AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Accelerator - Take back control (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=146644)

asherkin 12-30-2010 09:03

Accelerator - Take back control

We've Moved!

Spoiler

xomp 12-30-2010 09:41

Re: Accelerator - Take back control.

I can attest to asherkins' pallyness and will be using this.

As always thanks man!

psychonic 12-30-2010 10:55

want

EHG 12-30-2010 12:04

You are credit to team :D

KyleS 12-31-2010 01:14

I'd be more than happy to install this. However, I have some questions.

1.) Is Valve cutout entirely? Couldn't this create some issues? I mean, they don't fix much as it is (if anything) with SRCDS and this would be far more productive. However, they did however get rather upset when people were using their 'special content' in TF2. I wouldn't think they would get worked up about circumventing their extremely poor implementation of breakpad. But then again, who saw them outright removing attachables before they did.

2.) Are Dumps created locally in the SRCDS directory? If so, are they still stripped?

3.) Will my server not restart until it's finished uploading the coredump? If so, is there any way around this? I'd rather run a Server plugin to outright disable breakpad and run a listener in the background. This way there's no risk of the port being saturated on Limetech and it takes minutes, or even hours to upload an 80mb coredump (just thinking in the grand scheme of things).

4.) How on earth do you come up with these awesome ideas?

I hope none of these questions were downright moronic D:

asherkin 12-31-2010 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle12 (Post 1382859)
1.) Is Valve cutout entirely? Couldn't this create some issues? I mean, they don't fix much as it is (if anything) with SRCDS and this would be far more productive. However, they did however get rather upset when people were using their 'special content' in TF2. I wouldn't think they would get worked up about circumventing their extremely poor implementation of breakpad. But then again, who saw them outright removing attachables before they did.

Yes, Valve are cutout entirely, I have semi-plans to automatically forward it to their system (since I store all the incoming info, this is easy) if there are no plugin's functions on the stack. In the end this'll be more useful overall, as Valve are known to ignore any crashes where plugins are involved, but purely SRCDS issues would still make it through.
Depending on bandwidth, may be able to forward all of them on, it's unfortunate this can't be done in-SRCDS though :P.

Quote:

2.) Are Dumps created locally in the SRCDS directory? If so, are they still stripped?

In Linux, they are saved to the host's tmp directory, yes they are stripped.

Quote:

3.) Will my server not restart until it's finished uploading the coredump? If so, is there any way around this? I'd rather run a Server plugin to outright disable breakpad and run a listener in the background. This way there's no risk of the port being saturated on Limetech and it takes minutes, or even hours to upload an 80mb coredump (just thinking in the grand scheme of things).

The minidumps are about 250KB, they are not traditional core dumps.

Quote:

4.) How on earth do you come up with these awesome ideas?

:3

Quote:

I hope none of these questions were downright moronic D:

Never. :P

asherkin 12-31-2010 13:38

Got a little rudimentary page up.
http://crash.limetech.org/
If you are watching the server console when it crashes, you can enter the ID that it printed into the form to see the stacktrace for that crash.

I will ask that you don't hammer the page, as it's all live data :P.

EDIT: As you can see, already getting a trend :).

FrozenHaxor 01-01-2011 13:03

Cool!

snelvuur 01-01-2011 14:32

Added our linux servers to the list, indeed its a part of good faith. In the end the benefit for us would be to have less crashing server too. They still crash too often to my likings.

p.s. i did send 20 bucks over for all the hard work, although i forgot to mention it was from me.. ;P)

beraIV 01-01-2011 20:55

drop the package

were i drop the package??? :| :oops: