AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Recent CS:GO "GSLT" bans and SourceMod (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=279854)

psychonic 03-02-2016 19:29

Recent CS:GO "GSLT" bans and SourceMod

Most Counter-Strike: Global Offensive server operators are aware of Valve's relatively new server "guidelines" that have been posted on the CS:GO website, http://blog.counter-strike.net/index...er_guidelines/. However, there are still some users that are finding themselves having their accounts' Game Server Login Tokens banned without understanding why.

To try to help avoid users unintentionally triggering the rule-breaking detection in CS:GO, we have added a new opt-out feature that will block plugin behavior that we know to be triggering this. We probably haven't caught everything, and detection can change in future game updates, but we feel that this is a good place to start. It's also possible for plugins to bypass this intentionally or otherwise, but it covers the most common cases and we do plan to make it more robust with future revisions. This feature, controllable by the new "FollowCSGOServerGuidelines" option in SourceMod's core.cfg file (default "yes") is available in SourceMod builds 1.7.3.5301, 1.8.0.5868 and later. If you really desire to put your account in jeopardy, you can also disable it right in the cfg file with minimal hassle. None of the logic is active for games other than CS:GO.

With the "FollowCSGOServerGuidelines" option enabled, when a plugin attempts to use functionality that we know to be red-flagged, an error will be thrown. As with any native errors thrown in SourceMod, execution of the function will be halted and an error recorded to console and the error log. The error will give details on what specifically was done to trigger it.

Franc1sco 03-02-2016 20:06

Re: Recent CS:GO "GSLT" bans and SourceMod

This will be very useful for know what is banned exactly.

So "m_nModelIndex" will not trigger the ban? Then if I remove this code of my plugin for custom models will be safe?

hlstriker 03-02-2016 21:08

Thank you for this, psychonic :>

Hallucinogenic Troll 03-02-2016 22:06

So currently all the plugins which are red-flagged are the ones listed below?
  • The Custom Weapon Paints (Known as !ws)
  • The Knife Upgrade Plugin (Or similars, knowns as !knife)
  • The Matchmaking/Badges/Profile Ranks (Known as !mm, !coin, !profile)
  • (Maybe) The Custom Weapon Models Menu (known as !cw)
  • (Maybe) The Custom Knife Models Menu (known as !ck)
  • (Maybe) The Zephyrus Store IF CONTAINS the custom knife module

EDIT: If I missed some plugin which interferes with Valve's Server Guidelines, let me know and I will edit this once again.

lay295 03-03-2016 03:34

Just curious, did you check to see if changing m_iItemDefinitionIndex by itself triggers a ban? I still use it very frequently and haven't been caught in the most recent ban waves...

Dragonidas 03-03-2016 06:54

nice :)

psychonic 03-03-2016 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by lay295 (Post 2398876)
Just curious, did you check to see if changing m_iItemDefinitionIndex by itself triggers a ban? I still use it very frequently and haven't been caught in the most recent ban waves...

Can you give me a small plugin that demonstrates a use case for this to test with?

KnoXviLLe 03-03-2016 11:56

I found bypass GSLT ban.Now GG Valve :)

lay295 03-03-2016 16:16

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2398923)
Can you give me a small plugin that demonstrates a use case for this to test with?

Sure, here's what I use it for. the command is !deagle and it spawns a deagle with it's Item Definition to be the same as the AWP.

psychonic 03-03-2016 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lay295 (Post 2399025)
Sure, here's what I use it for. the command is !deagle and it spawns a deagle with it's Item Definition to be the same as the AWP.

A brief test suggests that this is indeed okay, at least for using the defindex of a stock weapon. I will conduct more testing when time permits.

ImACow 03-03-2016 20:09

Thanks for this!

Core.tCM 03-04-2016 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2399041)
A brief test suggests that this is indeed okay, at least for using the defindex of a stock weapon. I will conduct more testing when time permits.

