AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Anti-Micspam v0.5 (01/22) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=107086)

daleGEND 10-22-2009 14:30

Anti-Micspam v0.5 (01/22)

2 Attachment(s)
Anti-Micspam automates the process of detecting and punishing players who excessively playback prerecorded audio over in-game VOIP such as with HLSS or HLDJ. The detection technique is derived from an AMX Mod plugin but extends the basic functionality significantly.

Note: All credit for this plugin goes to the original creator FLOOR_MASTER. I only added a few new features.

Original Plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=633905

Configuration
  • sm_micspam_threshold default: 3
    • How long (in seconds) should I allow transmitting pre-recorded audio before punishment? For example, if you set this value to 0, any micspam will trigger punishment (as long as it's long enough to be caught by the plugin - half a second or so). Setting it higher allows players to play short sounds without punishment.
  • sm_micspam_immunity default: 0
    • What is the minimum immunity level to bypass being punished for micspamming?
  • sm_micspam_punishment default: 0
    • What should I do with micspammers? (0 = Mute, 1 = Kick, 2 = Ban)
  • sm_micspam_mutemsg default: "was muted due to excessive micspam."
    • Message to display to the server when a player is muted for micspam.
  • sm_micspam_kickmsg default: "You were kicked due to excessive micspam."
    • If sm_micspam_punishment is 1, this specifies the message to show to the kicked player.
  • sm_micspam_banmsg default: "Excessive Micspam Violation"
    • If sm_micspam_punishment is 2, this specifies the message to show to the banned player.
  • sm_micspam_bantime default: 5
    • How long should a player be banned for mic spam? (0 = Permanent Ban)
  • sm_sourceban_integration default: 0
    • Do you want to use SourceBan integration for banning process? (1 = Yes, 0 = No)
Version History
  • 2008-06-03 - v0.1
    • Initial release
  • 2008-06-03 - v0.2
    • Changed tracking method slightly
    • Added sm_micspam_mutemsg
  • 2008-06-11 - v0.3
    • Added ability to automatically ban as punishment
  • 2009-10-22 - v0.4
    • Added support for SourceBan banning
    • Added ability to auto-generate the cfg file.
  • 2010-01-22 - v0.5
    • Added proper cvar to track plugin usage.
    • Adjusted cfg file, must use the new one and delete old.
    • Adjusted mute message to show to entire server.
Installation
  • Copy micspam.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins
  • Copy sm_micspambg.cfg to cfg/sourcemod
Notes from Original Author: I have tested this with TF2 and it should work with all Source games, but I am not certain. If you select muting as a punishment and you want to unmute the player, you must first mute the player manually before unmuting the player. This is because basecomm maintains an internal "muted clients" list and thinks that the player Anti-Micspam muted is not actually muted.

daleGEND 10-23-2009 14:07

Re: Anti-Micspam v0.4 (10/22)

Could anyone let me know if it works or if you have issues. I would like to see if this worked out for anyone.

zerosin 10-27-2009 19:10

I've been looking to install a mod like this on our servers, will try it out on our prototype server and let you know how it works out.

Peace,
zero

Happy DODs player 10-28-2009 05:15

Howe does this detect just talking for 6 secs lets say ore the Spam ?

Becos when this works out great it sounds very good.

:mrgreen:

( update read the other thread and it is only for the Digital voice spam sounds good )

daleGEND 10-28-2009 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy DODs player (Post 974129)
Howe does this detect just talking for 6 secs lets say ore the Spam ?

Becos when this works out great it sounds very good.

:mrgreen:

( update read the other thread and it is only for the Digital voice spam sounds good )

Yea, unfortunately it doesn't fix people screaming on their mic with their own voice haha. But it does weed out those annoying sounds played by spammers through tools like HLSS.

ChIck3n115 11-01-2009 16:21

Wait, how does this work? Will it mute people that are just talking into the mic as well? How can it tell if it is a micspammer or just someone talking?

daleGEND 11-01-2009 16:29

No, this plugin will only ban users playing music or using a file to broadcast noise through the voice command. It does not work against users who utilize their mics normally. So you will still need to monitor users who scream on their mics, etc.

DarthNinja 11-02-2009 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by daleGEND (Post 978231)
No, this plugin will only ban users playing music or using a file to broadcast noise through the voice command. It does not work against users who utilize their mics normally. So you will still need to monitor users who scream on their mics, etc.

Hmmm.....
Plugin idea:
On connect, show a menu asking a players age, if under 18 ask "Do you have a mic", if true, kick. :mrgreen:

shustas 11-08-2009 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthNinja (Post 978688)
Hmmm.....
Plugin idea:
On connect, show a menu asking a players age, if under 18 ask "Do you have a mic", if true, kick. :mrgreen:

lol

shustas 11-09-2009 10:41

No errors so far. Why dont you extend this plugin and add normal voice antispam too?