AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Plugin Protect. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=259584)

Sdg 03-09-2015 14:04

Plugin Protect.

Is it possible to protect a plugin?

I would like to restrict the plugin to a server with the ip and port. else = server shooting down.
Sry my english.

Many Thanks!

Brrdy 03-09-2015 14:16

Re: Plugin Protect.

Wait. What do you want? Just like write up what you want in the most basic form with examples

So like

You want 1 plugin that runs certain things only and then anything else the server will run the exit command?

Sdg 03-09-2015 14:24

Nono.

I want to add to my ".sp" a code to restrict the use of the plugin.

For example, I want my plugin can be used only in the ip 200.1.1.1:27017.
If another server uses this plugin, the server crashing...

Dr. Greg House 03-09-2015 14:25

First: Wrong forum.
Second: It's open source. How do you expect anyone to not patch it out in 5 seconds? Pinky swear?

Brrdy 03-09-2015 14:27

Oh extremely easy lol sorry I misunderstood just use and if statement to check if the public ip has changed and the else statement as ServerCommand("exit") but it's extremely easy to bypass also, how the hell would anyone get your SP or are you worried about .smx's?

Sdg 03-09-2015 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brrdy (Post 2271749)
Oh extremely easy lol sorry I misunderstood just use and if statement to check if the public ip has changed and the else statement as ServerCommand("exit") but it's extremely easy to bypass also, how the hell would anyone get your SP or are you worried about .smx's?

I'm pretty noob, as would that be?

Sdg 03-09-2015 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2271748)
First: Wrong forum.

Sorry, I thought it was the right forum.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2271748)
Second: It's open source. How do you expect anyone to not patch it out in 5 seconds? Pinky swear?

I did not understand any of this.

Drixevel 03-09-2015 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdg (Post 2271758)
Sorry, I thought it was the right forum.

I did not understand any of this.

Sourcemods licensing is open source which means, if you give anybody the SMX (plugin file) file in the first place, you must also give them the SP (source code) file. If you add protection then the person can just remove that protection and recompile it so it works anywhere.

If you're giving out the SMX (plugin file) to people without the SP (source code) file paid or not, you're violating Sourcemods licensing which means, we will not be giving you help here.

Either way, seems arbitrary.

Brrdy 03-09-2015 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf (Post 2271762)
Sourcemods licensing is open source which means, if you give anybody the SMX (plugin file) file in the first place, you must also give them the SP (source code) file. If you add protection then the person can just remove that protection and recompile it so it works anywhere.

If you're giving out the SMX (plugin file) to people without the SP (source code) file paid or not, you're violating Sourcemods licensing which means, we will not be giving you help here.

Either way, seems arbitrary.

Oh I see what you are saying but I think he's thinking if someone like idk hacked his FTP or idk got the smx it would crash their server.
Is it allowed if I code the addition for him?

Sdg 03-09-2015 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brrdy (Post 2271763)
Oh I see what you are saying but I think he's thinking if someone like idk hacked his FTP or idk got the smx it would crash their server.
Is it allowed if I code the addition for him?

Exactly!