AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Server Anit-Crash (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=19580)

schreck 10-20-2005 02:54

Server Anit-Crash

1 Attachment(s)
For those who don't know, DoD contains a problem when a player reaches 500 flag captures, or a player reaches 200 kills. What happens you may ask...The server crashes. We got tired of people crashing the server from 200 kills, so I decided to create this plugin.

The way this plugin works is on a capture, it will look at that players caps. If the caps are greater than or equal to 495, then it will reset the caps for that player to 0.

Likewise, on a kill, it looks at the killer's score. If the killer has 195 or more kills, then it will reset the kills for the killer to 0.

If there are any "better" ways of doing this, please let me know, as this is my first released plugin. I have another in progress, but i figured i would release this as it is very useful in DoD.

This may also be handy to make a closer, better 24/7 DoD server since you dont have to worry about these crashes.

PS
If there is another one of these out there, sorry. I looked all over the forums, but couldn't find one.
Code:

Changelog:

v1.1a
-Fixed plugin showing unknown
^^messed this up updating to 1.1

v1.1
-Removed plugin_modules()

v1.0
-Initial Release

DarlD 10-20-2005 03:08

Great work schreck looking forward to your next plugin!

dannyowan 10-20-2005 10:24

That why always crash , thanks body ! 8)

dannyowan 10-21-2005 12:33

schreck

The plugins show out " Unknow " in amxmodmenu's plugins list

but it still can on/off it ..( means still work?)

colby 10-21-2005 16:51

He didn't register the plugin right, which is why it is showing up as "Unknown". Try adding this:

Code:
public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Server Anti-Crash", "1.1", "Schreck") }

And take out this:
Code:
new PLUGIN[]="Server Anti-Crash" new AUTHOR[]="Schreck" new VERSION[]="1.1"

(Not exactly sure what you were thinking here)

schreck 10-22-2005 05:07

actually, i erased the wrong part of the code. when i took out plugin_modules, i took out plugin_init instead...oops.
New version uploaded.

dannyowan 10-23-2005 10:32

good job!

pust it on the top! 8)
thanks u guys

[UCE]pluTONIum 10-23-2005 11:58

great plugin, dude :D

i'll install it immediately and hope our server won't crash that often in the future ...

btw: didn't even know of that bug but it's an explaination for our server crashes in the past :roll:

schreck 10-23-2005 17:28

the Kills we found out cause alot of our members will get 200+ kills in 120 or less mins. The flag caps we found out about from some ppl XP whoring in our WC3FT server. So then i made a way to stop it, hence where i am now.

forbiddenct 10-31-2005 00:51

Good Job.
I am facing damn lot of crashnig of my server
thx to ur plugins