AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   SQL HELP (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=331818)

Top42 04-08-2021 19:40

SQL HELP

Hey im trying to open up a new tf2 community and right now I'm trying to add the store plugin and I'm having major trouble, I'm completely new to all of this but I figured out the SQL database stuff but when I put it into my database.cfg it runs this back in the store logs
2021-04-09 00:21:48 [store/store-backend.smx] ERROR | Connection to SQL database has failed, Reason: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I've tried to search it up and read up on SQL stuff but I cant wrap my head around it. I was wondering if I could get somebody to help me with this in like a discord call or something so I can explain fully or just discord DMS. I know this is a bit of a longshot but I'm stuck in a rut currently and trying to figure it out so some help would be greatly appreciated. My disc is Top#8779 if you want to get the full story.

oqyh 04-08-2021 23:03

Re: SQL HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top42 (Post 2743471)
Hey im trying to open up a new tf2 community and right now I'm trying to add the store plugin and I'm having major trouble, I'm completely new to all of this but I figured out the SQL database stuff but when I put it into my database.cfg it runs this back in the store logs
2021-04-09 00:21:48 [store/store-backend.smx] ERROR | Connection to SQL database has failed, Reason: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I've tried to search it up and read up on SQL stuff but I cant wrap my head around it. I was wondering if I could get somebody to help me with this in like a discord call or something so I can explain fully or just discord DMS. I know this is a bit of a longshot but I'm stuck in a rut currently and trying to figure it out so some help would be greatly appreciated. My disc is Top#8779 if you want to get the full story.

Try This

Go to
database.cfg

and change

Code:

"host"                                "localhost"

To

Code:

"host"                                "127.0.0.1"

yuv41 04-09-2021 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top42 (Post 2743471)

Well have you actually setup a MySQL Server for the plugin to use?

Top42 04-09-2021 07:19

That first part changing the local host didn't work and yes I'm pretty sure i have since it says its running in phpadmin.

Top42 04-09-2021 09:05

oqyh helped me with it it works very happy very good man tysm please come again :)))))