AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=321429)

mathilde 02-10-2020 14:02

[L4D2] "The Passing" bugs

This is on single player, realism

1. Francis cutscene
At campaign start, when Francis is the one who chats with survivors, bots will guide you through the lawn/park but then they stop moving/advancing upon your first building entry. They're now on a standstill.
Doesn't happen when Zoey's the one who chats with them.

SOLVED - This one is cause by 200IQBots_FlyYouFools plugin. Figured out bots stop when there's a tank (nearby) event that's bout to happen.

2. Pistol replaced by gas can that can't be picked up
Campaign start, again. Survivors usually have four medkits, 2 melee weapons on the ground and pistol on top of the trunk of jimmy gibbs' car. There are times when there's no pistol, but a single gas can beside the bumper instead. It's unusable but the bots keep picking it up thinking it's the pistol.
So they just stand there with their repetitive picking up animation not following you anymore.

SOLVED -
Quote:

Originally Posted by xZk (Post 2683434)
this happens almost always when I know when modifying melee weapons in: "WeaponType" "pistol", if you are modifying that through this Mission and Weapons - Info Editor, I recommend removing "WeaponType" in all weapons and test this if even you want to continue using those weapons while being incapped

:wink:

cravenge 02-11-2020 06:30

Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs

1. There's an entity in the first map that gets rid of Francis whether he's on Survivors or L4D1 teams. You can remove it with Stripper.

2. I have never encountered such a thing throughout the whole time I played L4D2. It must be a plugin responsible for producing said "bug".

mathilde 02-11-2020 10:10

Quote:

2. I have never encountered such a thing throughout the whole time I played L4D2. It must be a plugin responsible for producing said "bug".
Not a big deal if it's just one survivor that's glued to the car. I just bot select then make him follow the others. What's dumb, though is when the three of them are enchanted by the gas can.

Off topic: My very first plugin was grenade throwing bots. Not working anymore, though :P

Marttt 02-11-2020 15:00

You are getting some weird bugs, I play this for a long time and neither saw this kind of bugs.

But to the 1st topic, do as cravenge said, try to remove francis with Stripper

You can check some info here , is an old dump file but you will see that there is an entity called "francis".

Here is some of then:

"targetname" "francis"
"targetname" "francis_start"

Try to remove each one (with stripper) and check if it "fixes" it.

And about the 2nd, seems more like that the pistol is being replaced by another plugin.
Try to use a vanilla server (without plugins) and check if this weird behavior occurs.

xZk 02-11-2020 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathilde (Post 2683323)
2. Pistol replaced by gas can that can't be picked up

this happens almost always when I know when modifying melee weapons in: "WeaponType" "pistol", if you are modifying that through this Mission and Weapons - Info Editor, I recommend removing "WeaponType" in all weapons and test this if even you want to continue using those weapons while being incapped

mathilde 02-12-2020 08:57

Quote:

But to the 1st topic, do as cravenge said, try to remove francis with Stripper
I actually use stripper (character manager plugin). Anyway, solved already. Culprit was 200IQBots_FlyYouFools.

Quote:

this happens almost always when I know when modifying melee weapons in: "WeaponType" "pistol",
Yes, I modified all melee weapons to pistol type through vpk files not silvers' plugin. Haha. Oh my god.
So your idea is to put them back to default then just use incapped weapons?
*bug #2 doesn't happen all the time. maybe 2 in 7 campaign starts.

xZk 02-12-2020 15:59

yes, it is not a definitive solution but the best I could achieve if you still want to keep those weapons while being incapped, if not just remove the vpk and problem solved xd

mathilde 02-13-2020 06:26

@xZk
Seems like your probable solution worked but incapped weapons is not working. I have no l4d_info_editor_weapons.cfg from Mission & weapons info editor btw. When incapped with melee, no weapon is showing, can't use primary weapon(slot 1) & throwables(slot 3).

Could it be because plugin only runs in dedicated servers?

xZk 02-13-2020 15:13

yes, due to the required plugin, which is now only supported dedicated servers, sorry i can not do much to help you if you are using listen server :/

mathilde 02-13-2020 22:30

It's ok. Just reverted to my old vpk weapon info edits. Not that much of a bother. I'll mark this thread, solved.