AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting Help (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Magic marker plugin how to draw longer? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=301525)

grkmkprl 09-24-2017 16:06

Magic marker plugin how to draw longer?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello guys,need help.There is a plugin named Magic marker.We can draw something on the walls,anyway i want to increase the draw distance of this.Do you help me with this?

I added the script

wickedd 09-24-2017 18:52

Re: Magic marker plugin how to draw longer?

Sorry... but I can't read your post.. the text is too small. Can you make it larger?

shehzad1234 09-25-2017 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedd (Post 2550686)
Sorry... but I can't read your post.. the text is too small. Can you make it larger?

lol xD

TheSpaniard 09-25-2017 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedd (Post 2550686)

@Wickedd Man you got some wicked sense of humour. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

aron9forever 09-25-2017 14:47

I can see you made it larger but I still can't read it properly from my phone, maybe just a bit bigger pls?

grkmkprl 09-27-2017 12:08

You can go if you do not want to help.I do not want an off topic message

TheSpaniard 09-27-2017 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by grkmkprl (Post 2551179)
You can go if you do not want to help.I do not want an off topic message

Instead of correcting your mistake you are telling people to f**k off if they don't wanna help, boy you have some nerve.
Go correct your mistake and then someone will help.

DjSoftero 09-27-2017 13:11

if you want help, stick to the rules. once you use normal sized letters, i will provide the solution.

SomewhereLost 09-27-2017 15:13

He posted exactly what I was looking for, to simply increase the amount of ink and to make the drawing permanent (at least until mapchange)

DjSoftero 09-28-2017 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomewhereLost (Post 2551216)
He posted exactly what I was looking for, to simply increase the amount of ink and to make the drawing permanent (at least until mapchange)

I added a cvar. You can alter its value to change distance. Do it via server, or before compiling.
I would suggest playing with the distance on a server, then recompile with the one you like. because every time server crashes, the value gets restored to default one, which was set in the .sma file.

same for duration of the sprite. but the amount of "ink" as you describe it is not a good idea. every one of those dots is a separate entity and there is a limit to it hardcoded into the engine. Unless valve increases it, you are not bypasing it.

Spoiler