AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TF2 Firemines (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=71404)

[NATO]Hunter 05-15-2008 15:45

TF2 Firemines

2 Attachment(s)
Description

This plugin allows pyros to drop Firemines on death or with secondary Flamethrower fire. You can choose between 3 modes, the first one will only make Pyros drop a Firemine on death. The second mode will allow pyros to use their Flamethrower to drop Firemines using the Reload-button (previously alternate-fire) and pay for them with gas. And the last mode brings the first and second mode together.

The plugin is another appendix to my TF2 Medipacks and TF2 Ammopacks plugins.

Thanks to [gh]ferret who helped me a lot getting this thing done. Another thanks goes to GreyScale who pointed me into the right direction about how to find the current weapon. And the last thanks goes to GODJonez for helping me with the vector stuff and pointing me into the right directions, too. (Inherited credits from Medipacks/Ammopacks plugin.) I hope you enjoy this plugin!

ConVars

sm_firemines 2 - Enable/Disable firemines (0 = disabled | 1 = on death | 2 = on command | 3 = on death and command)
sm_firemines_ammo 100 - Ammo required for Firemines
sm_firemines_type 1 - Explosion type of Firemines (0 = normal explosion | 1 = fire explosion)
sm_firemines_damage 80 - Explosion damage of Firemines
sm_firemines_radius 150 - Explosion radius of Firemines
sm_firemines_keep 180 - Time to keep Firemines on map. (0 = off | >0 = seconds)
sm_firemines_stay 1 - Firemines stay if the owner dies. (0 = no | 1 = yes)

Installation

Put firemines.smx in addons\sourcemod\plugins\
Put firemines.phrases.txt in addons\sourcemod\translations\

Changelog

Version 1.1.9 - 29.12.2008
- Cleanup release.
- The player messages are now send once, thanks Antithasys.
- The fire explosion is now disabled until this bug is fixed.

Version 1.1.0 - 03.08.2008

- Added new variable: sm_firemines_stay 1 - Firemines stay if the owner dies. (0 = no | 1 = yes)
- Config file is now written: cfg/plugin.firemines.cfg
- Fixed: Errors related to GetEntityNetClass

Version 1.0.2 - 02.08.2008
- Added Cooltad's idea: Firemines are now placed with RELOAD!

Version 1.0.1 - 25.06.2008
- Added new variable: sm_firemines_type 1 - Explosion type of Firemines (0 = normal explosion | 1 = fire explosion)
- As you can see above: Mines can now set players on fire.
- Hopefully fixed kill assignment.

Version 1.0.0 - 15.05.2008

- Initial release.

Have Fun!

Alternative Version

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...614#post783614

sirmoe 05-15-2008 17:38

Re: TF2 Firemines

Looks great, ill try this out tonight :D

OziOn 05-15-2008 19:07

Hmmm. There doesn't seem to be much fire about these so called firemines. They're just mines that reduces the health of the person who walks over them as specified by sm_firemines_damage. No explosion or fire :(
And should a mine kill a player, the person who spawned the mine won't even get points for the kill :(

r3dh3adkid 05-15-2008 23:47

Simply amazing.

Added to my server and everything seems to be working great!

A few suggestions/questions

-Any way to get the mines to work with friendly fire? aka teammates dont take dmg from your mines and you cant blow yourself up with them
-a nice tweek would be where the mines do less dmg but light the target on fire, maybe a cvar to swap between the way u have it now and this way?

I played with these for probably two hours tonight. I LOVE THEM!

[NATO]Hunter 05-16-2008 00:59

Yeah, I am working on some kind of effect on the player.

OziOn, you can't see the explosion yourself. Just other players see it, because you are on top of the explosion. (Limit inside the engine.)

For some reason TF2 ignores the "lastAttacker" value and overwrites it with the player who triggered the mine. I will try to fix that.

teddyruxpin 05-16-2008 01:15

I am curious is it possible instead of using the lamp model could you change this to make a random buildable? IE a dispenser, SG or tele. Would be great to drop those and have an enemy engie walk up to repair it and BOOM!

-Teddy

r3dh3adkid 05-16-2008 01:25

I noticed in the console that whenever someone dies to the mines they get a death by prop_physics, any way to impliment that in the person getting the kill?

[NATO]Hunter 05-16-2008 01:25

Hm, I don't realy like that idea. The engineers will just start shooting all buildables. I am still searching for another small "mine"-like model that can't be seen easily.

rhinokio 05-16-2008 11:57

I am a game artist.. offering to help out on plugs i like.. i can possibly make a custom tf2 styled pryo mine for this script if you can make some adjustments

fire catches players on fire just like flamethrowerr. intensity of the fire to how close they were when it was triggered.

shooting it with any firearm explodes it. players on the team of the pyro who set it can not be killed by it.. the pyro can.

thinkin for a model a can of gass with a burning rag sticking out the top..

[NATO]Hunter 05-16-2008 15:04

I am already working on those changes, most of that is working. I am just having trouble with the real burn effect at the moment, because it's a particle effect and not the same as the old "Ignite".

I will try to figure that out. It would be really cool, if you could create a model for this, but that would be optional, as I prefer standard models.