I guess using index 500 - 516 (the knives) will trigger a ban (and even if they don't, I would block everything above 64, since then the knife/other cosmetic ids begin like coins and stuff).

splewis 03-04-2016 20:15

This was much needed. Thanks for the work investigating the bancauses and safeguards put in here.

TheWho 03-05-2016 03:58

As I told I did use until 2 weeks ago this:
Quote:

SetEntProp(weapon, Prop_Send, "m_iItemIDLow", 0);
SetEntProp(weapon, Prop_Send, "m_iItemIDHigh", 0);
But removed it and use arrays now instead.

poel 03-07-2016 05:31

Hi,

Can we use this plugin or not ?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=233685

Thks for help !

samsah 03-07-2016 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by poel (Post 2400254)
Hi,

Can we use this plugin or not ?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=233685

Thks for help !

We've been using it months now and no bans. Though I applied newest SM to block possible triggers.

poel 03-07-2016 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsah (Post 2400279)
We've been using it months now and no bans. Though I applied newest SM to block possible triggers.

Well, im using it, but, author is banned by valve, and some people are warning with latest sm. Maybe some stuff are not legal anymore ?

So, I don't know if I have to use it or not anymore ^^"

zipcore 03-07-2016 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franc1sco (Post 2398813)

So "m_nModelIndex" will not trigger the ban? Then if I remove this code of my plugin for custom models will be safe?

When you bypass the detection method it's still against their ToS, which will just result in an advanced detection.

folycs 03-07-2016 11:20

Valve is shitting in communities

asdfxD 03-07-2016 11:24

see it coming, some plugin devs try to bypass their detection method and valve ban sm completely soon. RIP

KissLick 03-07-2016 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franc1sco (Post 2398813)

Francisco, you did enough. Please, do not try to bypass GSLT...

Franc1sco 03-07-2016 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KissLick (Post 2400422)
Francisco, you did enough. Please, do not try to bypass GSLT...

Too late. Sorry (?)

Mitchell 03-07-2016 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franc1sco (Post 2400440)
Too late. Sorry (?)

Not really a bypass if the code would have worked without those lines.
(without looking at the code) you could just make parent a prop to the client's predicted viewmodel.

BReeZ 03-14-2016 06:16

Dear programmers/developers, etc..

If you further develop your plugins to go against the GSLT bans, then please do not share without a proper warning. This just feels like cheat providers. They push new tweaks to their code, valve patches them, the developers tweaks it again.

The plugins are banned by Valve for a reason, and even if their reasons are fair or not, we should not risk any more server owners to lose their servers and status.

Please don't make this into a in-game cheat just for server operators.

In the end, it will affect the entire community, and also you as a developer.

bakugo 03-14-2016 11:44

I updated sourcemod today and found a problem with this option: even with "FollowCSGOServerGuidelines" set to "no", sourcemod still blocks giving disallowed items (weapon_knife_*). Skin netprops work fine with it disabled so I assume this is indeed a bug.

ffriozi 03-16-2016 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franc1sco (Post 2400440)
Too late. Sorry (?)

Keep up the good work. this is why we are here. to share knowledge.

i'm codder too and if the valve launch an patch for this i will update it and share everywhere.

Thanks Francisco.

zipcore 03-17-2016 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffriozi (Post 2403040)
Keep up the good work. this is why we are here. to share knowledge.

i'm codder too and if the valve launch an patch for this i will update it and share everywhere.

Thanks Francisco.

yep you both are codders

xlenonz 03-18-2016 06:24

FollowCSGOServerGuidelines yes still got banned :( :nono: :oops: :down:

psychonic 03-18-2016 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlenonz (Post 2403511)
FollowCSGOServerGuidelines yes still got banned :( :nono: :oops: :down:

The option did not exist until in between the last two ban waves. The ban could be from before that, just delayed.

