AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   FPS Limiter With Kick System (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=326248)

Nill_ 07-24-2020 07:59

FPS Limiter With Kick System

1 Attachment(s)
FPS LIMITER + KICK V1.0

Description:
Prevents players from using more than x FPS when connecting. It will be kicked automatically, if you change the FPS after reconnecting to the server, it will also be kicked.

The maximum FPS can be exchanged here:
Quote:

const g_iFpsMax = x; // Sets The FPS Limit.
PT-BR: Espero ter ajudado! :D
ENG: Hope this helps! :D

OciXCrom 07-24-2020 08:32

Re: FPS Limiter With Kick System

Code:
public client_putinserver(id) {     if(!is_user_bot(id))     client_cmd( id, "fps_max %d", g_iFpsMax); }

This is slowhacking and not allowed.

Why would you release a plugin that requires changes in the .sma file in order to work? Haven't you heard about cvars? The least you can do is set a default value.

Did YOU make this plugin?

Nill_ 07-24-2020 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2711458)
Code:
public client_putinserver(id) {     if(!is_user_bot(id))     client_cmd( id, "fps_max %d", g_iFpsMax); }

This is slowhacking and not allowed.

Why would you release a plugin that requires changes in the .sma file in order to work? Haven't you heard about cvars? The least you can do is set a default value.

Did YOU make this plugin?

I already had this plugin, it had a menu. I just edited it to remove the menu and put it to disconnect the automatic player.

OciXCrom 07-24-2020 18:36

Then where is the original author's name and credits? Removing something from someone else's work doesn't make you its author.

Nill_ 07-25-2020 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2711547)
Then where is the original author's name and credits? Removing something from someone else's work doesn't make you its author.

I got this plugin from a friend of mine, he had edited the author of the plugin so I don’t know who it is, so I added mine. I just posted this plugin to help other people, you don't have to be mad at me. :(

thEsp 07-25-2020 04:02

Nobody is getting mad at you, but this forum implies anti-non-steam rules, so think about it... :bee:

OciXCrom 07-25-2020 07:38

If you don't know who it is, mention that in the thread or plugin, don't just add your name in there when you don't even know how to create a basic plugin. That being said, are you able to support this plugin?

Nill_ 07-25-2020 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2711597)
If you don't know who it is, mention that in the thread or plugin, don't just add your name in there when you don't even know how to create a basic plugin. That being said, are you able to support this plugin?

I know how to create basic plugins, if you want later I'll post one here, I see some improvements that I can add. it's not because i put this plugin as if i was the author that i don't know how to do anything plugin.

JocAnis 07-25-2020 13:39

talking about non-steam, does 'query_client_cvar' even work on them? i cant test it but heard it dont

Nill_ 07-25-2020 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JocAnis (Post 2711640)
talking about non-steam, does 'query_client_cvar' even work on them? i cant test it but heard it dont

yes, it works for both steam and non-steam, I tested both and it worked fine.