AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=251870)

ClassicGuzzi 11-21-2014 11:50

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23)

2 Attachment(s)
Description
A rewrite based on both asherkin's and Damizean's plugin.

Features
Spoiler

Configs
Spoiler

Changelog
Spoiler

Installation instructions
Place the dodgeball_redux.smx in your sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
Place configs files on sourcemod/configs/dodgeball_redux/
Also you can add map-specific spawners on sourcemod/configs/dodgeball_redux/maps/tfdb_mapname.cfg
You need the tf2items extension and the steamworks extension for this plugin. It also requires tf2attributes.

IMPORTANT: If you don't like a feature, you can easily disable it from the config file, read it all before asking in for help.

Credit
Both asherkin and Damizean for their original plugins.
Also thanks to Powerlod, Chdata, and everyone who helped/gave me feedback!

Note: I'll keep updating this plugin with anyrequest comes up and also I'll keep improving it's code.
Sorry for my bad English and my code.

ReFlexPoison 11-21-2014 12:19

Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux

Why would you take so many of the configurations from the original out?
  • Multiple rocket types
  • Multiple rockets
  • Sounds

ClassicGuzzi 11-21-2014 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison (Post 2226743)
Why would you take so many of the configurations from the original out?
  • Multiple rocket types
  • Multiple rockets
  • Sounds

Because this started as a custom plugin for my server. We never play with multiples rockets and the nuke is fun at first but I never use it. This plugins uses 2 sounds (for spawn and for alert).

I know that "yet another dodgeball plugin" had a lot of customization but the code it's really messy because of that. This plugin is for those who want a simple plugin with one rocket and the featured I added.

I wont add more "classes" but I think that I will add multiple rockets some time, and maybe a cvar to control models and sound.

ReFlexPoison 11-21-2014 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi (Post 2226750)
I know that "yet another dodgeball plugin" had a lot of customization but the code it's really messy because of that.

I've checked the code for the old Dodgeball plugin and have been able to easily change things that I need. It's pretty clean for a config parser. I do like the changes you implemented into this however I don't suggest removing features at the same time.

ClassicGuzzi 11-21-2014 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison (Post 2226752)
I've checked the code for the old Dodgeball plugin and have been able to easily change things that I need. It's pretty clean for a config parser. I do like the changes you implemented into this however I don't suggest removing features at the same time.

As I said:
Note: I'll keep updating this plugin with anyrequest comes up and also I'll keep improving it's code.

I'm not that good coding so I will add those features back. I just wanted to make a fully functional plugin first, and get some feedback.
Tell me exactly what features do you want the most and I'll work on it!

friagram 11-22-2014 16:05

i JUST LOVE mods where the graphic/banner takes up more space/margins than my screen can show :|

This kind of thing is ok I think, but you should improve it some.
Like, use tf2attributes/tf2items to manage changing weapons so players can use their existing items. Also, adding in some customization to the rockets is good.. At least some rocket types like models/scales/etc.

Negratius 11-24-2014 11:31

Haven't had time to test it but:

Will it count kills and projectiles reflected on strange flame throwers?

ClassicGuzzi 11-24-2014 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negratius (Post 2227846)
Haven't had time to test it but:

Will it count kills and projectiles reflected on strange flame throwers?

No right now, because the way it works. It strips the player from every weapon and it gives him a normal flamethrower.

I will modify it to do what friagram said, I will just edit the current player's weapon.

By the way, is there any way to prevent the player for taunt-killing with the rainblower? I also want to prevent the looping sound bug of the degreaser but I don't know if there is any way to do it, without changing the player's weapon.

Also, the rocketbounce plugin don't work really well with this dodgeball, I'm looking into it too.

Negratius 11-24-2014 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi (Post 2227853)
No right now, because the way it works. It strips the player from every weapon and it gives him a normal flamethrower.

I will modify it to do what friagram said, I will just edit the current player's weapon.

By the way, is there any way to prevent the player for taunt-killing with the rainblower? I also want to prevent the looping sound bug of the degreaser but I don't know if there is any way to do it, without changing the player's weapon.

Also, the rocketbounce plugin don't work really well with this dodgeball, I'm looking into it too.

That option for not removing the weps would be awesome
The people that plays on my servers like that it's currently counting kills and reflects

idk nothing about the taunt kill =/

Good luck on fixing the rocket bounce :D

:bacon!::bacon!::bacon!:

narugo 11-26-2014 13:48

any idea how to change this?
new Handle:hItem = TF2Items_CreateItem(FORCE_GENERATION | OVERRIDE_CLASSNAME | OVERRIDE_ITEM_DEF | OVERRIDE_ITEM_LEVEL | OVERRIDE_ITEM_QUALITY | OVERRIDE_ATTRIBUTES);

and use Pyro primary weapon from loadout set and also "preserve-attributes" "1"?

and for prevent use of others weapons try it TF2_RemoveWeaponSlot(client, TFWeaponSlot_Secondary);

PS: about taunt kill you can reduce damage given by it.