AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Mapchooser with vote output (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67234)

stevieboy 02-19-2008 01:42

Mapchooser with vote output

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

since i was comforted by the mani admin plugin informing all users of the current state of the pending vote I was very upset that the standard mapchooser-plugin doesn't want to tell me anything till the vote is finished.

So I checked the source and found a part where the user's vote would be displayed - but it was commented out due to a pending decission by BAIL.

I wrapped a new cvar around the code fragment and now I can switch on/off the vote output.

Via default the value of sm_mapvote_showvotes is set to 1, so if a vote occurs the chat will be showing something like "Player stevieboy voted for map 'cp_dustbowl'".

I post it here hoping that this cvar will find it's way into the next release of sm.

I hope it helps someone.

stevieboy

PS: If I find enough time I will add an additional hintbox with the current state of the vote (timeleft and maps voted, sorted by votes).

pRED* 02-20-2008 18:23

Re: Mapchooser with vote output

I removed the 'public cvar' bit from your first post since the cvar you put there wasn't actually a public cvar. See BAIL's post about getting your plugin approved for how to make one.

I'm approving this temporarily (because I can see why people want it) but once the new map management plugin is released as part of core it will probably be no longer needed.

stevieboy 02-21-2008 13:09

Hello,

thanks for the approval.

But I am a bit confused with your notes:

Do I have to change something?
What's this with the cvar?!

Thank you again,

Stevie

StevenT 03-29-2008 23:31

i guess this wont work with RTV ?

stevieboy 04-01-2008 10:44

No since rtv is handled by another plugin.

-=CsFF=- Eagle 05-17-2008 07:02

"PS: If I find enough time I will add an additional hintbox with the current state of the vote (timeleft and maps voted, sorted by votes). "

This would be really great.

stevieboy 05-17-2008 11:35

I'd say the same thing but I am a bit unsure since in every release of SM the vote-output is commented out due to a pending decision concerning the vote-api.

I don't want to do the work for nothing.

Maybe bailopan or someone else can give me a hint on the direction the SM-team is going?

Banjo Boy 05-27-2008 14:19

love this plugin nice job steve, you should do the same thing for rtv!

Runnin on my server :up:

stevieboy 05-29-2008 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banjo Boy (Post 630850)
love this plugin nice job steve, you should do the same thing for rtv!

I fact I did.

But there are several issues I don't like regarding the current plugins.

For instance the rtv-plugin does not reset the nominations after a mapchange so noone can nominate another map because the amount of nominations are already reached.

Furthermore it bugs me that rtv and mapchooser don't seem to lookup the last played maps so sometimes if an admin changed a map manually the mapchooser might suggest to switch to the previous map (among others).

I can upload the smx for the rtv though - if you are still interested.

Banjo Boy 05-31-2008 10:25

Well rtv never happens on my server, but if you don't mind, you know when an admin creates a map vote using the admin menu? Like click 3 for voting commands then map vote. Can you make it so it works with that? Is it even possible?