AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   L4D2 update broke sourcemod? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=219780)

spritex 07-02-2013 16:07

L4D2 update broke sourcemod?

Did sourcemod break for anybody else after the new L4D2 update this morning?

adrianman 07-02-2013 16:10

Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?

it's broken allright

worminater 07-02-2013 17:03

Yup, broken here too.

crasx 07-02-2013 17:16

ditto

any idea on how long it takes to get a fix patched?

psychonic 07-02-2013 17:20

Unless one of the other devs beats me to it, it probably won't be until after this time tomorrow.

Stargate75 07-02-2013 17:26

Its not sourcemod or MM. I have a clean Server
Code:

.cache load failed, forcing rebuild!
Touched 0 cached files
Elapsed time:  0.00 seconds
Touched 0 cached files
Touched 0 cached files
Touched 0 cached files
Missing shutdown function for audiosourcecache->Init( host_parms.memsize >> 2 ) : audiosourcecache->Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for S_Init() : S_Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for Decal_Init() : Decal_Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for InitStudioRender() : ShutdownStudioRender()
Missing shutdown function for StaticPropMgr()->Init() : StaticPropMgr()->Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for modelloader->Init() : modelloader->Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for InitMaterialSystem() : ShutdownMaterialSystem()
Missing shutdown function for HLTV_Init() : HLTV_Shutdown()

[/QUOTE]

psychonic 07-02-2013 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargate75 (Post 1982178)
Its not sourcemod or MM. I have a clean Server
Code:

.cache load failed, forcing rebuild!
Touched 0 cached files
Touched 0 cached files
Touched 0 cached files
Touched 0 cached files
Missing shutdown function for audiosourcecache->Init( host_parms.memsize >> 2 ) : audiosourcecache->Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for S_Init() : S_Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for Decal_Init() : Decal_Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for InitStudioRender() : ShutdownStudioRender()
Missing shutdown function for StaticPropMgr()->Init() : StaticPropMgr()->Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for modelloader->Init() : modelloader->Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for InitMaterialSystem() : ShutdownMaterialSystem()
Missing shutdown function for HLTV_Init() : HLTV_Shutdown()

Vanilla Windows servers are reported to be broken. Linux servers (and maybe Windows servers once that issue is fixed) have issues loading MM:S.

def075 07-02-2013 17:40

metamod-fatal.log (mmsource-1.9.3-hg820-linux)
PHP Code:

L 07/03/2013 06:15:56Detected engine 8 but could not load: /home/l4d2/1/left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/metamod/bin/metamod.2.l4d2.soundefined symbolg_pMemAlloc 

RavenDan29 07-02-2013 17:45

its only just broke for me 22.44pm BST gameservers.com says its been confirmed as a problem with metamod not sourcemod by the developers, tried both stable and dev snapshots (Linux Server)

btw what is a Vanilla Server?

11530 07-02-2013 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenDan29 (Post 1982185)
btw what is a Vanilla Server?

A server that is not running any third-party software like MetaMod:Source or SourceMod. It is the basic game without any mods.

Powerlord 07-02-2013 18:37

According to the John from NFO and confirmed by Valve's Kerry Davis on the hlds mailing list:

To fix the Windows Vanilla server crash, overwrite the server's left4dead2/sound/sound.cache with one from a (Windows?) client.

Still doesn't fix the SourceMod issue, but at least the server itself will run!

evilmaniac 07-02-2013 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1982204)
According to the John from NFO and confirmed by Valve's Kerry Davis on the hlds mailing list:

To fix the Windows Vanilla server crash, overwrite the server's left4dead2/sound/sound.cache with one from a (Windows?) client.

Still doesn't fix the SourceMod issue, but at least the server itself will run!

What Sourcemod issue, I thought it was metamod that was not loading =/

Powerlord 07-02-2013 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmaniac (Post 1982206)
What Sourcemod issue, I thought it was metamod that was not loading =/

Yeah, whoops, it is a MetaMod issue.

Incidentally, SourceMod extensions are going to have the same issue if the SourceMod devs haven't already updated them. That's because it's an issue in the hl2sdk-l4d2.

Puffylumpkins 07-02-2013 20:56

Metamod is loading fine my my Windows server, its SM that's borking out on me.

Here's the official communication I got from NFO

Re: L4D2 update and Sourcemod
Jul 02 2013 03:44:38 PM PT We found a workaround for the crashing problems caused by today's L4D2 update on Windows and we are applying it to all of those servers now. We also noticed that Sourcemod does not work with this update (even its latest snapshot), and we have renamed the left4dead2/addons/metamod/sourcemod.vdf file to left4dead2/addons/metamod/sourcemod.vdf.disabled on all servers that are running it, in order to temporarily disable it. When a new version of Sourcemod is released, we recommend using the Autoinstaller to upgrade, which will put the file back as well as update your SM install.

Powerlord 07-02-2013 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puffylumpkins (Post 1982264)

Jul 02 2013 03:44:38 PM PT We found a workaround for the crashing problems caused by today's L4D2 update on Windows and we are applying it to all of those servers now. We also noticed that Sourcemod does not work with this update (even its latest snapshot), and we have renamed the left4dead2/addons/metamod/sourcemod.vdf file to left4dead2/addons/metamod/sourcemod.vdf.disabled on all servers that are running it, in order to temporarily disable it. When a new version of Sourcemod is released, we recommend using the Autoinstaller to upgrade, which will put the file back as well as update your SM install.

I should have mentioned, it's a Metamod issue... on Linux. Of course, both Windows and Linux will have issue with SourceMod, but Linux gets to have extra issues because Valve changed some libraries around (Orange Box games went through this changeover 6 months or more ago).

Puffylumpkins 07-02-2013 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1982282)
I should have mentioned, it's a Metamod issue... on Linux. Of course, both Windows and Linux will have issue with SourceMod, but Linux gets to have extra issues because Valve changed some libraries around (Orange Box games went through this changeover 6 months or more ago).

That makes more sense.

blaquicat 07-02-2013 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puffylumpkins (Post 1982264)

Worked for me..
My metamod run fine too..

SilentBr 07-03-2013 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaquicat (Post 1982316)
Worked for me..
My metamod run fine too..

How do you run metamod? The same way as usual? Here doesn't load the .vdf

I've found this log:

L 07/03/2013 - 02:54:58: Detected engine 8 but could not load: /home/server/left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/metamod/bin/metamod.2.l4d2.so: undefined symbol: g_pMemAlloc

Wazman 07-03-2013 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1982171)
Unless one of the other devs beats me to it, it probably won't be until after this time tomorrow.

So it'll just be in a new snap shot of metmod, or will the current latest stable build just be updated?

Tamasa 07-03-2013 04:31

Here is what I got:

The L4D2 update has broken the Metamod Source functionality so the mods will be unavailable until an update for the mod is available. I would suggest to check the Metamod/Sourcemod sites within a few days as there should be an update available for the mods.

Does this mean no more sourcemod on LFD2 servers?

Tamasa 07-03-2013 04:47

Here is error I get:
L 07/03/2013 - 04:34:06: Detected engine 8 but could not load: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/libvstdlib.so)

I'm a noob and have no idea what that is.

RavenDan29 07-03-2013 06:27

Any word on a fix yet?

So Vanilla is just a fancy pants buzz word for a plan and boring Official Dedicated Server, surely slapping vanilla across a server automatically goes against it being non modded having given a plan boring server a name, if your stating your not done anything to it just leave it with the default title.

The recent 846 dev mm snapshot doesn't fix the issue just FYI least not for linux

wendigo 07-03-2013 08:54

omg. I really dont hope, this is the end for sourcemod for l4d2 :(

I really had some nice tweaks to the special infected, when I played custom campaigns with my steam buddies :(

V1SoR 07-03-2013 09:21

Jesus, calm down. psychonic is working on it. Is it that hard to read the thread?

wendigo 07-03-2013 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1SoR (Post 1982504)
Jesus, calm down. psychonic is working on it. Is it that hard to read the thread?

I saw his reply alright.

But I still felt to express, what I had in my mind, for those seconds it took.

