AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Extensions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   [ANY] SteamWorks (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=229556)

MrDanne 01-15-2017 12:17

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2486465)
I wholeheartedly disagree this was your issue. Glad you're able to join everyone else who has this working, though.

Well, my key didn't work after SW started working... very strange.

KyleS 01-16-2017 09:22

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathknife (Post 2486702)
That's a shame. I need the method PATCH

https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2016-08/0111.html

I think you're out of luck man, that's the underlying library. There may be another way to get you mostly there, but it's tricky because it can introduce bugs and Valve doesn't use it.

Deathknife 01-16-2017 12:19

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2487010)
https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2016-08/0111.html

I think you're out of luck man, that's the underlying library. There may be another way to get you mostly there, but it's tricky because it can introduce bugs and Valve doesn't use it.

I'm willing to try anything. What way are you talking about & what kind of bugs? It can introduce bugs or it might not, or there's always a chance it will introduce bugs?

I know one way I could possibly get around this is by building a backend somewhere, and just use POST there, then from there just PATCH the data. But this isn't really an option considering it will be a public plugin.

asherkin 01-16-2017 12:50

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathknife (Post 2487093)
I know one way I could possibly get around this is by building a backend somewhere, and just use POST there, then from there just PATCH the data. But this isn't really an option considering it will be a public plugin.

Are you sure the API you're using doesn't already provide an alternative using only GET/POST? I've never seen one that absolutely requires the "exotic" HTTP methods.

Deathknife 01-16-2017 13:11

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2487104)
Are you sure the API you're using doesn't already provide an alternative using only GET/POST? I've never seen one that absolutely requires the "exotic" HTTP methods.

Yeah, https://discordapp.com/developers/do...l#edit-message the GET method gets it, DELETE deletes it and POST returns Method Not Allowed. PATCH is meant to edit it.

sneaK 01-18-2017 16:40

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Is there any way to find a client's time played time on a specific game with steamworks? I haven't found anything on it, just want to make sure I didn't miss something.

Deathknife 01-18-2017 17:23

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackhawk74 (Post 2487823)
Is there any way to find a client's time played time on a specific game with steamworks? I haven't found anything on it, just want to make sure I didn't miss something.

Don't think it has a direct function for it, but you could send HTTP request to steam api and get time from there. Although you won't be able to get players' who have private profile.

alcybery 02-09-2017 11:36

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackhawk74 (Post 2487823)
Is there any way to find a client's time played time on a specific game with steamworks? I haven't found anything on it, just want to make sure I didn't miss something.

I have a modified version of Connect Announce that works with steamworks, that can show players time played even with private profiles (tested only in L4D2). I can post .sp file if that would help.

sneaK 02-09-2017 13:44

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by alcybery (Post 2494123)
I have a modified version of Connect Announce that works with steamworks, that can show players time played even with private profiles (tested only in L4D2). I can post .sp file if that would help.

That'd be lovely!

alcybery 02-09-2017 16:13

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackhawk74 (Post 2494159)
That'd be lovely!

Attachment 160740


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:39.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.