AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [ANY] Empty Server Map Change (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=165160)

ruifung 08-20-2011 01:30

[ANY] Empty Server Map Change

1 Attachment(s)
Empty Server Map Changer
This plugin is used to force a map change after X number of minutes.
I use it to prevent one of my admins from leaving my server on itemtest.

This plugin is not written by me, I found it floating around the internet and decided to share it with the people here. I have modified the original plug-in
to run a check before changing maps. (Originally it does not check before changing maps).

CVARS
sm_esmc_minutesmapchange 30 - Number of minutes after which an empty server will do a map change.
sm_esmc_defaultmapname pl_hoodoo_final - Name of the map which will be loaded on a triggered map change. (Provided sm_esmc_mapchangemode is set to default)
sm_esmc_mapchangemode default - Sets the map changing mode. Possible values: [default|nextmap|off].
Possible Values:
default - changes to the map stored in sm_esmc_defaultmapname
nextmap - change to the map stored in nextmap
off - disables changing maps.

Credits
Marco 'MacNetron' de Reus for the original plugin.
Peace-Maker and Powerlord for helping me with my mistakes.

Zbeer 08-20-2011 06:14

Re: [ANY] Empty Server Map Change

What is the difference from this?

ruifung 08-20-2011 07:45

Other then the fact in can either change to a specified map or read the nextmap (set by plugins like randomcycle). If I read the other thread correctly, it does not have the ability to read the nextmap.

Chronic1 08-29-2011 03:26

Any chance of making this compatible with the Force Mission Changer plugin? I cant use the nextmap.smx because I use FMC. I would really really like to have the server cycle through the maps every 10 minutes until people join, but because I use FMC I can only set it to change to 1 map.

Powerlord 08-29-2011 10:19

I see this has special logic to handle the SourceTV bot, but not the replay bot (or any other bots).

Also, is it sad that I don't remember why I'm being credited here? :O

Edit: Honestly, if it handled bots better, I'd probably put it on my server. It bugs me that the other plugin with this functionality requires you to specify the map for the server to load next.

Infomastr 09-07-2011 10:50

the cvars appear to be simply ignored by the plugin. i have server.cfg set defaultmapname and minutesmapchange to values other than hoodoo and 30 minutes. however, the plugin ignores this and simply goes to hoodoo after 30 minutes.

Code:

Executing dedicated server config file
[SM] Changed cvar "sm_esmc_minutesmapchange" to "10".
L 09/07/2011 - 10:43:10: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0>" changed cvar (cvar "sm_esmc_minutesmapchange") (value "10")
[SM] Changed cvar "sm_esmc_defaultmapname" to "cp_dustbowl".
L 09/07/2011 - 10:43:10: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0>" changed cvar (cvar "sm_esmc_defaultmapname") (value "cp_dustbowl")
[SM] Changed cvar "sm_esmc_mapchangemode" to "default".
L 09/07/2011 - 10:43:10: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0>" changed cvar (cvar "sm_esmc_mapchangemode") (value "default")
exec: couldn't exec pl_badwater.cfg
Loading mapconfig: general configfile (all.cfg).
Loading mapconfig: gametype configfile (pl.cfg).
Loading mapconfig: mapspecific configfile (pl_badwater.cfg).
[ESMC] No clients ingame and no clients connecting
[ESMC] Timer created, map change after 30 minutes, based on mode default, going to pl_hoodoo_final