AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   HL1 Servers (HLDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   'connect' can no longer be executed for the clients. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=92785)

P4rD0nM3 05-19-2009 18:56

'connect' can no longer be executed for the clients.

Did you guys noticed? You can no longer execute 'connect' to users. Bye bye 300+ redirect servers. So it's pretty much the same as srcds now.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

It's going to say "Server tried to send invalid command: connect ____________________" now.

QualiTy 05-19-2009 19:09

Re: 'connect' can no longer be executed for the clients.

You mean xredirect doesn't work? :(

P4rD0nM3 05-19-2009 19:14

I believe so since it just uses the connect command. I have a ton of redirect servers and I was wondering why the heck my server load is at 30 instead of the usual 5 for redirect servers and it was because people were playing in them.

I also have xREDIRECT on my real servers and they all give me the same error now. I think it sucks for inter-server transfers but it gets rid of those stupid (Yes I do run those stupid servers too) redirect servers.

Vet 05-19-2009 23:25

Leave it to Valve to screw things up.

DarkGod 05-20-2009 01:18

xREDIRECT still works perfectly fine for me.
It doesn't seem to work for some other guys on the same server, though.

EDIT: No longer works. :/

Nextra 05-20-2009 05:24

xREDIRECT is as of today broken. Every updated client will block the command "connect" from being executed through the server console as it seems.

I've done a quick test, is it possible that query_client_cvar is broken aswell?

I hope this something that can be fixed by AMXx devs, otherwise goodbye xRED & Moles in WC3

Vet 05-20-2009 08:17

If you could upload a .cfg file to the client (I know you can't, I'm just saying 'if you could'), you could insert the 'connect' command in that file and perform an 'exec ???.cfg' command. Yu'd probably have to hack the amxmodx to get it to allow .cfg uploads.

Nextra 05-20-2009 08:42

Neglecting the fact that this is likely not possible - would a command as as exec xyz even work or is all that client executing now blocked?

DarkGod 05-20-2009 13:17

amx_exec name "say whatever" still works, anyway.

You can create a config file using the writecfg command (if that still works).

Vet 05-20-2009 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nextra (Post 831011)
Neglecting the fact that this is likely not possible - would a command as as exec xyz even work or is all that client executing now blocked?

Yes, it still works. Like I said, you can exec a cfg file with the connect command in it and it will redirect.