oooooh crap my bad...

so all i have to do is sownload the one from the forums?

jtp10181 03-15-2005 18:56

see the CVS link above, download from there and compile. Thats the most current version and has NO known bugs.