AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77391)

commonbullet 09-14-2008 01:32

Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 685203)
A link would have been nice. :wink:

Are you talking about this plugin? From my brief overview of it's code... End of map voting would not work. "Rock the vote" would work.

The mentioned plugin uses time 'tricks' in order to call a map vote. I haven't checked this one yet; if the compatibility issue requires csflags to be changed, please tell me - I might try to add it as a new feature in the next release.

Mlk27 09-14-2008 07:41

Brad, if someone starts rockthevote, how many times it will keep reminding players of how many more rocks needed to start map vating?

Brad 09-14-2008 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by karceWZROKIEM (Post 685596)
Polish translation

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielkza (Post 685610)
Brazilian Portuguese Translation

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commonbullet (Post 685659)
The mentioned plugin uses time 'tricks' in order to call a map vote. I haven't checked this one yet; if the compatibility issue requires csflags to be changed, please tell me - I might try to add it as a new feature in the next release.

I'll just say this generically, and then you can read it in the context of your plugin. I'm basing what I'm saying on how Avalanche did it with GunGame.

If you have a mod that alters when the game ends, you can make it compatible with just about any map voting plugin by providing a method for the server op to specify a server command that can be used to start the vote. If it makes sense, you can also allow the server op to determine at what point in your mod that the vote should start.

For example, with GunGame, you can specify "gal_startvote -nochange" as the server command to start the vote. GunGame also provides a CVAR to indicate on which round you want GG to call that command, which is good as you may have to take into account that there could be a runoff vote, thus you'll have to start the vote early enough.

If you do something like this, your mod will instantly be compatible with most of the existing map voting plugins.

If you want to talk specifically about your mod, please IM me or find me on IRC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mlk27 (Post 685757)
Brad, if someone starts rockthevote, how many times it will keep reminding players of how many more rocks needed to start map vating?

It will keep reminding people every gal_rtv_reminder minutes, until a vote has started.

EvolDay 09-14-2008 10:22

Brad, This plugin rocks im glad you finally released it. its such a cool plugin and a percentage thing is awesome. thank you for it.

Brad 09-14-2008 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvolDay (Post 685822)
Brad, This plugin rocks im glad you finally released it. its such a cool plugin and a percentage thing is awesome. thank you for it.

Thank you! I'm pretty fond of the voting percentages as well.

Hack_ 09-14-2008 15:02

Ver very nice Karma 4 u

commonbullet 09-14-2008 16:28

All right, I'll study a way to implement that. Also I think relying on time to start vote is somewhat of a risky solution; if can do that the way you described, it will be much better. Thank you.

minimiller 09-14-2008 17:06

<3 this plugin
Thanks braddy boyo!

Brad 09-14-2008 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hack_ (Post 685931)
Ver very nice Karma 4 u

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimiller (Post 685982)
<3 this plugin
Thanks braddy boyo!

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commonbullet (Post 685970)
All right, I'll study a way to implement that. Also I think relying on time to start vote is somewhat of a risky solution; if can do that the way you described, it will be much better. Thank you.

Feel free to get ahold of me privately, if you want to talk about the optimal settings for Galileo when used with your mod. Then, when you release a version of your mod that will work with Galileo, you can post back here in this thread saying as much (along with telling people any specific settings they should use in Galileo).

hcxx 09-15-2008 03:33

how can I disable rockthevote option in this plugin?