AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   modCS (damage/speed mod for CSS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=39768)

L. Duke 03-06-2006 13:10

modCS (damage/speed mod for CSS)

Obsolete

modCS 0.5

Modifies damage done (by all weapons to all players) and how fast players run (all players).

See the readme for more info.

Download modCS 0.5

awuh0 03-06-2006 19:45

1 Attachment(s)
Finnaly!
*stops crying over nemod*

Can you add individual weapon controls soon, how about individual players?

Attached is an example of my modified weapons.cfg for nemod.

- Edit -
If you want the default one I can provide that as well.

sniper_strike 03-06-2006 23:17

nice so whats your next plugin

neiltoe 03-07-2006 01:25

How about a totally independant plugin entirely developed for weapon configs as "awuh0" has describe. Personally I dont want to mess with the damage a weapon inflicts just want unrealistic ammunition distribution ( I think thats what im reading this plugin does including run speed please correct me if I'm wrong). I run a "fun server" so the normal ammo clips are just no fun.

L. Duke 03-07-2006 10:50

This plugin is completely different from nemod. I haven't looked through fysh's code, but I believe he caught the weapon info as it was being loaded by the game and changed it. That means any change is applied to every weapon of that type (deagle, m4a1, etc.).

This plugin uses the basic sourcemm/sourcehook functionality to catch the game's requests to trace an attack on a player and modifies that and to catch the game's request to a weapon for the maximum run speed.

This method will allow me to apply different damage/speed modifiers for different players, but it will not allow me to change accuracy, ammo, etc.

Isn't there a cvar to change max ammo?

neiltoe 03-07-2006 12:34

Not the actual weapon clip only the secondary clip we are stuck using the steam default. If you would effort this it would be greatly appreciated.

FlyingMongoose 03-07-2006 14:45

"Punisher" on superhero mod for amxx had an "unlimited ammo" function, once 1 or 0 was hit on any weapon (I think) it inserted ammo into the clip so that the clip could never actually be empty.

I think.

awuh0 03-07-2006 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by L. Duke
This method will allow me to apply different damage/speed modifiers for different players, but it will not allow me to change accuracy, ammo, etc.

Eagerly waiting for the afformentioned functionality.

Con commands to speed and damage by player index/id?

And if its not to much trouble could you also include the ability to change damages / clips? It seemed as if he could change weapon properties at any point in the game by loading up a different settings file by offsets or some other means I do not know.

neiltoe 03-07-2006 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingmongoose
"Punisher" on superhero mod for amxx had an "unlimited ammo" function, once 1 or 0 was hit on any weapon (I think) it inserted ammo into the clip so that the clip could never actually be empty.

I think.

Thanks for the reply and I'll read into it. But (always a "but") I was hoping for a simplified plugin either purely stand alone or MM that handles only ammo. Actually a MM version would be the best becoz it would be toggled on/off if needed. I wouldnt want to use a "unlimited" ammo on a "V.I.P" map so being able to add a line like "unlimited_ammo off" on a map.cfg via Mani would be thr desired effect design. I sure wish I wasnt so confused with all the codes I would try to do it but all I would create is a guaranteed on/off switch for my server lol. Well I hope someone has the passion for this plugin like I do that is capable of making it. It would definitely be an asset to the community.

imported_supermj 04-14-2006 11:54

It seems that people that come in after the map starts sometimes are not affected by the new settings. They do normal damage and when you shoot them it is normal. I have to execute the settings over and over to prevent it. Any ideas?

FlyingMongoose 05-11-2006 11:34

2 things:
Download link is bad

and can you make it so this PREVENTS weapon damage?

kingpin 05-12-2006 08:59

1 Attachment(s)
attached is 1.2.0

FlyingMongoose 05-12-2006 10:12

thx :)

L. Duke 05-12-2006 10:38

The download link should be fixed.

FlyingMongoose 05-12-2006 20:54

It only applies to first person put in the server

Update: Only seems to work for some people sometimes now

B00N -.^ 12-03-2007 03:29

Re: ActionCS (damage/speed mod for CSS)

Is there a way, to use this Plugin for some kind of "Rage Mod" - if u kill an enemy, u get faster each kill ? ;)

L. Duke 12-03-2007 10:02

No, but anyone familiar with coding mms plugins could add that functionality fairly easily.

B00N -.^ 12-03-2007 11:47

I.R. a bored Webdesigner - i cant do this myself, but i try to learn more about it :) Maybe i should post that idea in the Suggestions Forum.

LocutusH 02-16-2008 02:25

Is this plugin still working on css?

L. Duke 02-18-2008 11:20

I don't believe that it is.

LocutusH 02-19-2008 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by L. Duke (Post 586748)
I don't believe that it is.

Are there any alternatives?

L. Duke 02-21-2008 18:08

I don't know of any, but there may be some sourcemod plugins or examples.

My laptop is getting repaired right now, but when it comes back I might be able to take a look at this and update it if there is any interest.

LocutusH 02-26-2008 02:40

I would try it :)

L. Duke 02-26-2008 10:35

OK, I'll try to get something up.

I have the damage modifiers working, just need to get the speed adjustments taken care of.

LocutusH 02-26-2008 10:46

Well what i want, is a global multiplier for all damage. For example raise everything by 10%. Speed and other things are not that important :)

Greyscale 02-28-2008 18:39

Quote:

and increase player run speed to 320.
Can you show me the source code of how to do this?
I have been trying to find a way to change run speed without simply changing the flLaggedMovement offset.

L. Duke 02-29-2008 10:38

I hook GetMaxSpeed on weapons to change the speeed. It's more complicated, but has a completely different feel than the lagged movement method. I used both in my AWE plugin, one as a speed modifier and the lagged movement as "adrenaline." They had a completely different feel.

The hardest part is keeping track of all the weapons. At first I was hooking them whenever a player picked one up and unhooking it when it was dropped, but I found that it was easier to sigscan for AddListenerEntity and create an entity listener. Now I hook weapons as they are created and unhook them as they are deleted.

Some example code is here. If you are comfortable scanning for functions I can give you the function signatures you need for adding an entity listener. Otherwise it might be easier to hook the player's weapon pickup and drop functions (if you do it that way, keep track of what's hooked and unhooked so you can unhook the weapons at endround that are left because some weapons won't call the player's drop function.

LocutusH 02-29-2008 14:52

Some news about the plugin itself? :)

L. Duke 02-29-2008 16:36

I have a replacement created for this plugin. I can post the Windows version if you want. Linux will take me a bit (it's not hard but I have to setup VMWare player, update my dedicated test server, etc. since this computer has been wiped since I last compiled a plugin for release on Linux).

L. Duke 02-29-2008 17:57

Re: modCS (damage/speed mod for CSS)

An update is posted in the first post of the thread (for both Windows and Linux).

Or download modCS 0.5 here.

LocutusH 03-01-2008 01:07

Thx, will test it on linux today :)

LocutusH 03-01-2008 02:46

Do i need
mc_mode "all"
to
mc_mode "damage"
if i want to use only the damage modifier?

LocutusH 03-01-2008 03:17

L 03/01/2008 - 09:14:50: [MODCS] 0 entity hooks in touch callback record
L 03/01/2008 - 09:14:52: [MODCS] event '¤˛Ľ±' received
L 03/01/2008 - 09:14:52: [MODCS] printing modifiers to chat

Is this supposed to look like this? Especially, whats the character string in the second line?

And can we have the "printing modifiers to chat" turned off? I dont want the plugin to print anything to the public.

Thx.

L. Duke 03-01-2008 12:24

I suppose it could be turned off. I like to notify people somehow that things like that are being modified, partially to mollify Valve and partially because I think people should know the game is being modified.

Quote:

We are more concerned with giving people consistent gameplay rather than
any specific cheat problem. You would be amazed at the number of people
that get confused (i.e email us complaining) when joining a HL1 based
server with some of the noisier mods (I am looking at the warcraft3
superhero mod here...).

- Alfred

I will see about adding an option for the server admin to choose though, because they should always be given more choice.

LocutusH 03-01-2008 12:43

Thanks, thats all i was asking you for :)
A possibility to choice between messaging or not.

Greyscale 03-01-2008 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by L. Duke (Post 591211)
I hook GetMaxSpeed on weapons to change the speeed. It's more complicated, but has a completely different feel than the lagged movement method. ...

Oh wow, that's a lot of work to accomplish a seemingly simple task.

I had a feeling the weapons were controlling the player's speed, because when I tried changing the maxspeed offset on the player it was reverted back to what it was before I changed it. I also noticed that the number varied with different weapons.

I'm trying to code something like this using SourcePawn, I'll give it a shot. Not sure if it has the power yet to do this though :/

Thanks for the information! :)

L. Duke 03-01-2008 21:54

I think HL2DM and similar mods use a speed based on the player data, but CSS has moved the speed info into the weapon code.

:(

LocutusH 03-03-2008 03:26

Status? :)
And some questions:
Is there a way to alter kevlar+helmet's damage modifier?
Is it possible to modify weapons recoil?

L. Duke 03-03-2008 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by LocutusH (Post 592406)
Status? :)

I haven't had time to work on it, but a cvar won't take long when I do.

Quote:

And some questions:
Is there a way to alter kevlar+helmet's damage modifier?

I'm not sure when the modifier gets applied, but I can take a look.

Quote:

Is it possible to modify weapons recoil?

I modified the weapon data for things like clip size, but I could not figure out any settings for the recoil parameters that made a difference. I think perhaps the recoil was changing, but there was no way to tell by looking at it because the server side stuff doesn't affect the client-side prediction code.

LocutusH 03-08-2008 02:12

Does this plugin affect the hitreg also?
I mean, it hooks data if someone is hit, and this may cause calculation problems, or not?