AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   L4D: Vote Guard *Updated 1.5.09* (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=81357)

CrimsonGT 12-03-2008 11:06

L4D: Vote Guard *Updated 1.5.09*

1 Attachment(s)
This plugin punishes players for excessive use of the callvote feature in Left 4 Dead. Using the Cvars listed, you can either kick the player when they have exceeded the max number of votes for the current map, or ban them for a certain duration. The votes counter currently will reset on map change.

sm_voteguard_enabled (0/1, def 1)
Enable/Disable the callvote guard. If set to disabled, none of the punishment options will be executed.

sm_voteguard_adminimmune
(0/1, def. 1)
Enable/Disable the Admin Immunity. If this is enabled, admins will not be subject to punishment for exceeding the maximum amount of callvotes for the current map. If enabled, Admins will also now be immune to Kick Callvotes from clients with a lower immunity. (A higher ranking admin can still issue a callvote kick against lower ranked admins)

sm_voteguard_vlimit
(def. 3)
The max callvotes allowed before the player is subject to punishment. When the player has reached this limit, they will recieve a message alerting them to reaching the max votes. Once exceeded the chosen punishment will be applied.

sm_voteguard_vdelay (def. 60)
The amount of time in seconds the player must wait in between votes. When a player attempts to call a vote repeatedly, they will recieve a message alerting them to how long they must wait before they can create another vote. [Set to 0 for no Vote Delay]

sm_voteguard_bantime (def. 10)
Duration in minutes of the ban. If this is set to 0, the player will be kicked instead of banned.

Thanks to Tsunami for helping me test this plugin out and find the bug.

Changelog
    • Added admin immunity to kick callvotes.
    • Fixed numerous bugs.
    • Added a Vote Delay option.
    • Initial public release.

CrimsonGT 12-03-2008 11:59

Re: Left4Dead: Vote Guard

Woops, I just reuploaded it. Forgot to recompile after finishing it.

DontWannaName 12-03-2008 16:39

Can you add the admins immune feature so admins cant get kicked and banned by the vote feature. I got kicked on a server once because I alerted the witch by standing near her too long. Little punks. grr

DJ Tsunami 12-03-2008 16:45

devicenull's plugin already does that.

Liam 12-03-2008 22:11

Very nice!

r5053 12-05-2008 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam (Post 722362)
Very nice!

why do you approve this?
It's like DJ Tsunami wrote it still exist, and you approve a dublicate plugin, where the coder writes it's untested......

bl4nk 12-05-2008 16:01

Tsunami was talking to DontWannaName. This plugin and the one devicenull wrote are two different plugins with different functionality.

CrimsonGT 12-05-2008 16:41

There, I added a description to it so hopefully that will help. Thanks for clearing that up bl4nk, I couldnt think of any way to name it much differently from his and still have it accurately describe it.

santaclaus 12-06-2008 11:33

hi.

Can you considere adding different limits to each type of vote ? (eventually disable a limit on one)

I want to set a lower limit on callvote kick only .

CrimsonGT 12-07-2008 11:38

Version 1.0.1 Released

Finally got a working L4D server up to test on, and ran a bunch of test. The initial release was not working properly, but everything seems to be good to go now.

Also added in a vote delay option, so you can specify how long in seconds before a player can issue another vote. This one I feel was much needed.

santaclaus: Yeah I can get that added in as well.