AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NvM (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=331690)

Culverton smith 04-02-2021 10:10

NvM

nvm

Natsheh 04-02-2021 16:10

Re: client_print()

it would be much easier if you recreated the plugin trust me.

well you need to hook client_print and check if the 3rd parameter matches the string, if so block the function call, thats it.

fysiks 04-02-2021 16:39

Use an existing advertisement plugin or request a new one with the features that you need. You should never run a plugin to which you do not have the source code because someone could have easily added a backdoor into the plugin (meaning that someone could hack your server).

Culverton smith 04-02-2021 18:40

//

fysiks 04-02-2021 19:17

It is completely unnecessary to try and hook the plugin's functions for something with such simple functionality. In addition to the risk of running a plugin to which you don't have the source code. Simply explain all the features of this plugin so that someone can either suggest an existing option or write a new one just for you.

Culverton smith 04-03-2021 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2742797)
It is completely unnecessary to try and hook the plugin's functions for something with such simple functionality. In addition to the risk of running a plugin to which you don't have the source code. Simply explain all the features of this plugin so that someone can either suggest an existing option or write a new one just for you.

Thanks for your advice. But the point is that rewriting this plugin is very time consuming and no one will do it.

fysiks 04-03-2021 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverton smith (Post 2742813)
But the point is that rewriting this plugin is very time consuming and no one will do it.

How do you know? I haven't seen you describe the plugin more than just "it sends advertisements periodically" so I can't tell if that is true or not.

OciXCrom 04-03-2021 16:10

From what you said so far, the plugin can be written in less than 30 seconds with no more than 10 lines of code.

KrazyKat 04-03-2021 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2742781)
Use an existing advertisement plugin or request a new one with the features that you need. You should never run a plugin to which you do not have the source code because someone could have easily added a backdoor into the plugin (meaning that someone could hack your server).

What sorts of backdoors are generally possible to implement in a plugin that could harm a server? I have a similar issue and was genuinely interested in knowing what a developer can do to servers by releasing an amxx file that looks appealing to people but does shady stuff behind your back.

I also believe he's talking about a necessary plugin that has an advertisement function in set_task printing a message every minute or so, and he wants to prevent that message from showing up on the server.

Culverton smith 04-03-2021 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2742884)
From what you said so far, the plugin can be written in less than 30 seconds with no more than 10 lines of code.

The plugin I am talking about is a complete mode and rewriting it is very time consuming

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazyKat (Post 2742899)
I also believe he's talking about a necessary plugin that has an advertisement function in set_task printing a message every minute or so, and he wants to prevent that message from showing up on the server.

It is true. This is exactly what I want to do.

Please write me an example so I can solve the problem.