AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] Connection Method Viewer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=229731)

Dr. McKay 11-16-2013 14:47

Re: Re: [ANY] Connection Method Viewer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smffy (Post 2061473)
This sounds really interesting, I don't know if you're including it but knowing which maps cause players to leave would be very handy... Not sure if you would want to but could you make a topic on it to get some ideas? No worries if not, i'll be keeping an eye out for it!

Since a mapchange disconnects players, you can just check which maps have the shortest average connection time.

serpentine 11-16-2013 17:52

Re: [ANY] Connection Method Viewer

Very useful, thanks.

serpentine 11-17-2013 15:22

Is there a way to display the information via chat when a player connects? Like "player has connected via favorites list."

Pythong 11-18-2013 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smffy (Post 2061473)
This sounds really interesting, I don't know if you're including it but knowing which maps cause players to leave would be very handy... Not sure if you would want to but could you make a topic on it to get some ideas? No worries if not, i'll be keeping an eye out for it!

A topic on ideas could be really handy. But another thought would be your player conversion rate on a per server basis.

Player 1 Connects via Quickplay.
Then you see Player 1 now connects via History
Now you see Player 1 connects via Favorites.

Would get some interesting stats on quickplay players becoming returning players... Just some thoughts.

hINDUs 11-18-2013 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 2061661)
Since a mapchange disconnects players, you can just check which maps have the shortest average connection time.

it does not disconnect
status and A2S_INFO shows total connection time
plugin could internally track this, Source(mod) does not(?)

Powerlord 11-18-2013 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 2061661)

I don't see the * that mentions that map changes don't fire the player_disconnect and player_connect events, only their equivalent SourceMod forwards.

(Also, what hINDUs said)

Dr. McKay 11-18-2013 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 2062461)
I don't see the * that mentions that map changes don't fire the player_disconnect and player_connect events, only their equivalent SourceMod forwards.

That's not relevant since I'm not hooking those events.

machede 11-18-2013 15:20

Exceptional ... NO comment, Thanks.

Powerlord 11-19-2013 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 2062500)
That's not relevant since I'm not hooking those events.

It's not relevant... to this plugin, but people may take your statement at its face value (which was wrong). Especially since you're a plugin approver, because people tend to listen to people in positions of authority.

ocwoody 12-02-2013 20:57

Any eta when the MySQL version with web page will be finished?