AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   DOD:S Team Balancer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=59645)

dalto 08-17-2007 21:05

DOD:S Team Balancer

1 Attachment(s)
DOD:S Team Balancer

Current Version: 1.0

Description:
This team balancer for Day of Defeat:Source keeps the teams the same size by moving dead players from the larger team. Admins are immune.

Planned Features:
  • If there is sufficient demand I will turn this into a skill based team balancer
CVar's:
sm_dods_balancer_version: The version number
sm_dods_balancer_enable: Enables the plugin

Changelog:

1.0: Initial Release

tcviper 08-20-2007 09:33

Re: DOD:S Simple Team Balancer

Finally someone that paid attention to this great game, thank you!

API 08-27-2007 02:27

Re: DOD:S Team Balancer

Approved, sorry for the late approval.

GyroTarzan 09-15-2007 10:52

I want to request 2 things to this plugin.

1 Only admins with global immunity are immune against balancer

2 Can you make a messege in the chat when a player is moved by balancer

Example: DOD:S Team Balancer: (username) was moved to balance the teams

FlyingMongoose 09-15-2007 20:43

Immunity in SourceMod has been modified for 1, and for 2, this plugin is being HEAVILY worked on.

Richter 09-17-2007 06:40

Thanks for this plugin. Great work so far.

It would be nice if you build in a delay (with countdown in the chat area) before the plugin switch a player. There are often players who want to change the team but don't notice that the teams are uneven.

HatachySven 09-30-2007 16:42

Nice Job,

would be great if you could implement the balancer skill based. :)

FlyingMongoose 10-02-2007 12:40

That is planned for a future version, though dalto has been very busy with his job lately. Him and I have been working on the balancing algorithm to work for dod:source better as well as counter-strike source and hopefully down the line some other mods/games.

HatachySven 12-19-2007 08:30

Any Update? :oops:

FlyingMongoose 12-19-2007 16:51

wish I could say haven't seen dalto online in forever :(

dirtyjob 01-21-2008 06:05

great plugin, helps alot, dalto are you back???? if so or someone else who could fix this , when this plugin swaps the dead player it is displayed that he was killed by his own team, another words when the allies need a player and the next axis is killed and sent to the allies the death listing has it that an allie killed an allie, could this be made to display that in fact that player was on axis when he was killed, it drives people crazy thinking they tked someone.

CrimsonGT 01-21-2008 06:08

This works for TF2 as well. It does the same thing as the built in balancer does though, only instantly.

How would one modify this to grant some kind of immunity to a player that has been switched so they won't be switched again for X minutes?

StevenT 01-30-2008 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonGT (Post 576622)
How would one modify this to grant some kind of immunity to a player that has been switched so they won't be switched again for X minutes?

That would be great! This plugin rox only i cant use it because it keeps switching some players too often, breakes teamplay

MistaGee 02-10-2008 14:46

I've made a plugin (based on this one) that switches players at the end of the round instead of instantly (problem with that was, that players sometimes got a TK because this plugin switched players too fast), and that takes the players' score into account when switching.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=583663

Hth,
Gee

dann 02-12-2008 10:32

is it possible to give other groups immunity to the auto balancer or do they have to be an admin?

MistaGee 02-12-2008 10:39

they have to be admin, but they don't have to have any admin flags :)

dann 02-12-2008 11:13

thanks.

I have one more question, I have all sourcemod plugins disabled except the hlstatsx and melee only(I run mani for admin). so what plugins need to be enabled to get this plugin working and have the admin file read.

Ryge 02-12-2008 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by dann (Post 584418)
thanks.

I have one more question, I have all sourcemod plugins disabled except the hlstatsx and melee only(I run mani for admin). so what plugins need to be enabled to get this plugin working and have the admin file read.

only "Admin File Reader" as far as i know.

dann 02-12-2008 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryge (Post 584452)
only "Admin File Reader" as far as i know.

admin-flatfile?

Gladiator69 06-08-2008 13:55

Hello, i uploaded the dodsbalancer.smx but it doesn't works, maybe i've to do something else?

sofwmrebiteme 07-17-2008 15:42

Does this currently work for dods final?

sofwmrebiteme 07-27-2008 10:49

It's a damn shame that Dalto is not updating this. With Mani having issues and the fair team Balancer not being fixed for Admin exceptions there does not seem to be a god working team balancer for DOD:S

HGSteiner 08-14-2008 08:05

2 Attachment(s)
Hi folks,

I added "sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff" to reduce too agressive teamchanges.

default: sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff 1
allowed values 1-5

ideas for further updates: warning text msg if teams are little unbalanced. How about a GPL version?

It works in DOD:S... so far

MaKTaiL 08-18-2008 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by HGSteiner (Post 669428)
Hi folks,

I added "sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff" to reduce too agressive teamchanges.

default: sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff 1
allowed values 1-5

ideas for further updates: warning text msg if teams are little unbalanced. How about a GPL version?

It works in DOD:S... so far

Good work, nicely done. One question: I didn't understand what exactly this new command does. can you explain it to me? Are this values in seconds??

