AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:S] No Head Shake v1.0.1 (Updated: 4/13/12) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=182672)

thetwistedpanda 04-12-2012 11:08

[CS:S] No Head Shake v1.0.1 (Updated: 4/13/12)

2 Attachment(s)
Requirements:
Description:
  • A quick and dirty plugin that removes the shaking effect when clients are shot in the head, with two cvars to control usage.
ConVars:
  • css_no_head_shake_team: Disables the shaking effect when shot by team mates in the head.
  • css_no_head_shake_enemy: Disables the shaking effect when shot by enemies in the head.
Installation:
  • Place css_no_head_shake.smx inside of /sourcemod/plugins/

TnTSCS 04-12-2012 11:11

Re: [CS:S] No Head Shake

This is good for FF OFF servers

Dr!fter 04-12-2012 12:15

Keeping track of team switches is not the best method. You're better off just calling get team. The reason i say not the best method is iirc switching a player via one of the many methods there is wont call the event. Other than that it looks good! Ill have a better look and confirm if my theory is correct:P If it isnt ill approve heh.

thetwistedpanda 04-12-2012 12:21

As far as I know, CS:S always calls the player_team event when a player's team is changed. Every plugin I use caches the team since it only changes on that event, unless there's a new method from DHooks that doesn't fire the event. And frankly, if there's a method that doesn't call player_team, it should still fake fire the event because that will only cause incompatibility with far more plugins, but m_iTeamNum/CS_SwitchTeam/ChangeClientTeam, the three most prominent methods, all call it.

Dr!fter 04-12-2012 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda (Post 1687422)
As far as I know, CS:S always calls the player_team event when a player's team is changed. Every plugin I use caches the team since it only changes on that event, unless there's a new method from DHooks that doesn't fire the event. And frankly, if there's a method that doesn't call player_team, it should still fake fire the event because that will only cause incompatibility with far more plugins, but m_iTeamNum/CS_SwitchTeam/ChangeClientTeam, the three most prominent methods, all call it.

Indeed it does. Approved then :P Also Nice job :D

Fearts 04-12-2012 21:06

Thanks for this adding to all my servers.

thetwistedpanda 04-12-2012 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr!fter (Post 1687595)
Indeed it does. Approved then :P Also Nice job :D

This was apparently discussed on IRC a few days ago; Peace-Maker wrote code that accomplished just this for someone, but apparently didn't release it. I had this stuff sitting around in my BuildWars plugin and just through a copy/paste together when it was requested >.<.

blue zebra 04-13-2012 01:46

Re: [CS:S] No Head Shake v1.0.0 (Updated: 4/12/12)

3 Attachment(s)
I think, i found a little bug in this plugin.
When i turn on this plugin, all player skins will be totally dark/black. All new player gets this dark skin. When the player die, the dead body gets the good skin.
When i disabled this plugin, the old player use the dark skin and the newly entered player got the good skin. Game: CSS. See:

thetwistedpanda 04-13-2012 02:30

That looks like incompatibility with something else you're currently running. This plugin doesn't have anything to do with models/colors. The code itself is quite simple...

linglingftw 04-13-2012 02:47

Panda.. You're amazing :bacon!: