AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   HE Grenade Conc Jumping (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=6559)

ThantiK 10-06-2004 12:12

HE Grenade Conc Jumping

1 Attachment(s)
/* AMX Mod script.
* HE-CONC 1.0
* by ThantiK
* Description:
* Remember CONC jumping in TFC? -- This adds the knockback to the HE 'nades
* its great to set higher or lower depending on your wants. But definately
* adds some spunk to the game.
* Commands:
* CVAR - he_push, set higher or lower depending on the effect you want.
* TIPS - Set he_push to a negative value...very funny.
* Special Thanks:
* JGHG for the help with setting velocity, and for the code on getting HE coords.
* Ryan (War3 Expansion guy) for the mathematics and velocity stocks.
*/

P.S. www.TKWired.com! =P

Johnny got his gun 10-06-2004 14:53

Lol way ahead of you. Well if you don't want chickens this is about the same. :-]
Always had this feature in Chicken bombs since ages though :-]

Nonetheless cool. Maybe you could make it so you can select if the flashbang, the smokegreande or he should be made for concing. Or all!

ThantiK 10-06-2004 14:58

I was thinking that, too bad I couldn't add another grenade type...lol

Possibly change the SG so it doesn't let out the smoke, blocks it and even does the TFC conc gren effect?

Ryan 10-06-2004 17:52

awesome, nice to see you finished it! :)

Johnny got his gun 10-07-2004 01:29

I guess all you have to do is see what other messages are created by flashbangs and smoke grenades. You could block the smoke messages and send out a shockwave where the first smoke puff should be. Or maybe to all smoke puffs? :-)

LizardKing 10-09-2004 03:19

maybe possible to add a cvar to disable HE damage, and infinate nades (get one every 15 seconds) so u can conc jump without dying?

ThantiK 10-12-2004 01:57

It could be possible, it already checks if the dmg was done by an HE grenade, only 1 line of code would need to be added for a no-dmg HE-grenade...

Anyone else want this?

I'd say I'm probably not going to add the whole unlimited HE thing, there are plugins out there that you could pair with this one for that.

Perhaps we may want the whole conc jump effect with it?...like the little expanding ring? -- that wouldn't be too hard to add either.

henk3000 07-26-2005 04:08

Hi Sorry for pulling this up from oblivion :)

About the no-damage HE's..
I would like to make that so the damage of a grenade would come only from falling back to the ground and not from the explosion.. it's for a fun-oriented server :)

You said it should be easy.. Is this about where that one line of code should be?

Code:

new damagerept = read_data(2)
    set_velocity_from_origin(id, upVector, get_cvar_float("he_push")*damagerept)

I'm learning the script code currently but i don't know how to change the actual damage done by the grenade in this plugin.

Thanks!

nitricacid 07-27-2005 13:41

how do we change the grenade to smoke again?

Brad 07-27-2005 14:11

I don't fully understand this plugin. The way I *think* I understand it is that if you receive damage from an HE nade, you get 'pushed' back from the force of it. Is this correct?

[LATER ON THAT DAY]

Yep, I *do* understand it. I was right!