AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=80858)

darknicz 12-25-2008 05:51

Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time)

Sry can anyone help solve my problem? why advanced bans doesn't work in zombie mod. does it need modification or?

danielkza 12-25-2008 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknicz (Post 732885)
Sry can anyone help solve my problem? why advanced bans doesn't work in zombie mod. does it need modification or?

Test here with Zombie Plague, and it works fine. Check your other setting first, before blaming the plugin.

flawless 12-25-2008 21:46

very nice im using it and it works well

Thrill 12-26-2008 13:40

Will it store bans in a "history" txt, or will a ban be removed from the txt when his bantime is over? Id like to have a history of bans if its not already in the plugin. Also, do it work for natural-selection? Can you please state in first post what mods this will work on. I see #include <cstrike> in code...

danielkza 12-26-2008 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrill (Post 733546)
Will it store bans in a "history" txt, or will a ban be removed from the txt when his bantime is over? Id like to have a history of bans if its not already in the plugin. Also, do it work for natural-selection? Can you please state in first post what mods this will work on. I see #include <cstrike> in code...

PHP Code:

#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>
#include <fakemeta>

#define PLUGIN_NAME    "Advanced Bans"
#define PLUGIN_VERSION    "0.1"
#define PLUGIN_AUTHOR    "Exolent" 

Wut?

Thrill 12-26-2008 13:49

Just saw now. I was looking at the plmenu.sma sorry!

darknicz 12-26-2008 15:53

I Know it how it is being set up cause i got it working on my normal server files. But i don't know why it doesn't work on my zombie mod. I am a Lan server type. not sure if it makes a diff. What happens when i load the plugin to my zombie server everyone is kicked from my server. i didn't do any of the steps wrongly. So wondering what went wrong. any advice?

Thrill 12-26-2008 16:06

1: And as said earlier by another guy. I banned myself now for 1 minute, and im still not unbanned after 5 minutes... you might wanna fix this asap, times are all incorrect. Its removed after a mapchange, so if u are banned for 1 minute, and map play for 1 hour (natural-selection games can be very long! normally max 2 hours +), you will be banned for 1 hour instead of 1 minute!!! :(

2: The plugin do print ban reason etc in console, after you are banned. But it doesnt print that info if you try to quit game ---> rejoin server. It will say "You are banned...check console", when checking console:

BUILD 4383 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 32
Kicked :"You are banned from this server. Check your console"

This is all it says, no info... Can you make this plugin print the reason each time a person try connect? Cause it seems to me reason only appear after you recently got banned.

3: advanced_bans.txt located in data:
"STEAM_0:1:id" "Thrill" 1 "21:01:52 12/26/2008" "test" "Adminname" "STEAM_0:2:id"

For people who want to use sql in future. Maybe this is a better solution for tables:
"STEAM_0:1:id" "ip" "Thrill" "1" "21:01:52" "12/26/2008" "test" "Adminame" "STEAM_0:2:id"

(added "" to "minutes" so now "1", added "ip", splitted date, time)

4.make a history.txt, where all info from advanced_bans.txt never are removed, but stored!!! PLEASE! =) This is also good if you in future want to check how a player has behave, if he has many bans earlier etc. The history.txt would be perfect for a database to read out of.

5. You cant ban people if they are not on the server:
Client with that name or userid not found

Could you fix so we can ban ppl even though they're not on server?

Thank you for your time and effort making this plugin!

[M]xxxx 12-27-2008 11:51

I Have question. Is it possible to log bans in mysql? :O
log admin who banned, banned name, ip/auth, date/time, and for how long.
and if ban is removed from mysql is user unbanned :)

Exolent[jNr] 12-27-2008 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknicz (Post 733622)
I Know it how it is being set up cause i got it working on my normal server files. But i don't know why it doesn't work on my zombie mod. I am a Lan server type. not sure if it makes a diff. What happens when i load the plugin to my zombie server everyone is kicked from my server. i didn't do any of the steps wrongly. So wondering what went wrong. any advice?

LAN, as in No-Steam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrill (Post 733632)
1: And as said earlier by another guy. I banned myself now for 1 minute, and im still not unbanned after 5 minutes... you might wanna fix this asap, times are all incorrect. Its removed after a mapchange, so if u are banned for 1 minute, and map play for 1 hour (natural-selection games can be very long! normally max 2 hours +), you will be banned for 1 hour instead of 1 minute!!! :(

Do this again, and give me the ban information.

Quote:

2: The plugin do print ban reason etc in console, after you are banned. But it doesnt print that info if you try to quit game ---> rejoin server. It will say "You are banned...check console", when checking console:

BUILD 4383 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 32
Kicked :"You are banned from this server. Check your console"

This is all it says, no info... Can you make this plugin print the reason each time a person try connect? Cause it seems to me reason only appear after you recently got banned.

You're the second person to have this problem.
I guess I can add a cvar for the delay on kicking banned players.

Quote:

3: advanced_bans.txt located in data:
"STEAM_0:1:id" "Thrill" 1 "21:01:52 12/26/2008" "test" "Adminname" "STEAM_0:2:id"

For people who want to use sql in future. Maybe this is a better solution for tables:
"STEAM_0:1:id" "ip" "Thrill" "1" "21:01:52" "12/26/2008" "test" "Adminame" "STEAM_0:2:id"

(added "" to "minutes" so now "1", added "ip", splitted date, time)

Thanks for your input, but I'm pretty sure I'll find a way to do it with SQL.

Quote:

4.make a history.txt, where all info from advanced_bans.txt never are removed, but stored!!! PLEASE! =) This is also good if you in future want to check how a player has behave, if he has many bans earlier etc. The history.txt would be perfect for a database to read out of.

addons/amxmodx/logs/L#####.log

Search "ban".

Quote:

5. You cant ban people if they are not on the server:
Client with that name or userid not found

Could you fix so we can ban ppl even though they're not on server?

Thank you for your time and effort making this plugin!

This has been a command.
amx_addban

Quote:

Originally Posted by [M]xxxx (Post 734043)
I Have question. Is it possible to log bans in mysql? :O
log admin who banned, banned name, ip/auth, date/time, and for how long.
and if ban is removed from mysql is user unbanned :)

Read through the thread about SQL talks.