AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=261188)

Cuban_Dota 04-07-2015 16:56

How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?

There are players that enter my server that have broken steam id,like [I:0:0] or STEAM_ID_LAN and such.I want to avoid this players entering my server. I tried kicking the clients using the event player_activate but the server craches some times, thxxxx for any help.

Marcus101RR 04-07-2015 17:14

Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuban_Dota (Post 2283265)
There are players that enter my server that have broken steam id,like [I:0:0] or STEAM_ID_LAN and such.I want to avoid this players entering my server. I tried kicking the clients using the event player_activate but the server craches some times, thxxxx for any help.

That doesn't happen unless you play LAN. So why would you need this? NO steam, NO Support.

BAILANDO 04-07-2015 18:05

You're using LAN servers like Marcus say or using NonSteam servers with emulators, then, your false.

psychonic 04-07-2015 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus101RR (Post 2283268)
That doesn't happen unless you play LAN. So why would you need this? NO steam, NO Support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILANDO (Post 2283279)
You're using LAN servers like Marcus say or using NonSteam servers with emulators, then, your false.

He is using a LAN server.

Marcus101RR 04-08-2015 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2283312)
He is using a LAN server.

LAN is for local, so obviously if you don't want someone joining, put a password on it or make sure that the person on the network doesn't play the same game lol

Cuban_Dota 04-08-2015 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus101RR (Post 2283552)
LAN is for local, so obviously if you don't want someone joining, put a password on it or make sure that the person on the network doesn't play the same game lol

Bro i live in Cuba and here we dont have easy internet acces, we play dota using the rev emu on the client and the srds for the server. As you may now the revemu emulates the steam client and assigns an unique steam id for each client.The problem is that there are some people that have broken steam ids, i mean by broken that they dont have a regular steam id, when the join the server they crach the game. This is the issue thx

Miggy 04-08-2015 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuban_Dota (Post 2283558)
we dont have easy internet acces, we play dota using the rev emu on the client and the srds for the server. As you may now the revemu emulates the steam client and assigns an unique steam id for each client.

I have relatives in Cuba, can confirm this is true.
Good luck on getting this done, dude.

Cuban_Dota 04-08-2015 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miggy (Post 2283575)
I have relatives in Cuba, can confirm this is true.
Good luck on getting this done, dude.

thanks for your words.

psychonic 04-08-2015 14:48

You need to get rid of RevEmu and just use a normal Steam server and clients.

Dota will launch with Steam in offline mode and clients should be able to join a server that has sv_lan set to 1.

Cuban_Dota 04-08-2015 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2283589)
You need to get rid of RevEmu and just use a normal Steam server and clients.

Dota will launch with Steam in offline mode and clients should be able to join a server that has sv_lan set to 1.

But that generates other kind of problem, if i use a normal steam client (nerver use one before) do i need internet conecction? and the what about the custom couriers and clothes for the heros that the revemu offers, the normal steam client have those to?
thx for you time

psdat:please check my other post about the GetEntDataString and tell me what you think