AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Survival Event Timer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=92175)

raoulduke 05-11-2009 08:46

[L4D] Survival Event Timer

2 Attachment(s)
This is a relatively simple plugin I created for Left 4 Dead's Survival Mode.

The plugin presents players with an alert (using the centered hint box) 10 seconds before hordes or tanks spawn. It also displays a notification when a tank has been killed. The timer will start automatically when the survival event is triggered, and stop when the round ends. The plugin is enabled by default, but can be disabled by typing "timer_switch" into console.

This has no effect on cheats/achievements, just a helpful utility.

I would like to extend the length of the programmed timers, as well as add notifications for notable lulls when it is safe to grab ammo/health. Any input would be appreciated, if there is something you think should be added just tell me the time and event and I'll update the plugin.
Update 5-11-09 16:13:
I've made some changes to the plugin to allow some more control over its behavior.

The major difference is that the alerts now go to each client individually, allowing each client to turn on or off the alerts for themselves.
Clients are notified at spawn that they may say !showtimer to enable or disable their alerts.

I've also added a cvar (survival_timer_auto) to control whether the alerts are on for all (default) or off for all when each round starts.
I added an additional cvar (survival_timer_hints) to control whether alerts appear in the bottom center hint boxes (default) or in the chat area.

Kirk_yang 05-11-2009 10:28

Re: [L4D] Survival Event Timer

gonna try this :D

Kirk_yang 05-11-2009 10:29

but why is it on centered??? its kinda annoying put it on top left of the screen many people are annoyed when its on the center im jsut saying my opinion

raoulduke 05-11-2009 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk_yang (Post 825538)
but why is it on centered??? its kinda annoying put it on top left of the screen many people are annoyed when its on the center im jsut saying my opinion

Well it's not the middle center like csay is, it's the bottom center hint box. Also, as far as I can tell the HUD messages (this would include the top left) will not work in L4D. This limits me to either the current method or a chat message. I may be wrong about this so anyone who knows otherwise please comment. The initial feedback I got was that the hint message box was more noticeable and therefor more useful than the chat message, but I'd welcome more feedback. I may just end up creating a cvar that lets you choose whichever you prefer.

Kirk_yang 05-12-2009 03:23

Quote:

I may just end up creating a cvar that lets you choose whichever you prefer.
why don't u do that? its cool so we can set it up the way we prefer :D

exvel 05-12-2009 06:00

Quote:

Clients are notified at spawn that they may say !showtimer to enable or disable their alerts.
This method is a little bit wrong and old I think. Special for such settings "clientprefs" extension was developed so you can add your on/off option into this menu and players can control it by typing !settings in chat.
http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/index....d=show&id=884& and others in clientprefs section will help you.

raoulduke 05-12-2009 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk_yang (Post 826020)
why don't u do that? its cool so we can set it up the way we prefer :D

Already done, read the update =]

exvel 05-12-2009 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by raoulduke (Post 826093)
Already done, read the update =]

I don't see this in your code:
PHP Code:

#include <clientprefs> 

Kirk_yang 05-12-2009 07:35

good now testing it :D

an0n1mus1 05-13-2009 18:04

It doesn't turn off. I disconnect and come back in, the countdown for the horde and the tank shows up without triggering the even.