AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2] No Witch Hunting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=110617)

Mr. Zero 12-01-2009 05:08

[L4D2] No Witch Hunting

1 Attachment(s)
No Witch Hunting

About:
The Witch.
What more is she than a common road block?

It is really a sob story. She need some fear put back into her. Even through in L4D2 she now can wander, it doesnt really help her. So, I set out to find somehow to make her feared again or at least make the survivor regret missing crown / strafe bullet hitting her.

This will make the survivors go black and white if they got incaped her or get instant killed!
Description:
An attempt to put some fear back into the witch, survivors can go black and white upon incap or be instant killed by the witch
Known Problems / Things to Notice:
  • This is active on all gamemodes. May I recommend Game Mode Config Loader to disable this plugin in coop/survival and what not.

Simply change l4d_nwh_incapaction to 0 upon coop and l4d_nwh_incapaction to 1/2 upon versus.

Cvars:
A configuration file will be automatically created for you upon first run, in /cfg/sourcemod/ called NoWitchHunting.cfg
Code:

// What action to take upon witch incapping a survivor. 0 - Disable plugin, 1 - Survivor becomes black and white, 2 - Instant kill the survivor
// -
// Default: "1"
l4d_nwh_incapaction "1"

Changelog:
Code:

Version 0.9
Initial release

Mr. Zero 12-01-2009 05:10

Re: [L4D] No Witch Hunting

This was actually going to be included in Ghost Tank, but I rather not bloat Ghost Tank with too many features and some people might not need to buff the witch.

So, here is a separate plugin, for people needed to boost the witch a bit.
Small script, shouldn't include to many bugs...

Go instant kill :3

PeterFreimann 12-29-2009 04:39

Re: [L4D2] No Witch Hunting

Nice plugin. I like it thanks :D They are starting to name themselfs witchlover, so i think the time for this plugin is right to make them scare again ^^

Nano_Cell 02-17-2010 11:22

I must say the ability to make them come out B&W is nice although for people wanting witches to instant kill people then using z_witch_always_kills 1 in your server.cfg seems to be a bit easier and means less to run on the server, it even tells you at the start on the screen it's active :)

But I suppose having it as a plug-in does mean it can be disabled with the mentioned Game Mode Config Loader ^^

marrydavidson101 04-10-2010 02:31

From the fifteenth to the eighteenth the centuries, many Europeans developed a heightened concern with the phenomenon of witchcraft, seeing a new sect hostile to humanity. Thus, governments and society organized "hunts" for these alleged witches: accusing, torturing, and executing thousands of people. The intensity and viciousness of these hunts varied from place to place, as did their focus on particular targets, such as women. Finally, a changed world-view, informed by the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment, brought an end to these hunts for threats that did not empirically exist.

ne0cha0s 04-10-2010 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by marrydavidson101 (Post 1145544)
From the fifteenth to the eighteenth the centuries, many Europeans developed a heightened concern with the phenomenon of witchcraft, seeing a new sect hostile to humanity. Thus, governments and society organized "hunts" for these alleged witches: accusing, torturing, and executing thousands of people. The intensity and viciousness of these hunts varied from place to place, as did their focus on particular targets, such as women. Finally, a changed world-view, informed by the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment, brought an end to these hunts for threats that did not empirically exist.

umm... wtf?

Acextreme 04-12-2010 02:03

Hi, I don't think this work in confogl. Is there a way to make it work in the lastest 2.10 beta of confogl?

P.S. Are you the same Mr Zero who is part of the confogl project team?

ellis 04-12-2010 10:34

Yes, he is.
You can it integrated in your confogl.cfg
add a line with

sm plugins load NoWitchHunting 0.90.smx

in your cfg and put the .smx file in your "sourcemod\plugins" folder

lukeryy12 11-02-2012 12:25

Now in my server, People know there is a witch coming and they are like
Idiot1 : Hey, Lets go kill that witch easy
Idiot2 : Yeah good idea for some points on the buy menu
Me : I don't think that's a good idea.
Idiot1 : Yeah right, Witches are just easy kill zombies
Me : Ok, Suit yourself
Idiot1 : WTF WHY DID I INSTANTLY DIE!!!

BloodyBlade 08-19-2019 07:24

1 Attachment(s)
Converted plugin source to the latest syntax. Requires SourceMod 1.8 or newer.