AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceMod Anti-Cheat (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Download Removed? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=230923)

asherkin 12-26-2013 20:58

Re: download removed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyboye (Post 2076833)
Just so you know, you don't have to comply with the DMCA. It's more intimidation then anything else. He will not have the legal basis nor the legal power/money to take this to court. Second, his code was purely written in open source as distributed by sourcepawn scripting. If he wants to claim ownership, he can't use open source code. Any person can fork off his code and he can't do anything about it. If he wants to claim ownership of the plugin, he will have to convert it to closed source coding such as C ++. I would keep distributing this until either a DMCA has been served by official legal staff and/or a court order.

You clearly don't understand either the DMCA nor copyright law.

s.m.a.c head 12-27-2013 06:43

Happy Christmas to you Kigen :down:

Mister_Magotchi 12-27-2013 15:35

I feel bad I missed the hootenanny. I'm in disbelief he'd been stewing over this for so long.

SilentBr 01-13-2014 04:34

I remember the day when kigen got banned and started this mess that we can see now.

It's just so bad for the community itself, the server's ownors. Anyway...

I needed install updater.smx to update my smac plugins. Just a question, will the plugins get more updates while this mess or you guys are not allowed to do that?

Mister_Magotchi 01-13-2014 10:02

Whatever the situation with updates, it's likely AlliedModders won't be hosting or managing them.

psychonic 01-13-2014 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentBr (Post 2085247)
will the plugins get more updates while this mess or you guys are not allowed to do that?

Yes, and the latest version (and source) will always be available for download on the SourceMod Anti-Cheat website.

Chdata 01-16-2014 12:40

Is there still documentation on what each .smx does specifically? I forget where that information is located. It used to be on some obscure wiki or something, I forget.

SystematicMania 01-16-2014 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chdata (Post 2086808)
Is there still documentation on what each .smx does specifically? I forget where that information is located. It used to be on some obscure wiki or something, I forget.

It was hosted on the bitbucket repository which got shutdown.

A clone of the wiki is available here.

Make sure to view the files in a text editor which can properly display newlines without a carriage return (e.g., notepad++).

StayOx 01-22-2014 05:36

Definitely the SMAC is as important as the own SourceMod, so if you want to keep your server free of damn cheaters, hope everything is resolved, meanwhile i'll save a backup of the modules of SMAC here.... just hope the FBI does not come knock on my door!

m22b 01-30-2014 17:37

web site of smac is down :(