AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Extensions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   PostgreSQL Database Interface (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=236415)

Peace-Maker 11-02-2016 23:03

Re: PostgreSQL Database Interface

Looks like another bug. I've updated the package for that. Patches getting added to the PR.
Keep the reports coming :)

SovRedBit 06-11-2017 15:48

Can you please add port to database.cfg, because i want to use my custom port not 5432

asherkin 06-11-2017 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SovRedBit (Post 2527929)
Can you please add port to database.cfg, because i want to use my custom port not 5432

Did you try it? It is already supported.

SovRedBit 06-11-2017 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2527938)
Did you try it? It is already supported.

Yep, it tell me about this error, but i changed my port in database.cfg and on database server.
Anyway i made a default port 5432 and it still give me this error, don't know what to do, i have PostgreSQL-9.4 on server and PostgreSQL-9.2 on client and i configured it to connect to the server but the extension still give me this error, don't know why.

L 06/11/2017 - 23:03:21: [SM] Exception reported: OnDBConnect could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

asherkin 06-11-2017 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SovRedBit (Post 2527940)
Yep, it tell me about this error, but i changed my port in database.cfg and on database server.
Anyway i made a default port 5432 and it still give me this error, don't know what to do, i have PostgreSQL-9.4 on server and PostgreSQL-9.2 on client and i configured it to connect to the server but the extension still give me this error, don't know why.

L 06/11/2017 - 23:03:21: [SM] Exception reported: OnDBConnect could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

It is trying to connect using a unix domain socket so the port is completely ignored anyway...

That error message is straight from the Postgres client library, if you search for "Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket" you'll see many people discussing it and hopefully be able to solve it.

SovRedBit 06-12-2017 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2527956)
It is trying to connect using a unix domain socket so the port is completely ignored anyway...

That error message is straight from the Postgres client library, if you search for "Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket" you'll see many people discussing it and hopefully be able to solve it.

I know what this Error mean, i tried to use psql client from this Linux server to connect to the main psql server but i had this error, so i fixed it by enable the if of this client, but on csgo server it's not working, and i don't know why, i have enabled everything, but it still not want to work.

Peace-Maker 06-12-2017 18:13

Paste your databases.cfg section which is causing trouble please (without credentials).

SovRedBit 06-12-2017 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace-Maker (Post 2528207)
Paste your databases.cfg section which is causing trouble please (without credentials).

"vip"
{
"driver" "pgsql"
"host" "178.170....."
"database" "testvip"
"user" "postgres"
"pass" "password"
"port" "5432"
"timeout" "40
}

DJ Tsunami 06-13-2017 04:05

Your "timeout" line is missing a quote at the end.

SovRedBit 06-13-2017 06:06

It's not the problem, this error exists even if i delete the port and timeout