AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Annotations (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=139902)

Geit 10-06-2010 16:50

[TF2] Annotations

1 Attachment(s)

Annotate your game world: place inspiring messages, help newbies find that well hidden side route or just humiliate your opponents.

Screenshots:

Commands:
  • sm_annotate <time> <message> - Creates an annotation that lasts for a specified time (-1 for infinite) (Flag: Chat)
  • sm_deleteannotation - Deletes the annotation where you're looking (Flag: Chat)
Cvars:
  • sm_annotate_version - Version
  • sm_annotate_min_dist - Sets the minimum distance that an annotation must be from another annotation (default: 64)
  • sm_annotate_view_dist - Sets the maximum distance at which annotations will be sent to players (default: 1024)
Changelog:
1.5:
  • Complete rewrite
  • Annotations will no longer repeatedly fly in to the screen
  • An annotation will no longer block other annotations being placed after they've disappeared
  • Client console is no longer spammed with sound errors
  • Numerous other improvements and tidy-ups
1.41:
  • Fixed a handle leak
1.4:
  • Fixed an issue where annotations would not last longer than 10 seconds
  • Changed the args on sm_annotate to <display time> <message> - You no longer need quote marks around the message when it's longer than 1 word.
  • Binded sm_deleteannotation to its correct command
  • Fixed an issue where annotations would not update when there were fewer than 5
  • Added sm_annotate_min_dist - Sets the minimum distance that an annotation must be from another annotation (default: 64)
  • Added sm_annotate_view_dist - Sets the maximum distance at which annotations will be sent to players (default: 1024)
1.3:
  • Annotations are no longer sent over the network when no one can see them
  • Annotations are now processed in batches of 5, once per second
1.2:
  • Annotations can no longer be placed within 64 units of each other
  • Annotations can now be deleted with !deleteannotation (!deleteannotation_perm for the SQL version)
1.1:
  • Annotations now refresh every 5 seconds, if the annotation is not in the client's LOS or within 1024 units, it will not be displayed.
1.01:
  • Fixed an issue where only one annotation would appear at any given time.
1.0:
  • Initial Release
Credits:
Spaz & Arg for the positioning code - Taken from [TF2] Pumpkins

SQL Version currently defunct

Leonardo 10-07-2010 07:32

Re: [TF2] Annotations

useful thing. thanks

PieOnEar 10-07-2010 15:52

What happens if you set the timer to 0, does it stay there, or does it not show up?
Ah well I'll test it myself

aRcTiC 10-07-2010 16:35

0 makes it last like 1 second, -1 on the other hand seems to stay there
funny thing i did was annotate a pit "Free Hats"... :twisted:

msleeper 10-07-2010 16:39

If there would be a way to add this permanently into a map, it would be incredibly useful.

Geit 10-07-2010 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by msleeper (Post 1318361)
If there would be a way to add this permanently into a map, it would be incredibly useful.

I made this a while ago: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=15060 - But it didn't work to my liking at the time so I didn't release it here, Once I work out the format of visibilityBitfield I'll fix it up and release it. - Till then the code/database it uses for making permanent annotations is probably the best way to do it.

msleeper 10-07-2010 17:05

Ah excellent, thanks Geit! I think making and releasing a working version of that would be much more attractive to people.

Geit 10-07-2010 17:49

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by msleeper (Post 1318374)
Ah excellent, thanks Geit! I think making and releasing a working version of that would be much more attractive to people.

Just put this together quickly. Simply make a database cfg called "annotations" and run the plugin (command is sm_annotate_perm <message> and cvar for changing their lifetime is sm_annotate_length - They will show at the start of every round), hopefully it should save all annotations to the database, but I haven't tested it. - Also, you'll have to delete annotations through the Database as I haven't reworked the command that deletes annotations for the event format.

msleeper 10-07-2010 19:46

Thanks, I'll give it a look. I'm going to make a quick edit to the .sp though to make it use the "default" database. One suggest I would make would be to make the plugin look for the "annotations" database, and on failure, try to use the "default" database. That way people (like me) who use a single database for all SourceMod stuff don't have to make a new entry in their databases.cfg and then restart the server.

msleeper 10-08-2010 15:29

I'm not sure if the database version of the plugin you posted is working, but it's a bit off topic so I'll PM you about that.