AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Gore (mike_cao) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=384)

DopeFish 03-21-2004 05:43

Gore (mike_cao)

2 Attachment(s)
This is the gore plugin from mike_cao <[email protected]>

Due to popular demand I converted it over to amxmodx. Other then changing certain things so that it works with amxx I have not changed anything in the code (no modifications, no additions).

Changelog:
Version 1.1 : Visibility is reset when player spawns
Version 1.2: Condition Zero support from >eisbein<

Both downloads are the SAME sourcecode, they only differ in the options set for the compiler so you can download a compiled version for CZ or for CS directly from the forums.

BigBaller 03-21-2004 06:22

Sooo you made the invisibility fix on this plugin?

That was a problem when converting from AMX MOD, is when you kill something with a AWP or it would be known as high damge, instead of exploding you would become invisible for the entire map.

I do think it is a bug in HL but I only notice it when running this plugin.

DopeFish 03-21-2004 06:36

it's not a bug, your dead ;) who cares if you are invisible ;)
the code part you are talking about is when the player is turned invisible so that the "gibs" can display right. Turning gibs off will fix your problem

BigBaller 03-21-2004 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DopeFish
it's not a bug, your dead ;) who cares if you are invisible ;)

Thats the problem, you dont die, you just become invisible for the entire map.

DopeFish 03-21-2004 07:12

if you are using a respawn plugin then it should take care that the player is reset to basic values when he respawns. doing so in the gore plugin would break other plugins.

BigBaller 03-21-2004 07:15

Ok, well I dont use a respawn plugin, I will check your version of this on my server later, just wanted to know if that problem worked around.

ThorW634 03-21-2004 10:56

anyword on if this works correctly or not?

NitrX 03-21-2004 11:29

Hi !

I have installed amx_gore on my server and 3 or 4 rounds later lot of enemys were invisible :|

I have on my server (win32 & won) amxmodx 0.15, admin_godmode (from amxmod), ultimatesounds (from amxmod too) and of course amx_gore (from here :roll:)

Bye

BigBaller 03-21-2004 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitrX
Hi !

I have installed amx_gore on my server and 3 or 4 rounds later lot of enemys were invisible :|

I have on my server (win32 & won) amxmodx 0.15, admin_godmode (from amxmod), ultimatesounds (from amxmod too) and of course amx_gore (from here :roll:)

Bye

BINGO

I knew that was still a problem. basically .. someone needs to completely remake the gore plugin to not do that.

DopeFish 03-22-2004 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBaller
someone needs to completely remake the gore plugin to not do that.

a "complete remake" would be overkill, it is only one line of code that needs to be added.

Changelog:
Version 1.1 : Visibility is reset when player spawns