Also, consider that server reports can also contribute to bans, even if you're not otherwise running anything that would trigger an auto-ban.

Chdata 03-19-2016 06:42

Whew I'm glad I don't play p2p games like CS:GO.

ffriozi 03-21-2016 12:50

i did an temp fix for knifes and weapon_skins if the author autorize me i will share.

Franc1sco 03-21-2016 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffriozi (Post 2404507)
i did an temp fix for knifes and weapon_skins if the author autorize me i will share.

You mean the author of knifes and weapon paints? so you are referring to me? Yeah, for my side you are welcome to share it if you want xD

ffriozi 03-27-2016 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franc1sco (Post 2404542)
You mean the author of knifes and weapon paints? so you are referring to me? Yeah, for my side you are welcome to share it if you want xD

Working version: http://pastebin.com/CDcuYg3u

asdfxD 03-27-2016 18:51

nice you post src, soon valve fix this. :D

ffriozi 03-29-2016 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfxD (Post 2406275)
nice you post src, soon valve fix this. :D

no problem everything can be made.

asdfxD 03-30-2016 14:56

there are new player models for csgo. cs online 2 player models... are they allowed or not?

http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/s...6827b1fde5.jpg

Darkness_ 03-30-2016 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfxD (Post 2406892)
there are new player models for csgo. cs online 2 player models... are they allowed or not?

http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/s...6827b1fde5.jpg

Player models have no restrictions.

StrikerMan780 04-11-2016 18:20

Valve has gone to complete shit in the last couple of years. Lost all respect for them, and I have no reason to respect them, given how they have no care or respect for the communities of people that have helped them reach where they are now. They used to love modders, now they hate them, and they discredit people's agency to avoid bad operators and servers, and instead opt to punish/autoban everyone who use features of the engine to make sweet mods that can enrich the game and community(ies).

Not to mention... Their engine and SDK is a broken, horribly programmed piece of trash these days, it isn't properly maintained (heck, you can't even compile it in the latest Visual Studio), new mods/games based on the SDK inherit it's bugs/brokenness, and there's a gap between Valve and the community; they do not listen to bug reports, they do not listen to budding developers and modders, they don't give a shit that some peoples' livelihoods depend on having something functional to work with either.

They don't give a shit that a product that people paid for (and is still for sale) is completely broken and unplayable without 3rd party mods or tools (see: HL2DM; SourceMod is a must to fix many game-breaking bugs). Neither do they give a shit that their own dedicated server software (SRCDS) is about as unstable as Charles Manson on some platforms.*

* Certain forms of physics objects (like vehicles) crash Linux servers last time I checked, any physics objects landing in certain trigger brushes will crash it on both platforms (had this happen recently), half of the entity types crash HL2DM both server and client consistently on Linux and Windows, a large portion of HL2DM's community maps crash the game nowadays, I haven't been able to run a TF2 MvM server for more than 30 minutes without it dying horrifically, even with stock content on Windows (went on for over a year, thus I gave up even trying)... and most recently, TF2 servers seems to crash when players simply spawn now. There's still many more crashes, bugs, and miscellaneous issues I haven't even mentioned here.

All of this stuff has been brought to light to them by more than a few people, they acknowledge the problem, but they just don't care. They never will. They ignore everyone, or raise the figurative middle finger and move on. They are too fat and happy, and have gained the conceited "too big to fall" attitude that many companies fall victim to.

Nolongerinthegame 04-28-2016 13:20

So are Valve doing anything to servers who blatently disregard the rules? The ones running weapon skins and knife mod still. Some of them very popular, which is not surprising because other servers are not using it, and the casual players flock to the few which have it.

psychonic 05-02-2016 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelioneil (Post 2414959)
So are Valve doing anything to servers who blatently disregard the rules? The ones running weapon skins and knife mod still. Some of them very popular, which is not surprising because other servers are not using it, and the casual players flock to the few which have it.

They are banning them.