HGSteiner 08-19-2008 06:24

with sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff you can define how many player difference between the 2 teams is allowed:

example: 16 players
team red: 7
team blue:9
sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff 2
result: team difference is 2 -> no change

example: 15 players
team red: 6
result: team difference is 3 -> next killed player from team blue is switched to red

Next update comes with text warning if teams are unbalanced. Switching players against their will is not a nice thing. Perhaps text warning helps to avoid trouble on the server. Player is killed.. "Teams are unbalaced, do you wanna join other team press 1.. no press2" well something like that

MaKTaiL 08-19-2008 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by HGSteiner (Post 671966)
with sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff you can define how many player difference between the 2 teams is allowed:

example: 16 players
team red: 7
result: team difference is 2 -> no change

example: 15 players
team red: 6
result: team difference is 3 -> next killed player from team blue is switched to red

Next update comes with text warning if teams are unbalanced. Switching players against their will is not a nice thing. Perhaps text warning helps to avoid trouble on the server. Player is killed.. "Teams are unbalaced, do you wanna join other team press 1.. no press2" well something like that

Thank you for the info. One thing that is bothering me is that when you kill someone and this person goes to your team because of unbalanced teams, it counts like friendly fire. You should fix this too. ^^

zerak 08-19-2008 10:50

does it count as ff or is it just the symbol?
I had problems with symbols showing ff but atac is fine, this was due to DoD:S though and I doubt the plugin had anything to do with my issue.

MaKTaiL 08-19-2008 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerak (Post 672064)
does it count as ff or is it just the symbol?
I had problems with symbols showing ff but atac is fine, this was due to DoD:S though and I doubt the plugin had anything to do with my issue.

Doesn't count as FF, but appears as FF. People in my server complains about this anyway. I was just warning the author to fix this if possible.

HGSteiner 08-20-2008 05:18

It looks like ff but it is not. I only added one little feature at this plugin, Im not the original author. At the moment Im super bussy with our new dod servers.. but I wanna try to develop this plugin further.

we run a 32 slot server and sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff 2 looks a good solution till the next update brigs a better solution

MaKTaiL 08-20-2008 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by HGSteiner (Post 672535)
It looks like ff but it is not. I only added one little feature at this plugin, Im not the original author. At the moment Im super bussy with our new dod servers.. but I wanna try to develop this plugin further.

we run a 32 slot server and sm_dods_balancer_maxteamdiff 2 looks a good solution till the next update brigs a better solution

There is a new plugin called Day of Defeat TeamManager Source that has much more features than this one and works better.

HGSteiner 08-20-2008 17:16

nice, use it :) have fun

Alderman [3rd MD] 11-19-2008 22:32

Since INS works like dods, would this work with Insurgency to? Could it be edited easily for INS? Insurgency really needs a team balancer.

HGSteiner 11-21-2008 15:02

No idea,ve never tried it on INS MOD. I had a quick look at the code and it looks really basic with two teams. If the team is unbalanced it switches the next dead player to the other team.

At the moment I dont have much time for tests with other mods. the only offer I can give is... try the plugin and report the errors here in this forum

BrutalGoerge 03-07-2009 01:59

1 Attachment(s)
I modified this plugin for myself, but I thought some other peoples might like what I did.
Antithasys was helping me with another plugin, and I thought i could do the same to this one. I was changing another plugin to just look for the a admin flag for reserve.

I also added a chat notification to say that "username was swapped to balance the teams."

I made the swap delay 1 second so that in the hud, it will no longer show you killing a teammate as he's getting swapped.

so i:
- changed the immunity to look for the reserve flag
- made the switch delay 1 second to prevent 'team killings' in the HUD
- added a chat notification saying someone got switched

dangerousbrian 04-04-2009 12:26

hello guys am new to all this

would like like to know how to install this plugin or where it should be put

many thanks in advance

DB

micazoid 03-04-2012 15:18

I love your Plugin.

It is simple, it is effective, it is stable.

But one question:
Can you add a command like balance? So I can type sm_balance in chat and the teams are balanced? Sometimes the "wait till someone dies" Function isnt working, because no one dies. This can take much time if a team is noobish. So they get rushed and frustrated.

sm_blance is provided by Xaiders Advanced Commands, but I am not willing to install this just because I need a balance

ryanhutch100 05-02-2012 19:45

I need help how do you put mods on DODS

playboycyberclub 01-10-2023 05:34

2 Attachment(s)
DOD:S Team Balancer Fix for SourceMod v1.11 or v1.12

micmacx 02-03-2023 21:56

4 Attachment(s)
Hi,
Another version that handles humans and bots separately.

First it balance human, secondly it balance bots.
And third if there are 3 humans in team 1, 2 humans in team 2 and the total number of bots and humans is 9 players, will balance by putting 1 bot in team1 and 3 bots in team2.
Which makes Team1=3+1=4 VS Team2=2+3=5.

And there is a translation file for english and french.

The first zip is compiled with sourcemod 1.11 6502 and contain all files.

The last zip is for french translation.

Happy DODs player 02-04-2023 06:09

great work both