AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] No Thriller Taunt (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=171343)

Thraka 11-09-2011 18:13

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
I think that may be correct. One server is woorking well now and I dont want to reboot the other as it's full.

BaconCat 11-11-2011 06:40

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
I am getting this error:

Mod. [12] <FAILED> file "thriller.ext.2.ep2v.so": Could not find interface: ISourceMod


I am using SM 1.3.8, does that matter? 1.4 keeps breaking on TF2

Wazz 11-11-2011 07:08

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
pheadxdll, I would suggest checking the byte you are about to patch to reduce the chance of the server crashing when a tf2 update modifies the function you are patching.

pheadxdll 11-11-2011 10:55

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
SourceMod 1.4 is the latest stable version, you should try and update. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazz (Post 1594468)
pheadxdll, I would suggest checking the byte you are about to patch to reduce the chance of the server crashing when a tf2 update modifies the function you are patching.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...70&postcount=4

Wazz 11-11-2011 10:59

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
I seem to be an anti-splicing nazi.

EHG 11-28-2011 17:06

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
Great extension pheadxdll :)
This has reminded me of something I was looking for in the past. A method to detect what type of taunt a player used. Would you be able to create a forward using this method to do just that?

Powerlord 11-29-2011 11:01

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EHG (Post 1604346)
Great extension pheadxdll :)
This has reminded me of something I was looking for in the past. A method to detect what type of taunt a player used. Would you be able to create a forward using this method to do just that?

While I'm not the extension's author, this extension just patches the server's memory to not allow the Thriller taunt. It doesn't actually do any detection of the taunt type.

pheadxdll 11-29-2011 14:05

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
Yup, that cannot be done with this extension, but it's not impossible. Side note: Extension broke on windows and needs the updated gamedata from the latest version.

Powerlord 11-29-2011 15:09

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheadxdll (Post 1604748)
Yup, that cannot be done with this extension, but it's not impossible. Side note: Extension broke on windows and needs the updated gamedata from the latest version.

I thought when I looked at the gamedata that the offsets looked wrong, but I don't use this extension so I wasn't sure (I just force Full Moon mode).

Snaggle 12-16-2011 17:31

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt
 
Hi, the extension is down again after the new xmas update. Running on Windows.
Code:

<FAILED> file "thriller.ext.2.ep2v.dll": Could not locate signature to apply patch.
.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:34.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.