AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] NoBlock Plugin with TeamFilter - AVOIDS MAYHEM BUG (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=154226)

Zephyrus 04-04-2011 14:52

[ANY] NoBlock Plugin with TeamFilter - AVOIDS MAYHEM BUG

2 Attachment(s)
Description:
It's a new NoBlock plugin, but it's using a different method to get the no block effect. It can avoid the mayhem bug. I know it's not as smooth as setting collision groups, but at least it won't trigger the mayhem bug.

Variables
sm_noblock_enabled 1/0 (default: 1)
sm_noblock_teamfilter 1/0 (default: 1)

Requirements:
SDKHooks2

Technical stuff:
It seems that the contents mask are not working, so I had to hook StartTouch. Touch is being hooked as well, so you will get blocked for shorter time.

Changes:
6/5/2011 - Fixed teamfilter
4/15/2011 - SDKHooks2
4/14/2011 - Fixed a bug
4/10/2011 - Fixed a bug
4/5/2011 - Fixed a bug where you can't damage anyone

Samantha 04-04-2011 15:05

Re: [ANY] NoBlock Plugin with TeamFilter - AVOIDS MAYHEM BUG

Why do u need 2 touch hooks? Otherwise nice job :D

Zephyrus 04-04-2011 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samantha (Post 1444473)
Why do u need 2 touch hooks? Otherwise nice job :D

sometimes starttouch is too slow, if you hook the touch as well then the touch detection will be a bit faster

sinblaster 04-04-2011 16:38

lol I just tried it with bots on css dm and you cant kill the enemy. Bullets go straight through and does no damage. Bullets don't kill, knives don't kill. The only thing killing anything is the homing device plug I use.

Zephyrus 04-04-2011 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinblaster (Post 1444530)
lol I just tried it with bots on css dm and you cant kill the enemy. Bullets go straight through and does no damage. Bullets don't kill, knives don't kill. The only thing killing anything is the homing device plug I use.

oh, accidently removed a line for player check :oops: reuploaded

sinblaster 04-05-2011 00:58

Thanks I tried it but for me it would seem that you kind of bounce off just a little (a tiny bit of resistance) but then go straight through the enemy. This is on altex's gungame. Windows with release versions of meta and source.

EDIT:
The same actually happens with your own team. There is actually a little resistance before you go through them. In my opinion from testing its the same blocking effect for both sides. Meaning when your player is persistent it will pass through anyone without effort.

I can kill them though.

Samantha 04-05-2011 06:57

Client Side prediction, you can't really "fix" it.

sinblaster 04-05-2011 06:59

Then that would make this version as useless as the others to reach the needed objective. No offence intended to Zep

Zephyrus 04-05-2011 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinblaster (Post 1444705)
Then that would make this version as useless as the others to reach the needed objective. No offence intended to Zep

the difference between this and the others is that this wont trigger the mayhem bug, there wont be a perfect noblock with teamfilter unless valve fixes the mayhem bug

sinblaster 04-05-2011 09:30

Yes sorry it has its use I am sure and the bug wont be missed, truly no offence intended.