AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceMod Anti-Cheat (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Banned by CONSOLE SMAC/KAC (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=199562)

SilentBr 10-29-2012 16:04

Banned by CONSOLE SMAC/KAC

I realized a lot of players (more than 1.000) got ban by CONSOLE in my servers. The reasons are related with SMAC/KAC
ConVar sv_consistency violation
ConVar sv_cheats violation
ConVar r_drawothermodels violation
etc...

When SMAC/KAC ban players that did those thinggs, is it really true? I mean, a friend got ban due ConVar r_drawothermodels violation and he didn't anything. He is noob doesn't know how to do those things. He got a L4D2 crash and when back to game shows the message that he was banned.

Do you guys use this? How do I disable it?

SilentBr 10-30-2012 15:46

Re: Banned by CONSOLE SMAC/KAC

I found a cvar to set the time from the automatic bans what about to disable?

asherkin 11-01-2012 15:41

ConVar violations are without a doubt correct, your friend lied to you.

jackliu92 11-02-2012 12:20

Yep ConVar violations are 100% positive. Tell your friends to play fair, or ban them, lol~

Groger 11-05-2012 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentBr (Post 1829397)
I found a cvar to set the time from the automatic bans what about to disable?

Than whats the point of running smac?

nightrider 11-05-2012 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 1830507)
ConVar violations are without a doubt correct, your friend lied to you.

+1

dustinandband 11-19-2017 15:09

I'm getting one particular player getting banned over and over again for the same reason:
SMAC 0.8.5.2: ConVar sv_consistency violation

I have searched through the alliedmodders website and google. Tried looking through smac_cvars.sp but for a non-programmer it's kind of overwhelming trying to understand it. Also have sv_pure set to 2 in server.cfg

Can someone explain what this ban is for in layman's terms? or what exactly sets it off. Thanks

sneaK 11-19-2017 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinandband (Post 2561488)
Can someone explain what this ban is for in layman's terms?

A cheat.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...89#post1561689

dustinandband 11-20-2017 13:48

I was looking more for an explanation on how the cheat worked and any potential false positives. I’m not sure exactly how a client would go about trying to force their own cvars (intentionally or otherwise) but I’m trying to be fair as an admin, and I’ve seen this ban quite a bit on other server groups.

I’ve noticed lots of hearsay on forums saying there’s potential for false positives, or just differing opinions coming from server admins. Really I was hoping by posting here I’d get something more useful.

asherkin 11-20-2017 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinandband (Post 2561735)
I was looking more for an explanation on how the cheat worked and any potential false positives. I’m not sure exactly how a client would go about trying to force their own cvars (intentionally or otherwise) but I’m trying to be fair as an admin, and I’ve seen this ban quite a bit on other server groups.

I’ve noticed lots of hearsay on forums saying there’s potential for false positives, or just differing opinions coming from server admins. Really I was hoping by posting here I’d get something more useful.

Cvars are used to store configuration by both the server and client. Replicated cvars (what the module checks) always have the same value on the client as the server. Cheats interrupt the replication process to set their own value for the cvar rather than the servers value. Why they do it and how they do it is specific to the cheat and the cvar in question. A replicated cvar’s value not matching the server always indicates a cheat is being used (and a badly written one at that), the game client itself has no functionality to bypass cvar replication.