Sucks to be human :grrr:

Puffylumpkins 07-03-2013 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendigo (Post 1982507)
I saw his reply alright.

But I still felt to express, what I had in my mind, for those seconds it took.

Sucks to be human :grrr:

No L4D and no SourceMod make wendigo something something...

Dr. Greg House 07-03-2013 10:14

So where exactly lies the problem? Because I'd like to know which repository I will have to update later.

RavenDan29 07-03-2013 11:39

Depends if its Linux its with metamod, if its windows server its with sourcemod as far as I can tell

s.m.a.c head 07-03-2013 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenDan29 (Post 1982581)
Depends if its Linux its with metamod, if its windows server its with sourcemod as far as I can tell

ahh ok thanks for this , you would think they would give the new update to SM /MM devs in advance of the actual release

RavenDan29 07-03-2013 11:44

How does Vanilla differ from official Dedicated from what yourve said its the same thing and therefore shouldn't be effected is Vanilla a GSP company?

"ahh ok thanks for this , you would think they would give the new update to SM /MM devs in advance of the actual release"

That would require mm+sm developers to know about what steam and valve are upto before they released the update, I believe im right in saying that mm+sm devs are not affiliated with valve and steam in anyway, and relay on the occasional donation from the general public to fund there much appreciated efforts.

Powerlord 07-03-2013 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.m.a.c head (Post 1982587)
ahh ok thanks for this , you would think they would give the new update to SM /MM devs in advance of the actual release

It was available as a Beta a few days before.

psychonic 07-03-2013 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1982626)
It was available as a Beta a few days before.

In a few key aspects, that beta and the actual release differ wildly.

Powerlord 07-03-2013 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1982638)
In a few key aspects, that beta and the actual release differ wildly.

Which is also why you guys have a policy to not build against Betas. Especially since last time (the TF2 SteamPipe conversion) it bit you in the ass when Valve undid all the gamedata changes.

Stargate75 07-03-2013 14:20

When work Sourcemod on the new update?

psychonic 07-03-2013 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargate75 (Post 1982675)
When work Sourcemod on the new update?

When it's fixed.

Powerlord 07-03-2013 14:58

As a reminder, when the new version comes out, all Linux extensions will need to be recompiled against the new versions of hl2sdk-l4d2, MetaMod: Source, and Sourcemod.

So, I have a pile of fish sitting here to slap people with... just waiting for things like "why doesn't Left 4 Downtown 2 work?" (or other L4D2 extensions), or if I see mention of missing library libvstdlib.so or missing library libtier0.so or undefined symbol: g_pMemAlloc errors.

Edit: And apparently people are also seeing version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/libvstdlib.so) (could also be libtier0.so). This is also a fish slappable offense, as the server no longer uses libvstdlib.so and libtier0.so.

wendigo 07-03-2013 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1982714)
As a reminder, when the new version comes out, all Linux extensions will need to be recompiled against the new versions of hl2sdk-l4d2, MetaMod: Source, and Sourcemod.

So, I have a pile of fish sitting here to slap you with just waiting for things like "why doesn't Left 4 Downtown 2 work?" (or other L4D2 extensions), or if I see mention of missing library libvstdlib.so or missing library libtier0.so or undefined symbol: g_pMemAlloc errors.

I have no idea at all, what you are talking about. I rent my l4d2 server through gameservers.com
So I dont expect to be doing much, other than wait for their support, to roll out the fix once its online.
Their l4d2 servers runs on Linux. But should I tell them, they need to recomplie that thing?

V1SoR 07-03-2013 15:24

I wonder what will happen if L4D3 is going to be the first game on the new Source 2. Guess no plugins for a month minimum.

VSP, guys. Learn it!

Powerlord 07-03-2013 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendigo (Post 1982728)
I have no idea at all, what you are talking about. I rent my l4d2 server through gameservers.com
So I dont expect to be doing much, other than wait for their support, to roll out the fix once its online.
Their l4d2 servers runs on Linux. But should I tell them, they need to recomplie that thing?

This is usually something that extension developers do, although there's nothing stopping others from doing it.

s.m.a.c head 07-03-2013 15:55

so linux will have on going problems with plugins ?