AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   WeaponRewards (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=53993)

FlyingMongoose 04-15-2007 00:34

WeaponRewards

3 Attachment(s)
Over some time I have felt that the money given for a kill just wasn't quite "fair" if you will. By default you will always get $300 no matter what weapon you use, you don't get a benefit if you use this weapon over that. Well, I wrote this plugin to fix that. You are now able to set the amount of cash on a kill dependant on the weapon used. You can set each weapon to any value from 0-16000.

FAIR WARNING: This COMPLETELY removes the original value of a kill (-300), so if you set a weapon to 0, or remove a line, the player will be awarded NO money for killing with the specific weapon. However, I HIGHLY advise AGAINST removing lines from the weapon_rewards.txt file, if you want a weapon to be worth $0, just set it to 0. Also, while you may want to set the value for a weapon above 16000, the plugin will not allow for this and will automatically force a maximum of $16000. The engine does not support higher values well, and I highly advise against this.

You may wonder why my default configuration of the prices seem so close to the original. I based the modifiers on the default value of a kill ($300), multiplied by the psychostats modifier. So end result was 300 * modifier. If you want to know what they are, go download psychostats.

I have attached a packaged zip file, the sp, and the txt file (config). If you would like a version of this compiled against the LATEST version of SourceMod, PLEASE use the "Get Plugin" link.

The packaged zip was compiled against build 716, if you would like a compile against the LATEST version of SourceMod, PLEASE, utilize the "Get Plugin" link.

The packaged zip include the following
  • configuration file
    • addons/sourcemod/configs/weapon_rewards.txt
  • the source
    • addons/sourcemod/scripting/weaponrewards.sp
  • the compiled plugin
    • addons/sourcemod/plugins/weaponrewards.smx
INSTALLATION:
  • Using the package file
    • Extract the contents directly into your cstrike directory
  • Installing individual files
    • Click on Get Plugin below, put the resulting .smx into your addons/sourcemod/plugins/ directory.
    • Click on weapon_rewards.txt below, place this into the addons/sourcemod/configs/ directory.
CVARS:
  • sm_weaponrewards
    • Turns plugin on/off
    • Default Values: 0 or 1
CHANGELOG:
    • Fixed a bug where the plugin would try to handle "Player 0 index" and error.
    • Fixed a bug that would cause error logging and invalid stack calls sometimes causing crashes
    • Released
Thanks to Olly, sslice, BAILOPAN, and devicenull for helping out in this one.

Thank you to GameConnect for allowing me to test this on their servers.

PureSpider 04-15-2007 06:44

Re: [PLUGIN] WeaponRewards

Thanks to Olly, sslice, BAILOPAN, and sslice...
so sslice helped twice huh? :D

API 04-15-2007 13:49

Hah. Great job anyway :P

FlyingMongoose 04-15-2007 14:05

apparently he did :p but did you not notice the time that this was posted? I meant to put in devicenull.

Anyway, thanks :p

Olly 04-15-2007 14:35

Hopefully lots of servers will run this (and use it fairly, as intended) but it makes a good improvement on the plain $300 for a kill, nice work FM

FlyingMongoose 04-15-2007 14:47

Why valve didn't think of this instead of DWP I'll never know... And I don't care if admins "abuse" this honestly...it's why I made it, I know a crap load of admins don't really WANT to disable the awp...but at least they can make their kills with it worthless ;)....in fact...I'm going to expand upon this and change it's name....hehe...you can see where this is going ;).

SaintK 04-17-2007 18:56

I've installed the plugin, running like a charm!

Nice work!

FlyingMongoose 04-17-2007 23:04

Thank you for the kind words ;) I wouldn't mind knowing the common settings of some admins.

FlyingMongoose 04-18-2007 14:47

Updated plugin, see changelog on first post. Updated packaged zip file as well (using latest sourcemod build as of April 18, 2007)

FlyingMongoose 04-29-2007 02:58

Updated the plugin, see change log for changes (somewhat small/insignificant change). Basically prevention of a minor annoyance.