AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] No Thriller Taunt (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=171343)

Spanospy 05-06-2014 13:59

Re: [TF2] No Thriller Taunt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oshizu (Post 2132614)
It's does not happens on purpose
When valve does some change in Team Fortress 2 they might modify something that was used by plugin. Which results in plugin messing up

Anyway here's temporary solution plugin: (It requires TF2Attributes thought)
It should work
Spoiler

Updated: Fixed Wrong Events stuff

just tried this, and it does not work. the other one you suggested might work, but im using a multiplay server, so adding plugins takes time to process.

Lob (UK 05-16-2014 15:47

This was broken by yesterdays update (windows server). Would be great if the plugin could be updated. :)

- Lob (UK)

pheadxdll 05-16-2014 17:22

I updated the gamedata on the first post. However, in the future, I don't think I will be doing anymore gamedata updates on this. I think the "special taunt" attribute added in a recent TF2 update is a better way of blocking the random thriller taunt AND just about every other random/forced taunt (april fool's, halloween costumes, etc)

I might make a very simple plugin to do this. The game checks the player's active weapon so the attribute would need to be applied to every weapon that can be active. (not on the player) So I think the plugin would have more functionality and be easier to keep up-to-date if it used attributes. The downside is that there's a limit of 15 attributes and this would add one for each weapon. So what do you think, do you care about blocking taunts other than thriller?

Lob (UK 05-16-2014 18:03

Thanks pheadxdll. :)

It is only the thriller taunt that my community don't like very much and so they like to have Halloween enabled but with the thriller taunt blocked.

- Lob (UK)

Spanospy 05-19-2014 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pheadxdll (Post 2138727)
I updated the gamedata on the first post. However, in the future, I don't think I will be doing anymore gamedata updates on this. I think the "special taunt" attribute added in a recent TF2 update is a better way of blocking the random thriller taunt AND just about every other random/forced taunt (april fool's, halloween costumes, etc)

I might make a very simple plugin to do this. The game checks the player's active weapon so the attribute would need to be applied to every weapon that can be active. (not on the player) So I think the plugin would have more functionality and be easier to keep up-to-date if it used attributes. The downside is that there's a limit of 15 attributes and this would add one for each weapon. So what do you think, do you care about blocking taunts other than thriller?

I would be so happy to have this plugin! so, there is no attribute to block only thriller? that's a shame. but, at least this plugin will pretty much always be up-to-date! thanks!

EDIT: Do thriller taunts occur with Halloween costumes? if they don't, i don't see a need to add the attribute to a person's weapons if they have those Halloween sets.

Oshizu 05-19-2014 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanospy (Post 2140014)
I would be so happy to have this plugin! so, there is no attribute to block only thriller? that's a shame. but, at least this plugin will pretty much always be up-to-date! thanks!

EDIT: Do thriller taunts occur with Halloween costumes? if they don't, i don't see a need to add the attribute to a person's weapons if they have those Halloween sets.

Thriller taunt occours when tf_forced_holiday is set to 2 (either when you force it or either if it's real halloween event in tf)

pheadxdll 05-19-2014 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanospy (Post 2140014)

Okay, I happened to have The Tin Soldier costume and tested this:
  • Without this plugin, the Soldier will still have random Thriller taunt. When it randomly is a normal taunt, it becomes the costume taunt.
  • With this plugin, the Soldier will always do the costume taunt.
  • If you applied the "special taunt" attribute, it would always be the normal, stock taunt (blocks everything). All the weapons with special taunt abilities have this attribute already.
Guess I'll keep the gamedata up-to-date as some of you have a need for this.

NathanBeesley 06-08-2014 14:18

Does the plugin still work/is it updated?

pheadxdll 06-08-2014 17:19

yup try it

blablubde 06-09-2014 09:58

I had to update the thriller.plugin.txt file to get it working again, but now i don't see the stupid taunt anymore.

So yes, it works. Thx a lot.