AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Knife: Home Run Bat (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=245939)

Mario AR. 08-09-2014 04:42

Knife: Home Run Bat

2 Attachment(s)
Knife: Home Run Bat

Description
  • This plugin adds a new knife to the game: the Home Run Bat.
  • When you hit to a player with the Home Run Bat, he will fly like a ball going directly to the Home Run Zone. If you hit good enough to make the player fly more than <x> units (see CVARs), you'll get cheers; however, if you're not a good baseball batter, you'll be booed!

CVARs
  • homerunbat_strength <#> - The "strength" of the hits (Velocity multiplier). (Default: 2000)
  • homerunbat_height <#> - Custom height for the players hit by the Home Run Bat. Set to 0 to base the height on the aim. (Default: 1000)
  • homerunbat_min_distance <#> - If you hit someone with the Home Run Bat and get a distance lower than this num, you'll be booed. (Default: 200)
  • homerunbat_hr_distance <#> - Min distance that the hit player must fly to consider a home run. Get a distance higher than this num and you'll be cheered. (Default: 800)

Requirements
Credits
  • Backstabnoob - Main Knife API, suggestions.
  • Federicomb - Testing.
  • The creator of the model - Sadly, the page where I got it does not say his name.

Video

Backstabnoob 08-09-2014 06:39

Re: Knife: Home Run Bat

Cool, glad to see my Knife API getting some use. There's one thing though - how do you obtain the bat? o.O

Lokogaditano 08-09-2014 08:45

dont work for me, I compiled it with the last version of amx 1.8.3

I put homerunbat.amxx and knifeapi.amxx , in pause plugins are ON, but....only see the models of knifeapi and dont hit humans, only walls

NiHiLaNTh 08-09-2014 09:10

make an alternate attack - launch a baseball ball that stuns enemy upon hitting him in head (like in TF2).

zmd94 08-09-2014 11:37

So, cool. I'll try this. ;)

Jhob94 08-09-2014 12:16

I like Knife API and is good to see sub-plugins for it. But i think you should release 2 versions, one using the api and other without the api.

Backstabnoob 08-09-2014 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhob94 (Post 2181592)
I like Knife API and is good to see sub-plugins for it. But i think you should release 2 versions, one using the api and other without the api.

Do you have anything to back up that statement?

Jhob94 08-09-2014 14:05

I might want to use this knife without your knife api. Same for ban hammer. I am just saying that 2 versions would be nice so people can choose if want to use with the api or not.

Backstabnoob 08-09-2014 14:34

That doesn't explain why. Why? The knife API was designed to help developers accomplish what they want easier, not to make two versions of everything.

Mario AR. 08-09-2014 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backstabnoob (Post 2181418)
Cool, glad to see my Knife API getting some use. There's one thing though - how do you obtain the bat? o.O

If I were a modeler.. I would make a lot of knives, but sadly I'm not :cry:.
That thing.... I was thinking in make a shop for Knife API, where you can choose what knives will be on sale and the cost. But until that... editing the source :oops:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiHiLaNTh (Post 2181501)
make an alternate attack - launch a baseball ball that stuns enemy upon hitting him in head (like in TF2).

Interesting... :D
EDIT: Maybe for another plugin, it's not suitable for a knife.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhob94 (Post 2181636)
I might want to use this knife without your knife api. Same for ban hammer. I am just saying that 2 versions would be nice so people can choose if want to use with the api or not.

That makes absolutely no sense! Copy the same code in every knife?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lokogaditano (Post 2181490)
dont work for me, I compiled it with the last version of amx 1.8.3

I put homerunbat.amxx and knifeapi.amxx , in pause plugins are ON, but....only see the models of knifeapi and dont hit humans, only walls

You get logs in the console? May I enter to your server to check the problem and get a fix?