AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   [CSS] Ammo from dead (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=173286)

GrO 12-03-2011 06:14

[CSS] Ammo from dead

I couldn't find anything like this for CSS, but there is such plugin for CS1.6 HERE.

Version for CSS could be alittle different, if someone would like to create it:

- pick up ammo left and not loaded (i.e. if the player died with 28/46 ammo left, only 46 bullets can be picked up)

- pick up ammo of the same type only (player running with AK47 can't pick up ammo from player, who died with MP5 i.e., but can pick up ammo from player, who died with AK47 or M4A1).

It would be great to have such functionality I think.

GrO 12-04-2011 09:44

Re: [CSS] Ammo from dead

Maybe just simple port it from AMX to SM without those differences I wrote? Anyone?

TnTSCS 12-04-2011 11:48

that should be able to be done... using sdkhooks be able to know what weapon you're touching, if it's the same one you have, and if so, take all of the rounds except those in the magazine of the dropped gun (or limit it like that amx plugin can)...

GrO 12-04-2011 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnTSCS (Post 1607653)
that should be able to be done... using sdkhooks be able to know what weapon you're touching, if it's the same one you have, and if so, take all of the rounds except those in the magazine of the dropped gun (or limit it like that amx plugin can)...

Good to hear, it's possible. I can donate the one, who'd like to write it under SM.

BTW
Some weapons are using the same type of bullets (i.e. AK47 and GALIL?), so it would be good to associate them in the plugin, is it also possible?

TnTSCS 12-04-2011 21:04

yes... sounds like a good exercise/experiment for me...

kind of like the money drop, just a little different

GrO 12-05-2011 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnTSCS (Post 1607938)
yes... sounds like a good exercise/experiment for me...

Awesome!

Would it be too complicated to allow ammo pick up, when dead player's and alive player's weapon is pistol only?

TnTSCS 12-06-2011 16:55

I'll try to get pounding on this soon... been busy with work :(

GrO 12-07-2011 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnTSCS (Post 1608817)
I'll try to get pounding on this soon... been busy with work :(

No problem, just wondering about the pistols case from my previous post and another one with using some default HL2 'bullet box' models (like money in Your plugin), but I don't know, if it's a good idea for server performance. It could also cost too much work to associate a different 'bullet box' model for each type of ammo. It's up to Your opinion.

TnTSCS 12-08-2011 17:58

3 Attachment(s)
Okay - here's my first attempt at this...

Thanks to all the fellas in IRC who helped out with the ability to find the ammo value for weapons on the ground.

To install this, you'll need the attached .smx (or compile the .sp yourself with the necessary includes), and gamedata file (cssdroppedammo.txt).

The gamedata (and include) were a product of psychonic and Peace-Maker as a result of my inquiry in IRC. Here's the thread for the include - THREAD

If this plugin works out - I'll post it to the new threads with a few more options (optional updater, optional adverts when players pickup cash, etc).

If you have suggestions, please let me know here in this thread

GrO 12-08-2011 20:41

Wow, didn't expect it so early ;] I'm gonna test it right away. All my sugestions (pistols, 'bullet box' models) are already posted above, so just waiting for Your opinion about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnTSCS (Post 1609981)
(optional adverts when players pickup cash, etc)

You mean ammo, not cash? Or I don't know something? ;D