AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Auto Demo Recorder (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=312451)

Rivotril 12-03-2018 22:40

Auto Demo Recorder

Hello, i need that this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=86607 record the demo on a separe file each time and only work for admins only, thankss

OciXCrom 12-04-2018 07:28

Re: Auto Demo Recorder

Separate file each time? Do you know what that will do to the players?

iceeedr 12-04-2018 10:10

Separating all demos will generate an unnecessary amount of HD usage on the players. I think it wiser if it's the case, sort it out by maps.

Rivotril 12-04-2018 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceeedr (Post 2626723)
Separating all demos will generate an unnecessary amount of HD usage on the players. I think it wiser if it's the case, sort it out by maps.

I own Only "Map" servers, separating by maps isn't useful for me, and it's not for all players, only the admins, the issue is that they almost never record a demo of bans, i understand the problem with the HD usage but the plugin in itself isn't useful if the previous recording gets deleted without a backup

iceeedr 12-04-2018 10:54

What's the point of having ADM's that you can not trust?

Mordekay 12-04-2018 10:55

Then i suggest you to install the plugin you linked, name the demos to something like your servers's name so they cannot be deleted by another server and once a player get's banned he cannot join your server anymore, thus not overwrite the demo. This makes the excuse "sorry, it is overwritten" useless and the player in case knows why he doesn't want to show it.

Never discuss with someone who tries to hide something, it is wasted time.

Rivotril 12-04-2018 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mordekay (Post 2626733)
Then i suggest you to install the plugin you linked, name the demos to something like your servers's name so they cannot be deleted by another server and once a player get's banned he cannot join your server anymore, thus not overwrite the demo. This makes the excuse "sorry, it is overwritten" useless and the player in case knows why he doesn't want to show it.

Never discuss with someone who tries to hide something, it is wasted time.

I'll be a bit useless honestly, having to depend on every user that gets banned on giving the demo, can't it be done as a limit of demos created (In the plugin) or check the amount of demos in the player directory, if he has more than 10 (Example), no new demo can be recorded.

Mordekay 12-04-2018 13:47

It is way more simple to simply ignore those who don't want to give you the demo in question.
I'm running servers since around 15 years, this is one of the first lessons I've learned.

Yes it would be possible to limit the amount of demos recorded for each person, but not that simple. You'd need to create a database or table where every user gets added to stored by STEAM_ID at best and add one each time he connects. But... what if the limit is reached, the player in question connects, no demo is recorded anymore and then he does something against your rules? You'd be without a demo of him. So it is way better to simply ONLY accept the last demo recorded, which is the one before the player got banned.

OciXCrom 12-05-2018 06:33

There are many different and simple ways you can create a limit. For example, you can put the current day in the demo name, e.g. "mydemo_friday.dem" so players will have max 7 demos in their hard drive. Or you can put the current hour, e.g. "mydemo_12.dem" which will produce 24 demos at max. Be creative about it.

Rivotril 12-05-2018 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2626851)
There are many different and simple ways you can create a limit. For example, you can put the current day in the demo name, e.g. "mydemo_friday.dem" so players will have max 7 demos in their hard drive. Or you can put the current hour, e.g. "mydemo_12.dem" which will produce 24 demos at max. Be creative about it.

Yeah, you can also add a number for each (i guess) like, mydemo_1 and everytime you try to create the demo you check if mydemo_1 allready exist create mydemo_2 and limit by cvar 10 demos max (i guess), i don't know how to do it anyways