AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceBans / SourceBans++ (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06] (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=263735)

misterG 08-14-2016 09:54

Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.5.4.7) [Updated: 2016-04-28]

Quote:

Originally Posted by driz (Post 2444704)
anyone have an easy edit to prevent self-banning by admins?

I think you'll better "edit" your admins if that's a problem for you :))

driz 08-15-2016 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterG (Post 2444810)
I think you'll better "edit" your admins if that's a problem for you :))

our admins are donors, so obviously, that isn't going to happen. I can look at the source of the plugin and do this, i just assumed someone would have a quick answer.

Wulfy 08-22-2016 06:28

Hey! I'm having an issue some other people have been having as well.

I get the "failed: Can't connect." error when adding admins, but only for my servers hosted by NFO. It works fine for my servers hosted by OVH. My webserver is hosted by NFO as well, so this seems somewhat contradictory.

https://embed.gyazo.com/9b400c658c4b...068ea6f16d.png

Could this be an issue with the settings in the gameservers, or is it an issue with the webserver and/or its firewall? I imagine I should contact NFO support about this?

404UserNotFound 08-22-2016 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by driz (Post 2445053)
our admins are donors, so obviously, that isn't going to happen. I can look at the source of the plugin and do this, i just assumed someone would have a quick answer.

PHP Code:

if(target == client)
{

// nope.avi

PrintToChat(client"what are you doing, stop that.");
     return 
Plugin_Handled;

durangod 08-22-2016 08:25

Wulfy, be sure the same port is open on both the game server and the web service. Also you can use the sb_debug_connection.php file in the web_upload folder of soucebans to help you determine the issue. Just fill out the top part and run it from your browser.

Most of the time it is because the same port is not open on both the web side and the game server side.

durangod 08-22-2016 08:27

On a different note, im wondering why sourcebans never replies to their steam community posts? Did they just create it and forget it? lol

Wulfy 08-22-2016 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by durangod (Post 2447239)
Wulfy, be sure the same port is open on both the game server and the web service. Also you can use the sb_debug_connection.php file in the web_upload folder of soucebans to help you determine the issue. Just fill out the top part and run it from your browser.

Most of the time it is because the same port is not open on both the web side and the game server side.

Thanks! I had no idea this was a feature :)

Code:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server 31.186.250.95:29050

[+] Trying to establish UDP connection
[+] UDP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to the socket
[+] Successfully requested server info. (That doesn't mean anything on an UDP stream.) Reading...
[+] Got an response! Server: [Gamebait] Surf (TIMER+RANKS) Tier 3-4

[+] Trying to establish TCP connection
[-] Error connecting #111: Connection refused

Does this mean 29050 TCP on my webserver is closed and should be open?

durangod 08-22-2016 09:09

you dont even need the TCP connection i dont ever fill that part out. All you need to do is make sure that UDP 20950 is open on your web server and on your game server.

it looks like its connected though..

on your web server do you have the remote mysql set, you need to add your game server ip so that the game server can connect to the db.

Wulfy 08-22-2016 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by durangod (Post 2447246)
you dont even need the TCP connection i dont ever fill that part out. All you need to do is make sure that UDP 20950 is open on your web server and on your game server.

it looks like its connected though..

on your web server do you have the remote mysql set, you need to add your game server ip so that the game server can connect to the db.

Isn't it the rcon bit that's doing the rehashing though?

What do you mean by do I have the remote mysql set? Add my game server IP where? This?
https://i.gyazo.com/d1d68afa8eae8c1f...cacb9c7d28.png

The servers do get the admins, but only after a mapchange. It's only the rehashing that's an issue (the webserver has to send the sm_rehash command to the gameserver, which is failing).

I get this for the server it's successful on:
Code:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server 151.80.109.201:27045

[+] Trying to establish UDP connection
[+] UDP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to the socket
[+] Successfully requested server info. (That doesn't mean anything on an UDP stream.) Reading...
[+] Got an response! Server: [Gamebait] Bhop Server 102 tick (TIMER+RANKS)

[+] Trying to establish TCP connection
[+] TCP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to TCP socket and authenticate via rcon
[+] Successfully sent authentication request. Reading...
[+] Got an response!
[+] Password correct!

durangod 08-22-2016 10:00

1 Attachment(s)
oh your not using cpanel ok well i think yours is the same as mine just different panels. See image.

Im a novice but i just went through this recently so i was just trying to assist.

I thought it went like this...

sourceban software on the game server connects remotely with the db and software on the web server. Which is why both UDP ports have to be open.

I suppose you do have the sourceban gameserver code uploaded to the server right. There two parts web and game files.

Do you have all your stuff on one game server or is it all seperate.

The only reason i can see from my experience that its not reading it is that one of the parts of the puzzle is missing.. The port, sb game server files, remote connection, sb web server files
has to be one of those things.. right ?