AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Smoke IT! (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=103994)

olj 09-18-2009 13:16

[L4D] Smoke IT!

1 Attachment(s)
Allows smokers to move while smoking, possibly dragging victim even further away or even around corner or off the roof. Take a note - you will release victim if something will block tongue (like corner of wall or something EDIT: Not really true, happens sometimes though) or if you go away too far (controlled by cvar now) or if you fall (even from 1 inch).
Config

l4d_smokeit.cfg will be created in cfg/sourcemod folder

CVARS

Version Cvar : l4d_smokeit_version
l4d_smokeit_speed (Default 0.42) Smoker's speed modifier. Dont set too high or you can hardly control your smoker with high speed. Lower default value if you feel its unbalanced.
l4d_smokeit_tongue_stretch (Default 950) Smoker's max tongue stretch (tongue will be released if beyond this)

Credits

Everyone on the alliedmods.net.
Valve for great game.

Things to do

Fix problem, when smoker smokes someone and gets tank at that time. (really easy to fix, but hell, I'm lazy )

Changelog
18.09.2009 / initial release
19.09.2009 / New CVAR added, see cvars list.
21.09.2009 / Added CVAR to control tongue max stretch

Downloads history
1.1 version - 132 Views

ENJOY :mrgreen:

Frus 09-18-2009 13:22

Re: [L4D] Smoke IT!

Sounds fun, I remember fooling around with smoker running around with a victim when there was the hybrid infected bug, it was very entertaining.

LTR.2 09-18-2009 14:26

OMG

question: infected bots do that too?

olj 09-18-2009 16:12

Umm, they can - but im afraid they dont have AI scripts which will tell them to move...so, no, i think they will never guess to do it.

Anyway i just played 10vs10 versus with this and this was really fun.

Need to do some balance stuff though - add tongue range limiter and cvar for smokers speed while he dragging someone.

AtomicStryker 09-18-2009 16:31

Suggestions:

Dont paste #define CVAR_FLAGS into it if youre not gonna use them :wink:

Add the voluntary release CVAR to be enabled by this plugin.

Im curious as to how this works ingame. So you set the Smokers MOVETYPE to the ghost kind and half speed. Does this mean he accelerates like in ghost state (only half speed)? And what about the victim, does he get a speed boost too or gets dragged to you with constant velocity? Can you 'run off' with someone? What happens when the victim reaches you?

LTR.2 09-18-2009 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by olj (Post 936984)
Umm, they can - but im afraid they dont have AI scripts which will tell them to move...so, no, i think they will never guess to do it.

Anyway i just played 10vs10 versus with this and this was really fun.

Need to do some balance stuff though - add tongue range limiter and cvar for smokers speed while he dragging someone.

then this is irrelevant on coop, no problem =D

downloading.

i am sure it's really cool

olj 09-18-2009 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicStryker (Post 936997)
Suggestions:

Dont paste #define CVAR_FLAGS into it if youre not gonna use them :wink:

Add the voluntary release CVAR to be enabled by this plugin.

Im curious as to how this works ingame. So you set the Smokers MOVETYPE to the ghost kind and half speed. Does this mean he accelerates like in ghost state (only half speed)? And what about the victim, does he get a speed boost too or gets dragged to you with constant velocity? Can you 'run off' with someone? What happens when the victim reaches you?

I cut down run speed so he wont run like mad...victim will be dragged with you, im not sure with what speed, i think it depends on cvar settings (the one which describes how fast the dragged survivors accelerating - then, once they got close to you and you started hitting them, i suppose the speed is constantly equal to yours or something like that. But thats only suggestion.

When victim reaches you, you start hitting it. Thats all, you still can run and drag victim with you after that. Plugin was maden in hurry so CVAR_FLAGS not a big deal, and i will use it for smoker speed cvar eventually.

Dont ask why you can run on one end of map while your tongue still attached to survivor on other end. Its Valve's mechanics, and i will add workaround to this tomorrow. You should test it yourself to see how it works.

olj 09-18-2009 19:22

Also Voluntary release should be enabled/disabled by server admins, i wont enforce it with plugin (why should I?). Updated version btw, added speed cvar.

Zul Rivers 09-19-2009 05:36

This is awesome! Love this plugin.

Skorpion1976 09-19-2009 09:41

awesome, AWESOME, A.W.E.S.O.M.E ! This turns the "oh my god, a buddy got pulled, I gotta help em" into a "here kitty kitty, try to catch me" :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: